Zach Wilson was AWESOME for the NYJ vs Tampa

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s just checking the box score. 

7 throw aways plus  a few drops and he’s his comp % and yardage  is much much higher.

But…you know…statz. 

Yikes. Disagree with my post so you think you know whether I watched the game or not? Meanwhile you didn’t even understand that I wasn’t complaining about his performance, merely refuting the “awesome” label. 

Let me guess, you provided the same reasoning for all of his other games with low completion percentage and yards? Probably reasoned away a few of his ints early on too? So really, Zach was awesome in ALL of his games!!!

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah seems like you do fine making up your own analysis. Won’t bother you again, my dearest apologies.

What did I make up there? The stats? The labels that were put on those performances? Dearest apologies that your boo who you lobbied for all offseason hasn’t lived up to his pre-draft hype.

Speaking of analyses btw, tell us again how amazing Dame really is and how all of his struggles can actually be attributed to everyone else and that he’s actually secretly the GOAT basketball player but that no one except you can see that.

41 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I'm someone who has watched them for decades.  Maybe you can help me out.

I'm trying to think of ANY Jet QB in their history who could hit that throw that Wilson made to Berrios on the clip above.

You know the one on a rope about an inch off the ground, inside an inch and a half Window, I can think of only one, his initials are Joe Namath.

Maybe other guys with cannons like Testeverde, O'Brien and Nagle....but it would take Many attempts, Nagle more than 100.

Looks like Wilson is going to be making throws like that kind of "regular like", almost every throw he made last Sunday against one of the top D's had serious juice behind it and most impressively virtually always he had NO ROOM FOR ERROR.....throwing to a group of receivers that no one would even confuse any of them as even being a "3".

You referenced Mike White's game without naming him.  He couldn't hit ANY of those throws.

It's going to be very exciting to be a Jet fan as you watch the game slow down more and more for their young Franchise QB.

As one recent podcast stated, the definition of a "Franchise QB" is a QB who makes EVERYONE around them better.

Wilson checked ALL the boxes on that definition last Sunday....Exciting.

Yes fantastic throw. No doubt. I’m old enough to remember when Sam Darnold made one of the greatest throws I’ve ever seen to Braxton last year. Flashes are nice to see, but it’s probably the last thing I’m going to care about when evaluating a top 3 draft pick. These guys are expected to flash, and Zach has always had insane arm talent so that was never in question. I want him to be able to consistently hit the easy throws, make the right decisions, and sustain drives by picking up first downs. Yesterday, 5 of his 9 total drives were 5 plays or less. He was fantastic on 2 drives (the second drive of the 1st half, and the first drive of the second half). When it mattered most, he was able to put a strong drive together, but it stalled in the red zone on a 4th and 2 QB sneak.

Again, it was nice to see improvement and it was definitely the best game he’s played so far, so it was nice to finally be excited for once, but I strongly disagree that “Zach Wilson was AWESOME for the NYJ vs Tampa“. He played a good game that they ended up losing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Dearest apologies that your boo who you lobbied for all offseason hasn’t lived up to his pre-draft hype.

He’s been progressing just fine if you ask me…and lots of other people lol.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

tell us again how amazing Dame really is and how all of his struggles can actually be attributed to everyone else

Dame struggled at the beginning of the season. 3.8 FTA as well. He’s gotten back right again. Blazers just don’t have a good roster right now. GM was awful and was fired at the start of the season. Working off the interim GM. Big mess. Whole thing needs to be blown up quite frankly.

5E82BCD7-C203-41F4-A021-89DB8DF6E747.jpeg

19 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

but I strongly disagree that “Zach Wilson was AWESOME for the NYJ vs Tampa“. He played a good game that they ended up losing. 

I agree with this tho but I think sometimes people are just lazier with their words than others. Maybe we’re just misunderstanding the context?

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Take a step back and think about what you're arguing before you make dumbass posts like this. I've been very candid about the games I've skipped because I can find better ways to spend my time. This game I had an interest in because it was against Brady, and I watched every minute. Yes, Zach played the best game of his career and finally looked somewhat competent, but he wasn't anywhere near awesome on a standard scale. Take the bar off the ground and demand more of our QB and our sh*tty franchise. Calling that performance "awesome" is a slap in the face to actual long time fans who have stuck with this team for decades. 

Hello sir. This is a thread about a guy (who is in fact a bucs fan) doing a film analysis of Wilson and calling it awesome based on what he saw. Not I, apparently lowering my standards to such pitiful levels that it insults fellow jet fans. Which is just dramatic in concept. I know you have your smart statz to list off and defend, but it really has nothing to do with the video this thread is based around. 

That was a real passionate post though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The titles of this guys videos are pure clickbait trash. 

Oh come on... the guy is highlighting some great plays.  It's not "was awesome at every facet of the game and will continue to do so forever". 

Your posts look like emotion driven trash! ;)

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's literally every highlight video he posts.

The last highlight of Zach he did was "MORE BABY STEPS".  Riveting clickbait if I do say so.

Take it easy, you don't grow on youtube making boring titles.  Literally every title is somewhat clickbait, because people who don't use catchy titles don't get clicks and never show up on our feeds.  Dude probably averages 10k clicks per video, he's hardly an evil giant media worthy of disdain.  Just relax, there is no "agenda" from his title.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Grandy said:

Hello sir. This is a thread about a guy (who is in fact a bucs fan) doing a film analysis of Wilson and calling it awesome based on what he saw. Not I, apparently lowering my standards to such pitiful levels that it insults fellow jet fans. Which is just dramatic in concept. I know you have your smart statz to list off and defend, but it really has nothing to do with the video this thread is based around. 

That was a real passionate post though. 

Just trying to live up to your expectations, sir.

Dramatic is when your response to a differing viewpoint is “he didn’t even watch the game or if he did, is too stupid to know what occurred”.

Dramatic is when you’re so upset with a differing viewpoint that you outright dismiss all stats (which by the way are just aggregated numerical representations of what occurs on the field) with a sarcastic “smart statz” comment rather than understanding that my original post was simply refuting the “awesome” label put on (finally) a good game.

1 hour ago, rtnelson said:

I dont think we a new thread.  Here is the aussie's take.  Just TOE TO TOE, no need to panic headline readers.

So he was merely "outstanding" and not "amazing" is what he's saying.

Can't beleive folks are arguing about which superlative is most appropriate.

The kid was damn good on Sunday.

Yeah, I like that.

Damn good.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This response and everything you cut out of my post says it all. I’ll thank you not to worry about whether or not I’ve watched games anymore when my posts hurt your feelings about Zach. 

I couldn't give a half baked crap whether you watch games or not.

And my feeling are my feelings.  I will advise you, however, that it is pretty hard to hurt my feelings as I am 95% scar tissue.  

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

So he was merely "outstanding" and not "amazing" is what he's saying.

Can't beleive folks are arguing about which superlative is most appropriate.

The kid was damn good on Sunday.

Yeah, I like that.

Damn good.  

Woah, easy there tiger! We don't need positive spin on a 56% passing day where our team was one play away from beating the defending super bowl champs!  What are we, some hopeful cheery fanbase or something?!

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Woah, easy there tiger! We don't need positive spin on a 56% passing day where our team was one play away from beating the defending super bowl champs!  What are we, some hopeful cheery fanbase or something?!

I didn't watch the game so 56% sounds pretty awful.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I didn't watch the game so 56% sounds pretty awful.

I don't watch any football at all, so I don't understand anything. I now see why I'm not allowed to have opinions since I don't watch any football!

Hey, since you two watch all of the Jets games, can you please explain to me just how damn good outstandingly awesome Zach has been all season? I ask because watching the boxscore is the only thing I know how to do, and his sunday performance is extremely in line with his season averages. Watching all of the boxscores, I'm seeing:

• only 1 game that anywhere near 64% completions
  • 3/4ths of his starts showing less than 60% completions
  • no games of 300 yards and only 1 even coming anywhere near 300 yards
  • more INTs than TDs on the entire season

Also, now that we've established that only you two are allowed to get in your feels about superlatives because again, I don't watch any football, I'm hoping that you could help me come up with superlatives to describe the other QBs and their performances in games. Should be interesting now that we have a baseline of "AWESOME" for Zach's sunday performance. Again, looking at my handy dandy smart statz for the season, Zach is ranked

• 32nd on completion%
  • 30th on adjusted yards per attempt
  • 30th on TD%
  • 27th on INT%
  • 32nd in wins for QBs with more than 3 starts

image.png

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Good to see we're taking a tempered approach. I'm trying to think of adjective he's NOT been called on JN this year....

Prurient? 

Perspicacious.  Having clear vision and good judgement.  Perspicaciousness is something I always look for in QBs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I don't watch any football at all, so I don't understand anything. I now see why I'm not allowed to have opinions since I don't watch any football!

Hey, since you two watch all of the Jets games, can you please explain to me just how damn good outstandingly awesome Zach has been all season? I ask because watching the boxscore is the only thing I know how to do, and his sunday performance is extremely in line with his season averages. Watching all of the boxscores, I'm seeing:

Also, now that we've established that only you two are allowed to get in your feels about superlatives because again, I don't watch any football, I'm hoping that you could help me come up with superlatives to describe the other QBs and their performances in games. Should be interesting now that we have a baseline of "AWESOME" for Zach's sunday performance. Again, looking at my handy dandy smart statz for the season, Zach is ranked

• 32nd on completion%
  • 30th on TD%
  • 27th on INT%

image.png

We've been over this time and time again.  And you continue to read us stats like they mean something right now.

We get it, statistically he hasn't had a great year.  But it's obvious that he's learning from his mistakes, improving in his understanding of the offense, the game is slowing down for him, and his confidence and decision making is vastly improved.

I think statistically his best game was the Titans, but if you actually watch the games you would know that while he made some awesome plays it doesn't hold a candle to the play he is putting on film at this stage of the year.

He's getting better, and that's a good thing.  Nobody is claiming anything other than progress is good.

The kid played like a pro on Sunday.  Period.

• Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

We've been over this time and time again.  And you continue to read us stats like they mean something right now.

We get it, statistically he hasn't had a great year.  But it's obvious that he's learning from his mistakes, improving in his understanding of the offense, the game is slowing down for him, and his confidence and decision making is vastly improved.

I think statistically his best game was the Titans, but if you actually watch the games you would know that while he made some awesome plays it doesn't hold a candle to the play he is putting on film at this stage of the year.

He's getting better, and that's a good thing.  Nobody is claiming anything other than progress is good.

Perfect Post!

You should just copy and paste this every time someone posts Zach's full season stats to define this season. :-)

• Upvote 1

Zach’s throwing laser parties these past couple of weeks. Idk how many times I’m on the couch like “damn what a throw!” 

I know many don’t like to hear this but Zach can make throws not many in the nfl can make and he can do it with the flick of a wrist literally! 

I love this kid and his limitless potential 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

• 32nd on completion%
  • 30th on TD%
  • 27th on INT%

image.png

You sound like a big pronoun person.

19 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

The kid played like a pro on Sunday.  Period.

I, for one, think he's been fabulous.

I hope that doesn't trigger folks debating appropriate superlatives.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rtnelson said:

I dont think we a new thread.  Here is the aussie's take.  Just TOE TO TOE, no need to panic headline readers.

The defense went “toe to toe” with Tom Brady. Zach Wilson put up 24 points, none in the final 25 minutes of game time, where he went 3 for 8.

• Haha 1

He’s playing much better than he was. Far from “awesome” but much better than the miserable performances we were getting pre injury. He’s now showing the ability to run an offense. Not skipping balls in the grass anymore but nothing spectacular either. Why is there always two extreme camps??

Joe Burrow played “awesome” it’s just a bad choice of word, IMO.