Jets fan since '68

4 hours ago, 1969 Jets said:

Assuming Edge at #4 and WR at #10, it's literally like we got Sauce thrown into to the deal as extra.

Unbelievable!

Exactly how I feel - I wanted Edge and WR in Round 1 (and Wilson was my preference based on what I read about him pre draft).

Getting both was going to be great (I honestly feared we were going to go OT at 4). Getting Sauce on top of that is amazing. Can't wait to see what Day 2 brings. :-) 

• Upvote 1

I’m cautious. 

I know full well that the Jets tend to do amazing things only for it to fall apart in a laughable fashion, it’s just what we do.

But JJ fell to us, and we somehow got three huge talents there with a high 2nd to come tomorrow.

Lets break the curse already.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 1969 Jets said:

All this history considered, for me this is the highlight since the Super Bowl. To get potentially the best corner, receiver and edge rusher in the first round, and the way JD and the staff did it, is so magnificently impressive. We finally have pros in charge.

I've been doing the Fanspeak draft for months and nothing came close to making this possible. Assuming Edge at #4 and WR at #10, it's literally like we got Sauce thrown into to the deal as extra.

Unbelievable!

I am going to just enjoy this as long as I can. And guess whose fault it is that I am and will always be a Jets fan?

I will admit it was not the draft I would have made BUT it is hard to find fault. It's a solid draft, including the trade up strategy. Got 3 terrific players!!!!  I wanted an Oline man BUT Sauce may be a generational player.  I feel snake bit with an OSU receiver (Thanks Mims) and was reading that Johnson had one big year at FSU (reminded me of Coples). BUT...   Those are the negatives I found on the net. In general, I have no complaints and JD has my support. Will NOT second guess him.  I second guessed the Becton pick.  This draft may be JD's best. I can't wait to see sauce's first pick 6!!!!, Wilson to Wilson 1st TD!!! and Johnson's 1st strip sack!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

I’m cautious. 

I know full well that the Jets tend to do amazing things only for it to fall apart in a laughable fashion, it’s just what we do.

But JJ fell to us, and we somehow got three huge talents there with a high 2nd to come tomorrow.

LMAO!! It's the joke... How do you sink a state of the art Polish naval ship???  Put it in the water. :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScouserJet said:

I’m cautious. 

Lol. Dude, I text my buddy this morning about it being a hell of a first round.

He answers, I'm not getting excited, it'll somehow fall apart.

We are some tortured souls. Lol

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 1969 Jets said:

All this history considered, for me this is the highlight since the Super Bowl. To get potentially the best corner, receiver and edge rusher in the first round, and the way JD and the staff did it, is so magnificently impressive. We finally have pros in charge.

I've been doing the Fanspeak draft for months and nothing came close to making this possible. Assuming Edge at #4 and WR at #10, it's literally like we got Sauce thrown into to the deal as extra.

Unbelievable!

I am going to just enjoy this as long as I can. And guess whose fault it is that I am and will always be a Jets fan?

Been a Jet fan since the '66 season, after watching Alabama games on TV with my Dad the year before.

I still think Abraham, Ellis, Becht and Pennington trumps this year.  Hopefully history will prove me wrong  :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 1969 Jets said:

All this history considered, for me this is the highlight since the Super Bowl.

Since you've been a Jets' fan for so long maybe you can finally give me closure on the 1985 season because I have some unanswered questions, if you still remember? I was only 9 years old at the time.

14 hours ago, 1969 Jets said:

Unbelievable!

FYI, I'm also a Jets fan since 1968.  Actually was at the AFC Championship game in 1969 at Shea between the Jets and Raiders.

Anyway, I've been saying for awhile now that Joe Douglas has been learning on the job, and now even before this draft, my feelings for him are sky-high.

Yes, he royally screwed up with his first draft, but I truly forgive him.  To me, everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone learns from their mistakes.  Joe Douglas learns from his mistakes, and I believe we now have one of the best GM's in all of the NFL.  I'm sure others may agree with me right now.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

FYI, I'm also a Jets fan since 1968.  Actually was at the AFC Championship game in 1969 at Shea between the Jets and Raiders.

Anyway, I've been saying for awhile now that Joe Douglas has been learning on the job, and now even before this draft, my feelings for him are sky-high.

Yes, he royally screwed up with his first draft, but I truly forgive him.  To me, everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone learns from their mistakes.  Joe Douglas learns from his mistakes, and I believe we now have one of the best GM's in all of the NFL.  I'm sure others may agree with me right now.

Hard for me to say he royally screwed up but mistakes were made. Remember also he worked that draft with Macs staff . That to me was his biggest mistake but he was hired and faced with the draft before he was truly able to build his own staff. Could be wrong about this but don’t think so.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, 1969 Jets said:

Unbelievable!

I hear yah and I’m excited bout the future as well.  It kinda sad to think that a draft or doing well in the draft is a highlight since the SB win.  What does that say about our franchise.  In any event upward and onward ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Hard for me to say he royally screwed up but mistakes were made. Remember also he worked that draft with Macs staff . That to me was his biggest mistake but he was hired and faced with the draft before he was truly able to build his own staff. Could be wrong about this but don’t think so.

I absolutely hated the trade down in round #2 to get Mims.  The Jets should have stayed put at the top of round #2, and got a better wide receiver.  JD tried to get "cute", and it cost the team.

Jabari is a "bust", and Becton needs to have a solid year to recover when he was drafted.  Our third round safety is purely a "backup" at this point, and the QB we got in the 4th round "flamed out".

Yes, I will say it again.  HD royally screwed up his first draft.