Thibs Talk Heating Up all over the place.

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think this thread is a shining example of draft fatigue and we are the point where we are over analyzing the pubic hairs on prospects.  This is why the draft has jumped the shark with hot takes galore, that literally make no sense.  

Agreed. I used to do mock off seasons, analyze video, etc. All very time consuming and all ultimately pointless because your team could give 2 sh!ts about the work you put into it (so many things that are worth your time). Additionally, the number of mock drafts being put out is nauseating.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Agreed. I used to do mock off seasons, analyze video, etc. All very time consuming and all ultimately pointless because your team could give 2 sh!ts about the work you put into it (so many things that are worth your time). Additionally, the number of mock drafts being put out is nauseating.

It’s also not fun to do mock offseasons for the Jets because they suck so hard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This right here I couldn’t agree more.  I used to live the draft buildup, draft discussion, etc.  I’m pretty meh on it anymore however because of this.  Everyone has an opinion, most are incredibly defensive about it, and most aren’t willing to admit they don’t really know. It’s become exhausting almost.

I’ll admit it.

I think for most/many of us, our preferred picks are 100% aspirational.

I want Wilson because he is offense, helps Zach not bust, and has a chance to be a McLaurin type. I have no idea if he actually will do all that. I hope so tho.

End of the day, most of what I advocate for is philosophical, football theory more than a single football player.

I think I know, but none of us really do, if the things we get all fired up about, FA’s, draft, all of it…would be right or wrong.

Some days we all need to remember that we’re all on the same team here. We’re all Jets fans. We all want the same outcome. What unites us should be more than what divides us here at JN.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100% but then it's thread like this, no different than Fields last year (and I was really hoping that it was QB talk driving all the silliness) but these tear downs of a kid just because he's not checking every little stupid box you created in your head that matters is what is nauseating to me.

Particularly, the brand sh*t with Thibs.  Legit, some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard for a knock down a prosect.  Everyone of these kids are thinking about brand, every single one of them.  You dont think Bama kids are thinking about the Bama "brand".  These kids are influenced by what logo they wear on their jersey Adidas vs Nike, etc.  Oh and hey this might be a news flash but they're getting paid for their brand now in college!!!  All these dudes, "have brands".  You're stupid not to.  Just look at TB12.   He created a "brand" to overtly cheat the NFL and nobody cares.  Justin Jefferson has created a dance crave.  Baker Mayfield is ******* terrible and I see him on the TV every 10 seconds.  

Honestly, you're just doing yourself a disservice if you're a high level prospect not thinking about how you can capitalize on your brand. 

**** sake, look at Deion Sanders on draft day:

Deion sanders drafted in 1989 - YouTube

I'm not accusing anyone on the board of this, but I sometimes wonder if these issues with KT have anything to do with people who tend to get upset over a young African American man expressing the opinions that he has.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, maury77 said:

I'm not accusing anyone on the board of this, but I sometimes wonder if these issues with KT have anything to do with people who tend to get upset over a young African American man expressing the opinions that he has.  

Eh. Pass rushers are always insane primadonnas, but they also have to be self-loathing psychopaths who want to play with broken fingers and shredded ankles. Von Miller is like this. I think the fear with Thibodeaux is that he’s using football to grab a paycheck/sneaker deal to fund his cryptocurrency and whatever else. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, maury77 said:

@Mogglez if this is directed at me, get over it. I've blocked you and the only reason I even saw this post is because someone quoted you. I disagree with your account of how things went down, but I'm not particularly interested in rehashing the topic. I haven't mentioned you since our "disagreement" and am indifferent if you want to share things on the board and if others want to read it (which is their right), but don't dreg up the past and then even fail to @ me. Move on as I have. 

Man I wish you would’ve end this with a “wooooo”

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. Pass rushers are always insane primadonnas, but they also have to be self-loathing psychopaths who want to play with broken fingers and shredded ankles. Von Miller is like this. I think the fear with Thibodeaux is that he’s using football to grab a paycheck/sneaker deal to fund his cryptocurrency and whatever else. 

That said, if he becomes another john Abraham I’d take that too.

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:02 AM, JiFapono said:

100% but then it's thread like this, no different than Fields last year (and I was really hoping that it was QB talk driving all the silliness) but these tear downs of a kid just because he's not checking every little stupid box you created in your head that matters is what is nauseating to me.

Particularly, the brand sh*t with Thibs.  Legit, some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard for a knock down a prosect.  Everyone of these kids are thinking about brand, every single one of them.  You dont think Bama kids are thinking about the Bama "brand".  These kids are influenced by what logo they wear on their jersey Adidas vs Nike, etc.  Oh and hey this might be a news flash but they're getting paid for their brand now in college!!!  All these dudes, "have brands".  You're stupid not to.  Just look at TB12.   He created a "brand" to overtly cheat the NFL and nobody cares.  Justin Jefferson has created a dance crave.  Baker Mayfield is ******* terrible and I see him on the TV every 10 seconds.  

Honestly, you're just doing yourself a disservice if you're a high level prospect not thinking about how you can capitalize on your brand. 

Could make the argument that Thibs is thinking more like an adult than if he'd just been a mindless bull with blinders on, only knowing, "Coach say run. Coach say hit." As long as it doesn't come along with a disregard for what the coaches want from him on the field - and if he's done that I'm not aware of it - then bfd.

Worst that may come of it is he may be more likely to hold out than others. We should be so lucky that he's great enough at terrorizing QBs to even try it. 

I'm not necessarily for him to be the pick - I just want them to look first to edge & wr but am not qualified to say which - but this seems like small potatoes to me. If he's not as good as his combine-ish numbers indicate, that's where the concern should be. I'll let that be determined by those more qualified than I am.

People have interests and things they value outside football, and it doesn't mean they therefore don't value football. I value my family and my career. It's hardly miraculous that I'm still able to do both -- as well as hobbies like JN, maintain my home, make financial planning and other personal finance decisions, see & speak with friends, etc.

The idea that a person can only do one thing, and other interests come at chipping away from thing one, is pretty tired thinking. Like if/when a player gets married and/or has kids - particularly a larger family - should that disqualify him from being on the team anymore? Because those jobs robs one of a lot more time/energy, and affect one's disposition far more, than some marketing plans that dry up fast if he's not producing on the field.

• Upvote 3

Feels like there‘s a strong correlation between Thibodeaux not crapping his pants at his Pro Day—>Articles stating that every team in the Top Ten has a “strong interest!” in Thibodeaux—->Eagles and Saints making their trade. IMO, if Thibodeaux doesn’t go top three, he’s falling to ten. Either he’s worth #1 or everyone is bluffing. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/4/2022 at 8:02 AM, JiFapono said:

He also said he doesn't want to play in a high tax state. So that's  a legit flag for the Jets.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

he idea that a person can only do one thing, and other interests come at chipping away from thing one, is pretty tired thinking. Like if/when a player gets married and/or has kids - particularly a larger family - should that disqualify him from being on the team anymore? Because those jobs robs one of a lot more time/energy, and affect one's disposition far more, than some marketing plans that dry up fast if he's not producing on the field.

Antonio Cromartie:

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, ZachEY said:

There it is!

I've heard a lot of dumb sh*t in my life time and every time, I'm like, is this the dumbest but I dont really have the patience to work the formula so I just say it an hope nobody picks up on it.  But, thankfully I have you and my wife to make sure that any time I do, I'm reminded.  The other thing she likes to rib me on is when I say something, "this might be the best or that person is the best ever at"...apparently I talk in absolutes?  Idk. I'm just me!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I've heard a lot of dumb sh*t in my life time and every time, I'm like, is this the dumbest but I dont really have the patience to work the formula so I just say it an hope nobody picks up on it.  But, thankfully I have you and my wife to make sure that any time I do, I'm reminded.  The other thing she likes to rib me on is when I say something, "this might be the best or that person is the best ever at"...apparently I talk in absolutes?  Idk. I'm just me!

Oh, I know.  She hates that.  We discussed it at our 2021 Q3 meeting.  Working on a solution there too.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, Cbucco19 said:

I literally come on here to look for @Mogglezand @football guy messages lol . 

Lol this was fun when Covid kept us holed up for the past 2 years. I’m actually busy now. I’ll post updates soon; Easter coming up so will have more time to dive in deep into draft.

I think Jets are torn over a number of EDGEs and how to rank them. I had heard that some high up in the organization were turned off by Thibs, while others admire his alpha personality. I still don’t think he will be the pick at #4, rather, more likely at #10. Then again there is speculation he can go #2 so ??‍♂️ 

• Upvote 4

On 4/6/2022 at 12:18 PM, long time suffering Jets f said:

Despite the bad press going around; personally I think it’s a smear campaign concocted by other teams so he slides to them, I’m taking him at 4 if he’s there.

Most of the bs is scouts saying Thibodeaux sounds immature in interviews 

I remember a couple years ago reports about Dalvin Cook showing up drunk to pre draft interviews.  This is all garbage 

On 4/4/2022 at 7:52 AM, maury77 said:

Do you think they give even 1 sh!t about it?

On 4/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, T0mShane said:

Feels like there‘s a strong correlation between Thibodeaux not crapping his pants at his Pro Day—>Articles stating that every team in the Top Ten has a “strong interest!” in Thibodeaux—->Eagles and Saints making their trade. IMO, if Thibodeaux doesn’t go top three, he’s falling to ten. Either he’s worth #1 or everyone is bluffing. 

Arrows are not the sign for correlations.

• Haha 1