Halfway point mega-poll

T0mShane

Halfway point mega-poll  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give Robert Saleh eight games in?

2. 2. What grade would you give GM Joe Douglas?

3. 3. If you could go back in time, would you still draft Zach Wilson at #2?

• Yes, I would do it again
    • No, I would go in a different direction
  4. 4. Most disappointing Jets player this season (other than Denzel Mims)?

5. 5. Who is the Jets’ first half MVP?

C, C, because they still suck.  No, because I was never a Zach guy. Zach, because all he has done is disappoint.  Lastly, Fant for MVP.  After all the whining here from idiots about how he was 'already quitting because LT is too hard" from a stupid misunderstood quote, he certainly has done well and made that line a lot better over the season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Origen said:

Fant for MVP.  After all the whining here from idiots about how he was 'already quitting because LT is too hard" from a stupid misunderstood quote, he certainly has done well and made that line a lot better over the season.

Totally agree. I honestly bashed him quite a bit at the start too (I think), and he has proven me wrong. I probably should have picked him for MVP, but I picked Hall because everybody expected the CBs to be trash and Hall has proven us wrong.

• Upvote 1

D - HC, team seems unprepared and uninspired in to many games and that is a bad look for a young tea that should be inspired by a HC that is essentially a cheerleader type... you know "AGNB" mantra.  

C-JD, because 2020 draft class maybe a bust (waiting on QW, Mims, ... 2021 looks better but next draft and FA he better nail it or the pitch forks will be out.

JW - no and I wouldn't have drafted him to begin with.  There are a lot of QB with good arms but fail to execute... until he becomes consistent and can execute the O, I am in the white camp.  

QW - w/o a doubt he is headed for bust territory 

GF - he steped in and has done a good job. 

imo most disappointing has to be wilson.  he's missed too many bunnies instead going to double coverages.  he's also thrown too many ints.  mike white and josh johnson didn't do him any favors by putting up points with essentially the same offense.

first half mvp?  i went with moseley mainly because i had some doubts about his attitude after taking the season off.  but hall or carter are also worthy.  and fant has done much better filling in for becton than expected.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, T0mShane said:

My overall mood with this team is general disgust and extreme disenchantment. The only happiness I’ve gleaned from this year was the brief window of Mike White greatness and watching Jamal Adams suck for a destabilizing Seahawks team. I was wondering how many people are still enjoying this iteration of the Jets, so I made a poll.

Btw, I missed this gem of an article somehow:

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article255439256.html

“I know what he’s going through, with that finger,” Adams said, chuckling. “I’m still going through it, obviously. I know exactly what he’s going through.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday was the first time Adams said he is still affected by his finger injury and surgery, 10 months after the operation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle coach Pete Carroll and defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. chose to blitz dime defensive back Ryan Neal instead on third downs. Neal had the only sack of Lawrence, and two of the three hits on him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

But it didn’t work for Adams’ statistics and efforts to affect quarterbacks. He continues to blitz at less than half the 10-plus times per game he blitzed in 2020. He set the NFL record for sacks by a defensive backs with 9 1/2 last year.

This season he has zero sacks, zero quarterback hits and two passes defensed in eight games.

“It’s been tough, obviously,” he said. “In life, there are a lot of tough things that you go through, you just have to figure it out. No one really cares. No one really gives a damn about my finger.

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

My overall mood with this team is general disgust and extreme disenchantment. The only happiness I’ve gleaned from this year was the brief window of Mike White greatness and watching Jamal Adams suck for a destabilizing Seahawks team. I was wondering how many people are still enjoying this iteration of the Jets, so I made a poll.

Reminder to make another one of these polls after week 8 (or 9).

• Sympathy 1

#5 MVP-  AVT

• 2 months later...