At least Jamal Adams and Darnold both suck.

Jetsfan80

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

is anybody paying attention to Sam Darnold? 

2 of his wins were against 2 rookie QBs playing there 1st game. and a saints team who lost 8 coaches to covid. 

he couldnt beat a good Dallas team and i dont know if Phila is a good team but he lost there too.... with 3 INTs..

no we would not be 3-2 with Sam as our QB.

But I read a lot of “LOLZ Jets” recently because “Darnold” was thriving away from the Jets. You telling me those awesome analysts were wrong???

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Kinda like you and Sam Darnold when his number look good?

Jets have been awful since the 2016 season. Counting this current season the Jets are 24-61 since 2016. No franchise has been worse.

1730198720_Screenshot_20211010-184038_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b3bea8434a2e5fa7004ff081e8ab5d9f.jpg

Look at that list...The Jags are right behind the Jets, but notice the margin of "victory" is negative 8. The Jets margin is twice as bad as the Jags. 

So excuse the fans that aren't too happy when they see the replacements not playing as well as the guys Joe Douglas has traded or let go. That's not the same as taking pleasure in ex-Jets playing bad. It's frustration that's been building for a long time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The better debate is whether the Panthers would be 5-0 with a competent QB under center.  And the obvious answer is...yes.  

that why i root for him to continue to suck.

there can be no debate now or in the future that he had to go... that we had to draft a QB. sorry no Pitts or Chase were coming here.

its sucks when we lose and on a bye week. the haters will own this board for 2 weeks....

but at least Sam sucked again so we dont have to here that crap for at least another week.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, vic said:

The only thing I liked about Gase was how he scripted the plays inthe first drive. la Fleur should benefit from doing the same.
To me the coaches and the players seem out of synch. Ulbrich coached a real clunker today. La Fleur wasn’t much better. I’ve read some snarky remarks from Jets fans about Mac Jones and his dink and dunk style.
To me he looks so much more pro ready than Zach. As a Qb you can’t rely only on the wow plays. Zach is really bad at the bread and butter plays.
The o-line deserve credit and played well today. Why Mims isn’t playing more is hard to understand. I had hoped to see Creative play calling from La Fleur but he stubbornly relies on his system instead of the skills of his players. His tight ends don’t seem to have the necessary talent, but still he keeps trotting them out there over and over again.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

i was going to say the same thing about the scripted plays... only thing Gase did well. 

he is still on the payroll so maybe we could get him to fax it in. i dont want him anywhere near the players..lol

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets have been awful since the 2016 season. Counting this current season the Jets are 24-61 since the 2016. No franchise has been worse.

1730198720_Screenshot_20211010-184038_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b3bea8434a2e5fa7004ff081e8ab5d9f.jpg

Look at that list...The Jags are right behind the Jets, but notice the margin of "victory" is negative 8. The Jets margin is twice as bad as the Jags. 

So excuse the fans that aren't too happy when they see the replacements not playing as well as the guys Joe Douglas has traded or let go. That's not the same as taking pleasure in ex-Jets playing bad. It's frustration that's been building for a long time. 

We be leading the division if we kept Darnold 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But I read a lot of “LOLZ Jets” recently because “Darnold” was thriving away from the Jets. You telling me those awesome analysts were wrong???

thats because they listen to Bill Parcells.

you are who your record says you are...

no thats false. you got to consider who your opponents were. and if your still making the same bonehead mistakes......IN YOUR 4TH YEAR!!!!!!... 

• Upvote 1

This seems like a loser thread. Trying to rationalize how awful the JETs are by picking on players that the JETs  gave up on, and hoping they fail?  Pathetic. Last week you were all pumping your chest, now you are reaching for straws; take your lumps like men. 

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

This seems like a loser thread. Trying to rationalize how awful the JETs are by picking on players that the JETs  gave up on, and hoping they fail?  Pathetic. Last week you were all pumping your chest, now you are reaching for straws; take your lumps like men. 

I'm not rationalizing anything about the Jets.  We suck.  Just trying to have a little fun regarding 2 former Jets that also suck as it will otherwise be a cesspool on JN for the next 2 weeks.  

What "lumps" do I need to take, exactly?  I wasn't pumping my chest last week.  I predicted we'd lose to Atlanta.

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

Soooooo what do you think the Jets record would be with Darnold and Pitts?

• Haha 1

JD convinced ownership that a total rebuild was needed and I think he was wrong. His move were brazen but his drafts are really not looking very good and he decided that everyone should be a novice; the coaches from top to botttom, and the players, The results are what one would expect. In the end if it fails he should pay the price, isn't tht reasonable? 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

My posts focus on the ineptness and dysfunction of the Jets......I dont need to go to Jamal Adams or Sam Darnold to feel good. 

You know what would make me feel good? Jets wins

You mean calling for the GMs head is ok, calling Adams a failure isnt? 

Cute part its two players you had a crush on and wanted tl stay a part of the team 

Got it

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Another way to think about this is that Sam and Jamal are vectors of disease from the jets organization that have infected their new teams and the whole reason these teams suck now is because they caught Jetsy.

I believe theyre known as tumors

1 hour ago, usapaw said:

Better than 1-4. Does that matter to anyone? 

Not in this discussion, no.  We all know the Jets suck.  No one is suggesting that Adams and Darnold's suckitude should necessarily make anyone feel much better about the Jets.

And its not like things are exactly rosy for those other 2 teams we're talking about.  The Panthers are 3-2 but trending down, especially if McCaffrey misses any more time.  Meanwhile, the Seahawks are 2-3 and are properly f**ked for as long as Wilson is out, for a minimum of 4 weeks all the way up to shutting him down for the season, depending on how his recovery goes.

6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Another way to think about this is that Sam and Jamal are vectors of disease from the jets organization that have infected their new teams and the whole reason these teams suck now is because they caught Jetsy.

The lesson to learn is that no one should expect much of anything out of a player who was drafted by Mike Maccagnan.  

Worst GM in NFL history and its not close.  And no, no one should be coming back to me with the Matt Millen argument.  I can dismiss that one with a quickness if needed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The lesson to learn is that no one should expect much of anything out of a player who was drafted by Mike Maccagnan.  

Worst GM in NFL history and its not close.  And no, no one should be coming back to me with the Matt Millen argument.  I can dismiss that one with a quickness if needed.

Matt Millen says hi 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, usapaw said:

JD convinced ownership that a total rebuild was needed and I think he was wrong. His move were brazen but his drafts are really not looking very good and he decided that everyone should be a novice; the coaches from top to botttom, and the players, The results are what one would expect. In the end if it fails he should pay the price, isn't tht reasonable? 

that is reasonable. but who decides when the end is? he has a 6 year contract.

we dont need 6 years to evaluate JD. but we need more than 2 drafts which one has only played 5 games.

8 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Matt Millen says hi 

lol!  Fine, I'll play.  

No, he doesn't say "hi".  Matt Millen's draft picks included the following during his tenure in Detroit:

• Calvin Johnson
  • Dominic Raiola
  • Jeff Backus
  • Shaun Rogers
  • Cory Redding
  • Cliff Avril
  • Gosder Cherilus

Maccagnan drafted.....Quinnen Williams.  Yay!  And as bad as he was at drafting, the contracts he signed players to were even worse.

So unless any of Macc's players end up in the HOF like Calvin Johnson, or impacts the game for a long time in a positive way like the likes of Raiola or Backus, then Millen >>> Macc.  And that's sad.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Yea because draft picks always have been franchise changing for us 

If you can wait more than one season, Becton and Wilson just may do that.  Where your guy you just admitted does nothing for wins and wrongly said does nothing towards loosing.  Sucking in coverage actually causes defenses to play worse and costs them points which last time we checked contributes to loses 

1 hour ago, usapaw said:

JD convinced ownership that a total rebuild was needed and I think he was wrong. 

lmao what?  

What pieces on the roster that Douglas inherited was he supposed to build around instead of tearing down, exactly?  The DT's, the loudmouth, overrated and narcissistic Box Safety, and/or the sh*t-bag QB?  

• Upvote 2