Tension boiling over with Urban Meyer and Jags

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There were a number of people here (I promise you I remember who you all are) that declared to me that Urban Meyer should have been our target, wouldn’t be the next HC because the Johnson’s were cheap, and we would rue the day that we lost out on the dynamite duo of Trevor and Meyer.

tumblr_l9nrruLSKG1qe0qyho1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Good thing Trevor Lawrence didnt stay in school and was drafted by such a well adjusted franchise like the experts wished for. Say what you want about our ups and downs this year but we are not as bad as the Jaguars. After only a few weeks into his rookie season, both  LaFluer and Zach look competent. Zach has shown more signs that he can be a NFL caliber QB than any of the rookies (excluding Mac Jones situation for everything mentioned at length). 

The JAGS deserve this. All that trash the media talked about us, F them. They're not professional, even going back to the Twitter war the owner had with Ngakoue. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Those people were clearly wrong. Glad we picked the next Brady/Beli duo. 

No idea if we did, nor was I implying that.  That said, the only people who didn’t see this coming with Meyer haven’t been paying attention to his entire coaching career.  This isn’t college.  Hiring a guy by throwing stupid money at him, who has ALWAYS dipped when the going got tough, ran some of the most toxic teams in football history, to “lead” a rebuild that was almost assuredly going to start off this way because of how bad the Jaguars were, and expecting it to end up being successful is such a head scratching thought process that it’s hard to believe that anyone felt differently.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not me. In fact, I give Saleh credit for recognizing he’s never won anything anywhere.

All that “convincing literal murderers to play for my high profile program, that my grandmother can recruit for, in order to win” has worked out very well for Urban when it came to playing with the big boys.

The shart stains Saleh left on chairs during defensive meetings in the NFL were bigger accomplishments than anything Urban Meyer has ever accomplished.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All that “convincing literal murderers to play for my high profile program, that my grandmother can recruit for, in order to win” has worked out very well for Urban when it came to playing with the big boys.

The shart stains Saleh left on chairs during defensive meetings in the NFL were bigger accomplishments than anything Urban Meyer has ever accomplished.

Urban Meyer is absolute filth and the fact that he once worked at the University of Florida bought him a first-class ticket straight to the bowels of hell, but come on now. Saleh fielded one top-10 scoring defense in his life, and that was the year the Niners offense was rushing for 150+ per game. In 2017, he was ranked 25th, in 2018, ranked 28th, 2019 8th, and then 2020 he was 18th. Comparing his resume to Urban is cray-balls.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1