Only one thing in the pre-draft interview with Joe Douglas caught my eye.

Alka

On 4/22/2022 at 1:37 PM, Jet Nut said:

Very interesting.   There may be a correlation that can be determined or partially attributed to genetics but right now you cant blame a GM for signing someone who has had an ACL injury and then a couple of years later has an Achilles injury.    As said this is interesting as a developing science.  

Let me correct you.  the GM signed someone who had an ACL injury, then a few years later had another ACL injury, then after he was signed by the Jets, had an Achilles injury.  Not one ACL injury, but 2 ACL injuries.  

I realize you would like to downplay it to back up your argument, but it was (2) two ACL injuries before we signed him, not one.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Let me correct you.  the GM signed someone who had an ACL injury, then a few years later had another ACL injury, then after he was signed by the Jets, had an Achilles injury.  Not one ACL injury, but 2 ACL injuries.  

I realize you would like to downplay it to back up your argument, but it was (2) two ACL injuries before we signed him, not one.

ACLs have nothing to do with Achilles’ tendons.  
‘You may want it to but having 2 or 3 or 4 ACLs don’t say his Achilles is going to rupture

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 5:28 PM, Alka said:

May the Jets draft Stingley,Jr.- I would bet that there is no chance of it.  The wide receiver Jamison Williams-  I tend to doubt it.  Drafting a offensive tackle with either the #4 or #10 pick, due to the uncertainty of Becton- I think it is a very real possibility.

I love to quote myself when I know I'm right.  Like I said before the draft, the Jets should have drafted an offensive tackle at #4 or #10 due to the uncertainty of Becton.  Damn am I smart!

• Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:51 PM, CanadaSteve said:

This is fair.  There was a risk in Becton's size, but he can't be blamed for the Lawson injury or any of the other ones.  

We have had a lot of injuries the past few years.  It might be time to look at turf issues.  

But you are right: I think players with weight issues or injury issues in college will be taken off our boards.  If you can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter if you are an all-pro.  

Lawson has a history of injuries. Most here agreed with the sentiment he was a

smarter signing then going after Hendrickson. The result TH had his second

in a row big season  an Bengals played in the Super Bowl

the jets have the 11th best OL in football (pff) last year and added a pro bowl guard. you were as wrong then as you are today.
also bumping your own hot takes is pretty lame.
They lost an important piece to that line in Moses. LT better have brung his big boy pants ... hes gonna need em.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drafting an OT at 4 or 10 this year would still have been dumb even in hindsight.

@slats

We'll have to see how that plays out. A CB at 4 better be able to shutdown the best WR he faces every game and not play one side but follow and shutdown their best WR all game.

CB illegal contact rules minimize their impact - especially this upcoming season with emphasis on illegal contact . Franchise LT is the 2nd most important position and taking one at 4 was the smart move. JD refusing to admit his mistake w/Becton and address the position was the dumb move.

Considering our OL situation, Becton, Moses gone, Fant in his last year, the dumb move was to ignore the position and go for CB.

LT, Edge or WR should have been taken before CB.

8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

We'll have to see how that plays out. A CB at 4 better be able to shutdown the best WR he faces every game and not play one side but follow and shutdown their best WR all game.

CB illegal contact rules minimize their impact - especially this upcoming season with emphasis on illegal contact . Franchise LT is the 2nd most important position and taking one at 4 was the smart move. JD refusing to admit his mistake w/Becton and address the position was the dumb move.

Considering our OL situation, Becton, Moses gone, Fant in his last year, the dumb move was to ignore the position and go for CB.

LT, Edge or WR should have been taken before CB.

What you exhibited in your post is called "common sense."  Something that is not really common.  The Jets could have still come away with a decent cornerback in the 2nd round if they wanted to.  Getting Icky at #4, and then our wide receiver at #10 would have been the way to go.  But everyone who was criticizing me when I first wrote this thread has doubled down on to put it lightly, "ignorance".

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2022 at 7:53 PM, Alka said:

I love to quote myself when I know I'm right.  Like I said before the draft, the Jets should have drafted an offensive tackle at #4 or #10 due to the uncertainty of Becton.  Damn am I smart!

And so very modest 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CSNY said:

And so very modest 

I'm sorry, but I'm just aggravated by what I thought was just common sense.  I don't remember if you were one of the fans ripping me for saying that Becton's health was a concern before the preseason, but I was ripped by many fans on this site for my blunt assessment of Becton.

Most fans did not agree with me for saying that we should draft Icky at #4, but if we did draft him, we would have both Icky at right tackle right now, and an additional $22M dollars that we just gave to a 37 year old Duane Brown.  Now, I realize that Brown should be ver good, but how about the next 10 years?  We could have solidified that spot for the future, and not need to draft another offensive tackle in the early rounds next year, and focus on other positions.  And, by having that extra $22M, we could have used that money to get a cornerback for this year.  There is a lot of moving parts to this equation, if only JD would have taken ICKY at #4.  

And please, I love Sauce, but that is just my view.

On 8/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, Alka said:

So why quote a post where you're wrong about everything then?

23 minutes ago, Alka said:

I'm sorry, but I'm just aggravated by what I thought was just common sense.  I don't remember if you were one of the fans ripping me for saying that Becton's health was a concern before the preseason, but I was ripped by many fans on this site for my blunt assessment of Becton.

Most fans did not agree with me for saying that we should draft Icky at #4, but if we did draft him, we would have both Icky at right tackle right now, and an additional $22M dollars that we just gave to a 37 year old Duane Brown.  Now, I realize that Brown should be ver good, but how about the next 10 years?  We could have solidified that spot for the future, and not need to draft another offensive tackle in the early rounds next year, and focus on other positions.  And, by having that extra $22M, we could have used that money to get a cornerback for this year.  There is a lot of moving parts to this equation, if only JD would have taken ICKY at #4.  

And please, I love Sauce, but that is just my view.

I also wanted to draft Icky as well for the same concerns you stated but Sauce is good as well.
I have stated many times in various threads we will have to see how it plays out. Hopefully Gardner doesn’t become Dee Milliner and Icky or Neal don’t turn out to be the second coming of Munoz 

15 hours ago, CSNY said:

I also wanted to draft Icky as well for the same concerns you stated but Sauce is good as well.
I have stated many times in various threads we will have to see how it plays out. Hopefully Gardner doesn’t become Dee Milliner and Icky or Neal don’t turn out to be the second coming of Munoz 

One thing I am confident of, and that is that Gardner will not become another Dee Milliner.  lol  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Alka said:

One thing I am confident of, and that is that Gardner will not become another Dee Milliner.  lol  

Well Alka all early indications look like Gardner will be a player but having watched and been a fan of the Jets since the Namath years I have been basically programmed when things are just starting to look the brightest and Jets are finally going to take that jump  to respectability to expect the worst Hopefully this year and the years to come under JD and Saleh that impending feeling of something is going to go horribly wrong will be exorcised That’s why I take the wait and see approach with all things Jets ?

23 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Well Alka all early indications look like Gardner will be a player but having watched and been a fan of the Jets since the Namath years I have been basically programmed when things are just starting to look the brightest and Jets are finally going to take that jump  to respectability to expect the worst Hopefully this year and the years to come under JD and Saleh that impending feeling of something is going to go horribly wrong will be exorcised That’s why I take the wait and see approach with all things Jets ?

I basically have no patience whatsoever.  This has both helped me in my life, as well as been my achilles heal in my life.