2022 New York Yankees

2 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Cashman needs to go to Japan and talk Tanaka into coming back

You keep on with this.  I'm not sure I get it.  Despite a ridiculous amount of injuries the rotation seemed pretty good. Kluber and Taillon were solid enough.  Montgomery bounced back nicely. Nestor was pretty damn good and Gil seems ahead of schedule.  The problem is the boom or bust lineup and the pen not being as lights out as expected. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You keep on with this.  I'm not sure I get it.  Despite a ridiculous amount of injuries the rotation seemed pretty good. Kluber and Taillon were solid enough.  Montgomery bounced back nicely. Nestor was pretty damn good and Gil seems ahead of schedule.  The problem is the boom or bust lineup and the pen not being as lights out as expected. 

The rotation overachieved this season.  It’s going to be exposed next season 

23 hours ago, faba said:

ESPN reporting for you yankee fans that Hal leaning to keep Boone right now-thoughts?

Word is Boone is just a yes man for Cashman.   If Cashman is staying, it doesn't really matter who the manager is.

• Upvote 1
On 10/13/2021 at 8:23 AM, chirorob said:

Word is Boone is just a yes man for Cashman.   If Cashman is staying, it doesn't really matter who the manager is.

Exactly. Cash man is determined to run a rays/giants operation but it hasn’t been working despite overspending. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like Boone's penance to keep his job was letting Cashman ax 3 coaches, including 3rd base coach Phil Nevin, one of his closet friends in the game . The hitting coach supposedly wasn't a true believer in analytics. Bottom line, nothing has changed in Yankee land, and the same flawed strategy will continue. Would love to see Boone tell the Yankees "see ya."

Boone is not a leader and the players dont respond to him. Team has zero energy and accountability. Teams take on the personality of their managers. At best Boone can win a WS like Dave Roberts (the talent on the team carries them despite the managers short-comings).

The real problem is Cashman. He has to go. We can go on and on about his poorly constructed pitching staffs and 1 dimensional offenses the last 20 years. The fact that he's still the GM while the Red Sox have won, torn it down and won again about 4 times, with multiple GM's - tells you everything you need to know about Hal ---- HE DOESNT KNOW SPIT ABOUT BASEBALL.

I hope these dipsticks are watching the games on the couch together while the red sox win it all again for the fifth freakin time in the last 20 years. 

Done following this team until I see major changes. Done. 

• Post of the Week 1
On 10/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, section314 said:

Looks like Boone's penance to keep his job was letting Cashman ax 3 coaches, including 3rd base coach Phil Nevin, one of his closet friends in the game . The hitting coach supposedly wasn't a true believer in analytics. Bottom line, nothing has changed in Yankee land, and the same flawed strategy will continue. Would love to see Boone tell the Yankees "see ya."

Why would Boone do that? He knows no other team would hire him to be a manager. 

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Why would Boone do that? He knows no other team would hire him to be a manager. 

Michael Kay was saying last week that SD wanted him and he should take it cause its more laid back there.