Are the Jets afraid of Mike White?

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure why you think JD hands arent involvdd. They are very close from Baltimore. JD was the area scout that told Ozzie to draft Flacco. 

Flacco getting a start gives him an audition or another team. 

I think this comes directly from Johnson.  Too worried about losing money and wants to win, even though there was suppose to be a 'commitment' to playing the young guys.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the video idea! My thoughts in a nut shell for those who don't want to watch:

- Zach not 100% healthy, otherwise he'd start

- Allow Wilson to come back on the road against a bad Texans team instead of a Phins team coming off 10 days rest and a hot performance over Baltimore

- Flacco starting to justify the 6th round pick

- Flacco starting to make sure we don't allow White to get hot and start a QB controversy

- I think if the Jets Brass were being honest with themselves, all these reasons factor into Flacco starting

• Post of the Week 1

Mike Whites not starting because he can’t throw a deep ball or stretch the field. The obsession is weird I don’t get it. Mike White had a good game because the Bengals sat in deep zones all game giving up the underneath. Does anyone here think we beat the Titans with White at QB? He’s immobile and cant really stretch the field which is how we pulled off a W against them. He’s a quality backup but Saleh and co desperately need a W and Flacco brings a better ability to stretch the field which is why he’s starting. It sucks, it’s boring, I don’t want to watch it but that’s why he’s starting. 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Thank you for the video idea! My thoughts in a nut shell for those who don't want to watch:

- Zach not 100% healthy, otherwise he'd start

- Allow Wilson to come back on the road against a bad Texans team instead of a Phins team coming off 10 days rest and a hot performance over Baltimore

- Flacco starting to justify the 6th round pick

- Flacco starting to make sure we don't allow White to get hot and start a QB controversy

- I think if the Jets Brass were being honest with themselves, all these reasons factor into Flacco starting

Stop stealing my posts!!  Post thief!

And yes I know.  That's the joke.

• Haha 2

Late to the party but... the OP's premise is preposterous..... at the same time with a team that has been as ridiculously mismanaged throughout  history as ours I can't say it's impossible.

Why anyone who be afraid of an asset they control increasing in value is beyond me.

There are good problems which need to be followed with  good decisions.

That being said I think White has proved to be a capable backup. I see no reason to write off Wilson but some of our brothers here are reactionary toddlers and have their 5 games in hot take.

• Upvote 3

It makes perfect sense to bench Wilson for this game and give him the full 4 weeks to heal from the knee injury. 

However,  part of me thinks they are afraid that MW will play well again. I think they were taken back by how much attention he received and didn’t want to give him another opportunity to supersede Wilson. 

With Flacco the Jets are covered. He’s not part of the future, and his career achievements allow them to sell the “gives us the best chance to win” mantra to the fan base. 
All that said it’s a really unfortunate decision by the organization. Mike White is loved by the fan base and the Jets locker room. He deserved another shot. Saleh said on Monday “he had one bad game and now everyone is going to toss him aside?” That’s exactly what the Jets did here. 

I think Douglas and Saleh are going to take a ton of heat for this and rightfully so. Also feel bad for Joe Flacco who is collateral damage in this disaster. 
W t f

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk