New uniform combo for tomorrow night

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The more I think about it, the more I think they should embrace black.  And I was completely against adding it as a secondary color when they unveiled them.

The phrase “Jet Black” has nothing to do with Jet planes, but it’s still a phrase everyone knows.  

I'm leaning there too.

All Black at home and all white for the road. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Black shoes would've saved it more. 

The socks/stockings all have to be the same color, but players can wear different color shoes.  I think they just have to be one of the three primary colors, so for the Jets black, white or green.

Just watch any highlight from the games and you'll see some players wear white shoes, others wear black.

Here's a pic from last week showing players with different color shoes.

image.thumb.png.a0f366f5c27c276e681646f84bb8aa5f.png

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't think very many people wanted a "modern interpretation" especially and specifically of the logo.

We wanted (or at a minimum I wanted) the exact late 1970's->mid 1990's Logo.  The exact one, exactly as it was before.

The rest of the uniform, ok, we all likely had preferences, but they key to the 80's look was the logo.  And we didn't get it, we got (as you say) a "modern" version with none of what I liked about the old logo.

You're not wrong tho, this new uni is a (weak) attempt to mimic something 80's ish.  They simply went about it all wrong.

To be honest I think the new uniform is actually marginally better but the logo is just terrible. From what I have read from a popularity standpoint especially with younger fans they have been pretty successful.  I am not in the group that thinks the 60s or 80s uniforms were all that, to be honest they kinda suck but we like them because it is our team. These are certainly way better than the ones with that sweat patch. Having said all that the new uniforms do cry out "design by comittee" 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The more I think about it, the more I think they should embrace black.  And I was completely against adding it as a secondary color when they unveiled them.

The phrase “Jet Black” has nothing to do with Jet planes, but it’s still a phrase everyone knows.  

The “stealth black” look when u look at it is a very matte black — it looks like a very very dark charcoal gray 

• Upvote 2