Tension boiling over with Urban Meyer and Jags

6 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

He's familiar with navigating that structure when he's always got a massive talent advantage. I don't know if that necessarily required him to be as capable administratively as he has to be in the NFL where, again, the players can all play and the coaches can all coach. Anecdotally he doesn't have a great history of managing the people who manage the things.

Well, he did beat Alabama in the playoffs in 2014 with his 3rd string QB, Cardale Jones.  Then he blew out Oregon in the National Championship game.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its a scheme dependent on the front 4 getting pressure, and doesn’t have anything close to the horses it needs to make that happen at the moment.  

Ulbrich may well suck but that’s probably just window dressing to the problem.  We don’t have a Nick Bosa.  We have Quinnen Williams and a bunch of OK dudes on the front 4.

JetsFan. Understood that scheme is dependent on front four getting pressure on QB but that doesn’t absolve the issues with them not being able to stop the running game. Been 12 games now and The bearded idiot Ulbacher hasn’t done anything notable in fixing this glaring problem and that falls on him. Don’t know if it’s stubbornness or his inability to devise a game plan to stop the running game but either way he should be let go if he can’t figure it out cause doing something over and over week in week out that doesn’t work is the definition of insanity 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its a scheme dependent on the front 4 getting pressure, and doesn’t have anything close to the horses it needs to make that happen at the moment.  

Ulbrich may well suck but that’s probably just window dressing to the problem.  We don’t have a Nick Bosa.  We have Quinnen Williams and a bunch of OK dudes on the front 4.

This is why I want a minimum of 2 edge rushers in the draft and at least 1 in FA. We have to account for the fact that the best one will 100% get hurt here 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

JetsFan. Understood that scheme is dependent on front four getting pressure on QB but that doesn’t absolve the issues with them not being able to stop the running game. Been 12 games now and The bearded idiot Ulbacher hasn’t done anything notable in fixing this glaring problem and that falls on him. Don’t know if it’s stubbornness or his inability to devise a game plan to stop the running game but either way he should be let go if he can’t figure it out cause doing something over and over week in week out that doesn’t work is the definition of insanity 

Yes, the run defense shouldn’t be this bad 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Paul Brown, Jimmy Johnson Jim Harbaugh, and Kliff Kingsbury are the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Barry Switzer technically won a Super Bowl , but that loaded Cowboys' team was still on Jimmy Johnson's autopilot. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

By a lot 

Let it comfort you that Minshew truly believes from the handlebars of his moustache flowing up and over his head down the length of his mullet that he belongs in this league as a starter.

He was not going to be denied. Not by the likes of the Jets defense on their best day.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:03 PM, Green Ghost said:

He’s benching players who are making mistakes or playing poorly. He isn’t coaching the Packers or Chiefs, he’s coaching a team with as bad as the Jets.

You give me the choice of Saleh, with his “they are looking good in practice bs” or a guy making people feel uncomfortable with losing? I’ll take the latter all day every day.

How's it working for Urban?

He probably has more talent, thats what has been said here, has the top QB in the draft, has won fewer games, his generational QB is terrible and his players hate him and are complaining about him to the press.   For bonus points he made an ass out of himself grinding a woman in a bar.  

Say what you want about Saleh his players arent questioning him.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How's it working for Urban?

Say what you want about Saleh his players arent questioning him.  

You seem to want to make this a who sucks more thing between Meyer and Saleh, in hopes of making Saleh look mor competent.

Go take a look at the back page of the NY Post yesterday… that ship has sailed for Saleh, the Loserville stuff has begun here and won’t end unless the Jets start winning.

On the other hand, I could care less about Meyer. I’ve never liked him. In fact one of my favorite football memories in the last 10 years was my boy Baker planting the Sooner flag in the middle of the O after beating Ohio St.

My only point in this thread has been it’s ridiculous to try to ridicule the credentials Meyer brings to the table as a HC. He’s accomplished more than 99% of the HC’s in the country. What is fair to question are two things… how committed he is to this job at this time, and whether his health will allow him to be.

Anything else being talked about Meyer is nothing different than the Post embarrassing Judge and Saleh yesterday. The only thing debatable is which of these guys can possibly turn their teams around. IMO it’s Meyer, only because of his track record.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Saleh is more competent.  He has none of the issues Meyer has.  Neither has proven that they can be a successful NFL HC but Saleh has the respect of his players for whatever it’s worth.  
Meyers track record is of being able to beat teams with a team that has a lot more talent than he opposition 98% of the time.  With that comes a history of shady practices. 

I don’t want to say I disagree with you here, but I’m surprised at how confident you are in Saleh being more competent. I really haven’t seen anything from him this year that suggests he is, but your opinion is as valid as mine.

Same thing with you saying he has the respect of his players. How would you or I know that?
Lastly, although I agree with him being shady, you have to give Meyer credit for winning big at four different schools.

It’s not a given that these programs win in perpetuity. Florida has gone downhill since he left, but Coach Day has kept Ohio St. winning. There are plenty of big programs that have suffered when they’ve lost an iconic coach.

When all is said and done, I think both Meyer and Saleh end up getting fired before a 4th season. That’s not even a reflection on them, both organizations are so devoid of talent, I just can’t imagine either riding out the storm of rebuilds that are unlikely to succeed.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Saleh is more competent.  He has none of the issues Meyer has.  Neither has proven that they can be a successful NFL HC but Saleh has the respect of his players for whatever it’s worth.  
Meyers track record is of being able to beat teams with a team that has a lot more talent than he opposition 98% of the time.  With that comes a history of shady practices. 

Urban looks like a guy trying to get canned or is just an abject D-Bag (could be both).

Saleh is better. That's not all that impressive of a statement, though.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Urban looks like a guy trying to get canned or is just an abject D-Bag (could be both).

Saleh is better. That's not all that impressive of a statement, though.

That can also be a one-way if statement

if Urban is trying to get canned, then he is 100% an abject D-bag

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2021 at 1:41 AM, Hex said:

That can also be a one-way if statement

if Urban is trying to get canned, then he is 100% an abject D-bag

A fool and his money are soon parted. I'd bet even money on a "stepping down for personal reasons" announcement at end of season with a financial settlement behind the scenes.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t want to say I disagree with you here, but I’m surprised at how confident you are in Saleh being more competent. I really haven’t seen anything from him this year that suggests he is, but your opinion is as valid as mine.

Same thing with you saying he has the respect of his players. How would you or I know that?
Lastly, although I agree with him being shady, you have to give Meyer credit for winning big at four different schools.

It’s not a given that these programs win in perpetuity. Florida has gone downhill since he left, but Coach Day has kept Ohio St. winning. There are plenty of big programs that have suffered when they’ve lost an iconic coach.

When all is said and done, I think both Meyer and Saleh end up getting fired before a 4th season. That’s not even a reflection on them, both organizations are so devoid of talent, I just can’t imagine either riding out the storm of rebuilds that are unlikely to succeed.

Im not selling Saleh as much as I'm throwing Urban out.  He has lost his locker room and thats not a good thing.  He had to have his rookie QB explain to people what he was doing grinding some lady in a bar, a lady who wasnt his wife.  Hes had his QB question his use of his best RB etc.  We havent seen any of this with Saleh is why I said what I said about the two

Thats not even taking into account his history of running out on messy situations and the idea that he took the job for the money and nothing else, that his heart isnt totally into it

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not selling Saleh as much as I'm throwing Urban out.  He has lost his locker room and thats not a good thing.  He had to have his rookie QB explain to people what he was doing grinding some lady in a bar, a lady who wasnt his wife.  Hes had his QB question his use of his best RB etc.  We havent seen any of this with Saleh is why I said what I said about the two

Thats not even taking into account his history of running out on messy situations and the idea that he took the job for the money and nothing else, that his heart isnt totally into it

I don’t blame you for feeling the way you do. He’s pretty bad at being a decent human being.

Don’t confuse me thinking he’s a great football coach with me rooting for him. I think I’d like to see him fail as much as you.

• Upvote 1