WFAN

On 1/24/2023 at 8:09 PM, football guy said:

Not a big sports radio guy but started listening to DiPietro & Rothenberg. Elite program

They too talk too much about food fitness and non sports. Half the time I think I’ve tuned into a lifestyle program. And Rithenberg  really monopolizes the air time. That RJ guy sounds worse than nails on a chalkboard. They should dump rithenberg into his spot and reunite Hahn and DiPietro. That was the best chemistry on the radio 

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why do you keep tuning in? Makes no sense.

I tune in pretty rarely and usually only for short trips.  I wanted to hear potential Rodgers breaking news so I didn't want to listen to a podcast.  Plus it's interesting to check in every once in a while.

• 4 months later...

The only show I remotely liked on WFAN (probably because they actually talked sports) was Tiki/Tierney.  Of course, WFAN broke that show up to pair Tiki with Evan Roberts.  Seems like an awful pairing but it'll definitely be an improvement over Carton/Roberts.  I still can't imagine that I'll listen to it though (well, beyond for very short time periods while in the car).

I think Sal Licata is being paired with Tierney now.  That's another horrible pairing.  Licata might've been the 2nd most annoying personality on WFAN next to Carton.

Both shows might be #1 though because NY sports radio is a joke (Michael Kay is the opposition). 

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The only show I remotely liked on WFAN (probably because they actually talked sports) was Tiki/Tierney.  Of course, WFAN broke that show up to pair Tiki with Evan Roberts.  Seems like an awful pairing but it'll definitely be an improvement over Carton/Roberts.  I still can't imagine that I'll listen to it though (well, beyond for very short time periods while in the car).

I think Sal Licata is being paired with Tierney now.  That's another horrible pairing.  Licata might've been the 2nd most annoying personality on WFAN next to Carton.

Both shows might be #1 though because NY sports radio is a joke (Michael Kay is the opposition). 

I caught Sal Licata's show on Wednesday, he was filling in solo for Evan and the now-gone Carton. Sal was really pumped up about the Jets being on Hard Knocks, and about the Jets in general 'cuz he's a huge Rodgers fan. I thought Sal --an Atlanta Falcons fan -- was a lot of fun.

If anyone wants a taste of what he's like, here's 25 minutes of the Wednesday show:

https://podbay.fm/p/wfan-on-demand/e/1689191019

BTW, a bunch of hostile Dolphins fans called in throughout the afternoon to trash the Jets, and Sal was letting them have it, I loved it!

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why does WFAN management continue to try to push Evan Roberts?  The guy knows nothing and was just a sidekick for Beningo.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Why does WFAN management continue to try to push Evan Roberts?  The guy knows nothing and was just a sidekick for Beningo.

I have no idea why!  I think he knows stuff about sports (nothing more than the average fan though) but that doesn't make him a good radio presence. 

• Upvote 1

I will continue to repeat myself on this subject. The paid media like WFAN, SNY and ESPN are so playing us Jets fans. Negative for cliche bait is all that it is. Shame on Bart Scott, Boomer, Greeny and others as well. Bunch of sellouts. Joe Beningo might be the worst because he WAS one of us before he whined his way to the sell out media. It got to the point where I just couldn't subject myself to being played for a fool anymore. Thank god for YouTube content makers like  @Blah! Blah! Blah! of Jets 24/7 @GREENBEAN, Matt O'Leary of Just Jets, Jeremy from Jets Chaos, Jets Media, Buffalo Jets fan, Jets X Factor, Tyson, Jets Nation and countless others who have a 1000X better grasp and straight forward agenda than the big business stations. 

• Post of the Week 3

34 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I will continue to repeat myself on this subject. The paid media like WFAN, SNY and ESPN are so playing us Jets fans. Negative for cliche bait is all that it is. Shame on Bart Scott, Boomer, Greeny and others as well. Bunch of sellouts. Joe Beningo might be the worst because he WAS one of us before he whined his way to the sell out media. It got to the point where I just couldn't subject myself to being played for a fool anymore. Thank god for YouTube content makers like  @Blah! Blah! Blah! of Jets 24/7 @GREENBEAN, Matt O'Leary of Just Jets, Jeremy from Jets Chaos, Jets Media, Buffalo Jets fan, Jets X Factor, Tyson, Jets Nation and countless others who have a 1000X better grasp and straight forward agenda than the big business stations. 

Those two tagged actually inspired me to do my own (I won’t shamelessly plug here without mod approval, lol.  It’s just a passion project).  They have great content.

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2022 at 9:19 AM, Matt39 said:

Carton is killing the station. The drive time guy wants to be morning zoo and his partner wants to talk Nets basketball or the Mets 5th starter. No one cares about either, especially during football season.

No one cares about either of those during their respective seasons either LOL

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Every tom , dick and harry has a podcast .

I would rather sift through or listen to every Tom, Dick, and Harry show, focused on what I want to listen to, on my own schedule, than ever be “forced” into listening to Joe Beningo, Michael Kay, Evan Roberts, Peter Rosenberg, Craig Carton, Boomer Esiason, talk about sports in shock jock fashion, or the WWE, pop culture, things not related to sports, etc., in a time slot, ever again.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 7/15/2023 at 2:47 PM, Copernicus said:

There are a few Jets podcasters that I am unfamiliar with. I’ll have to get the IP addresses from you! 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

To me, The Roberts- Barber show seems to be missing something. Robes LOVES  to hear himself talk, while Barber sits back and tries to sound professorial. Morash was thrown in to try and provide some humour now and then, a- la Carton. It just doesn’t mesh well but, it’s early.

I wonder what their ratings are like?

36 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

To me, The Roberts- Barber show seems to be missing something. Robes LOVES  to hear himself talk, while Barber sits back and tries to sound professorial. Morash was thrown in to try and provide some humour now and then, a- la Carton. It just doesn’t mesh well but, it’s early.

I wonder what their ratings are like?

I agree with Roberts about an NFL draft lottery. It would stop the constant idiotic tank talk by fans.

• 3 months later...