Thibs Talk Heating Up all over the place.

On 4/4/2022 at 8:56 AM, Augustiniak said:

That said, if he becomes another john Abraham I’d take that too.

Johnny Abe is an excellent KT comp 

The dude who gets 3 sacks before half in a meaningless non conference game but dissappears during the playoffs 

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Johnny Abe is an excellent KT comp 

The dude who gets 3 sacks before half in a meaningless non conference game but dissappears during the playoffs 

And yet Abe was a key reason why Herman Edwards made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years as Jets head coach before everything fell no apart in 2005

Most people here are too young to even remember 1 jet playoff appearance 

And yet Abe was a key reason why Herman Edwards made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years as Jets head coach before everything fell no apart in 2005

I'm in my 50s and dont remember any playoff berth or win that wasnt gifted to us w an easy schedule or teams resting.

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:
12 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I'm in my 50s and dont remember any playoff berth or win that wasnt gifted to us w an easy schedule or teams resting.

We got lucky during the Abe years no doubt but you still have to be good enough to be in a position that luck helps you get into the playoffs 

21 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

There's only one Vernon Gholston. He is the number one legend in the NFL Busts Hall of Fame.

Don. 
Gholston is definitely up there with the many first round busts the Jets have picked over the years. I can say Ron Faurot their second pick in the first round of 83 or 84 draft (Russell Carter was their first selection of that draft) was just as if not even more terrible than Gholston. Carl Barzilauskis also drafted #6 about 10 or so years before that is up there as well 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

There's only one Vernon Gholston. He is the number one legend in the NFL Busts Hall of Fame.

Meh. Gholston was the 6th pick , played 3 years. He was a DE the jets played at OLB.  He’s not even the worst Jets pick, D-Rob and Blair Thomas were bigger busts  

He literally isn’t even on the bust list 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/529369-the-50-biggest-nfl-draft-busts-of-all-time.amp.html

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Meh. Gholston was the 6th pick , played 3 years. He was a DE the jets played at OLB.  He’s not even the worst Jets pick, D-Rob and Blair Thomas were bigger busts  

He literally isn’t even on the bust list 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/529369-the-50-biggest-nfl-draft-busts-of-all-time.amp.html

Two excellent choices as well. Thomas had a good start to his career but When He fumbled at the goal line I think it was against the Bears that was the beginning of the end  and Robertson was just terrible from the get go 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CSNY said:

Don. 
Gholston is definitely up there with the many first round busts the Jets have picked over the years. I can say Ron Faurot their second pick in the first round of 83 or 84 draft (Russell Carter was their first selection of that draft) was just as if not even more terrible than Gholston. Carl Barzilauskis also drafted #6 about 10 or so years before that is up there as well 

Fair point. I just remember so vividly how the media kept calling Gholston the safe pick. The sure thing.

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

Fair point. I just remember so vividly how the media kept calling Gholston the safe pick. The sure thing.

I too thought that he was going to be a dominant force playing on Rex’s D. Just imagine if he did pan out how much better he would have made an already dam good defense but alas was not meant to be 

• Sympathy 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:13 AM, CSNY said:

I too thought that he was going to be a dominant force playing on Rex’s D. Just imagine if he did pan out how much better he would have made an already dam good defense but alas was not meant to be 

Agreed. I kept waiting for his breakout game.

No way were thomas or Drob bigger busts than gholston.

A pass rusher that gets zero sacks, limited tackles and is in the league for about 3 years.

Drob with his injuries got 16 sacks and a reasonable number of tackles in 6 years

Thomas had 620 and 728 rushing yard seasons.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:45 AM, Green Ghost said:

Breaking new!
I’m not “a football guy” but I could’ve told you this two months ago.

P.S. he gave you Zach the Wilson pick? Wow, this guy is really clued in. Nobody saw us taking him last year. ?

#water is wet

Water is actually not wet. Water makes other objects wet. 

• Haha 1