2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

2 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Cashman needs to go to Japan and talk Tanaka into coming back

You keep on with this.  I'm not sure I get it.  Despite a ridiculous amount of injuries the rotation seemed pretty good. Kluber and Taillon were solid enough.  Montgomery bounced back nicely. Nestor was pretty damn good and Gil seems ahead of schedule.  The problem is the boom or bust lineup and the pen not being as lights out as expected. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You keep on with this.  I'm not sure I get it.  Despite a ridiculous amount of injuries the rotation seemed pretty good. Kluber and Taillon were solid enough.  Montgomery bounced back nicely. Nestor was pretty damn good and Gil seems ahead of schedule.  The problem is the boom or bust lineup and the pen not being as lights out as expected. 

The rotation overachieved this season.  It’s going to be exposed next season 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:23 AM, chirorob said:

Word is Boone is just a yes man for Cashman.   If Cashman is staying, it doesn't really matter who the manager is.

Exactly. Cash man is determined to run a rays/giants operation but it hasn’t been working despite overspending. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like Boone's penance to keep his job was letting Cashman ax 3 coaches, including 3rd base coach Phil Nevin, one of his closet friends in the game . The hitting coach supposedly wasn't a true believer in analytics. Bottom line, nothing has changed in Yankee land, and the same flawed strategy will continue. Would love to see Boone tell the Yankees "see ya."

Boone is not a leader and the players dont respond to him. Team has zero energy and accountability. Teams take on the personality of their managers. At best Boone can win a WS like Dave Roberts (the talent on the team carries them despite the managers short-comings).

The real problem is Cashman. He has to go. We can go on and on about his poorly constructed pitching staffs and 1 dimensional offenses the last 20 years. The fact that he's still the GM while the Red Sox have won, torn it down and won again about 4 times, with multiple GM's - tells you everything you need to know about Hal ---- HE DOESNT KNOW SPIT ABOUT BASEBALL.

I hope these dipsticks are watching the games on the couch together while the red sox win it all again for the fifth freakin time in the last 20 years. 

Done following this team until I see major changes. Done. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, section314 said:

Looks like Boone's penance to keep his job was letting Cashman ax 3 coaches, including 3rd base coach Phil Nevin, one of his closet friends in the game . The hitting coach supposedly wasn't a true believer in analytics. Bottom line, nothing has changed in Yankee land, and the same flawed strategy will continue. Would love to see Boone tell the Yankees "see ya."

Why would Boone do that? He knows no other team would hire him to be a manager. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 8:27 AM, Barton said:

Yankees fans need to ask themselves a few things:

Does Hal really care about winning a world series?

Why exactly are the Yankees on a budget, per Hal & Cashman?

The Mets and Dodgers are spending alottt more money than the Yankees......

Why do we accept this?

It doesn't bother me that much.  You have to remember, they have a ton of dough ear marked for Judge whose contract is right around the corner.  I'm not big on Boone (I never liked the hire to begin with).  As I've said before, spending money does not equate to championships...what was the Braves payroll?  Spending a boat load of money should put a competitive team on the field year in and year out...it will be interesting to see what the Rangers and Mets do with their inflated payroll.  Lastly, I've heard the one in the Yankee organization that pulls a lot of strings when it comes to signing big ticket FA's is Randy Levine. 

• 1 month later...

Yankees have been talking with the A's about trading a bunch of assets for 1st baseman Matt Olson, who while a good player, is a .270ish hitter.

Meanwhile, they could sign Freddie Freeman in free agency, give up zero assets, and he's a much better player than Olson.

This is why this team is stupid and likely going nowhere. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Yankees have been talking with the A's about trading a bunch of assets for 1st baseman Matt Olson, who while a good player, is a .270ish hitter.

Meanwhile, they could sign Freddie Freeman in free agency, give up zero assets, and he's a much better player than Olson.

This is why this team is stupid and likely going nowhere. 

I think most people around MLB really believe that Freeman isn't going anywhere, that he'll resign and retire a Brave. Yankees are probably acting on that assumption.

5 hours ago, section314 said:

I think most people around MLB really believe that Freeman isn't going anywhere, that he'll resign and retire a Brave. Yankees are probably acting on that assumption.

I doubt that. Yankees are just stupid, thats all. You can resign Rizzo for free, as well.

Reports also say the braves are looking at Olson. So not a slam dunk Freeman returns.

Cashman is the worst GM in all of baseball and its not even close. Has the most money to play with and he has a roster of .200 hitters, no real leadoff hitter, crap defense behind the plate and other than DJ (who should be batting 3rd) not one legit .300 hitter on the team to get on base for the meat of the order. This Idiot had tons of offers for Frazier and Sanchez and now will get nothing out of that. The Yankees are a 90-95 win team that can not compete in the playoffs and its been that way for 10+ years. Even if this team some how finds a way to win 100 games which is a huge stretch there is no way they can compete with the playoff teams in the AL . This team has no idea how to manufacturer a run when needed and if you can't do that in close games come playoff time you can't win a playoff series. Cashman only won at all because of the team Gene Michael built. In Cashmans current plan Derek Jeter would have never seen the field.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Cashman is the worst GM in all of baseball and its not even close. Has the most money to play with and he has a roster of .200 hitters, no real leadoff hitter, crap defense behind the plate and other than DJ (who should be batting 3rd) not one legit .300 hitter on the team to get on base for the meat of the order. This Idiot had tons of offers for Frazier and Sanchez and now will get nothing out of that. The Yankees are a 90-95 win team that can not compete in the playoffs and its been that way for 10+ years. Even if this team some how finds a way to win 100 games which is a huge stretch there is no way they can compete with the playoff teams in the AL . This team has no idea how to manufacturer a run when needed and if you can't do that in close games come playoff time you can't win a playoff series. Cashman only won at all because of the team Gene Michael built. In Cashmans current plan Derek Jeter would have never seen the field.

He's a terrible baseball man. Effing terrible. 

Cashman is too married to analytics. The young talent that he is wasting. Sanchez, Torres, Frazier, I'll even throw Deivi Garcia into that mix is sickening.

Everyone looking for launch angles, exit velo, hitting over the shift instead of against the shift. I swear I feel like I am watching a slo pitch softball team instead of a baseball team.

Frazier should have been a 35-40 double guy with 15 to 20 HR's, 80 rbi's and solid defense out in left field. Same with Torres, and Sanchez. Instead they continue to try and pull the ball no matter what, strikeout eleventy billion times and play shoddy defense.

What a waste

• Upvote 3

I promise you I am not watching any games this year if Gary Sanchez is on this team.

THE PITCHERS HATE THROWING TO HIM. HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CATCH PROPERLY OR BLOCK BALLS IN THE DIRT. HE CANT HIT EITHER.

WTF is this? He should have been cut loose 2 years ago.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:16 PM, Barton said:

I promise you I am not watching any games this year if Gary Sanchez is on this team.

THE PITCHERS HATE THROWING TO HIM. HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CATCH PROPERLY OR BLOCK BALLS IN THE DIRT. HE CANT HIT EITHER.

WTF is this? He should have been cut loose 2 years ago.

Personally I hope Sanchez is the Yankee opening day catcher ( if we have a MLB season) . Then again I am a Sox fan. lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...