My direct message to Jets #1 troll Rich Cimini

I didn't watch the video.  What is the complaint about Cimini?  Was it something about him asking JD about his concern about signing all these guys 4 years from now?  If so, isn't that a good type of problem to have?  In other words, it would mean we'd have very good players?  I'm not at all concerned about Cimini.  I just want the Jets to win.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't watch the video.  What is the complaint about Cimini?  Was it something about him asking JD about his concern about signing all these guys 4 years from now?  If so, isn't that a good type of problem to have?  In other words, it would mean we'd have very good players?  I'm not at all concerned about Cimini.  I just want the Jets to win.

This video is addressing 30 years of lies and trolling Jets Nation to upset the fan base in order to get clicks and view. Jets success is anathema to him and a front to his relentless negativity. He wants the Jets to remain a laughing stock so he can continue his garbage. There is no use for him anymore and there are other much better alternatives out there on social media.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

It is such a dick question to ask.  If this players don't work out JD won't have to worry about that because he will not be here.   If these players reach just 75-80 of their potential this team is playoff team and possible legit superbowl contender.   I think JD will take that situation every time.  

Not only that but Cimini is clearly grasping at straws to try and spin this exciting time in Jets history. As this team gets better he's going look foolish every time he tries to spin it into something negative.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

It is such a dick question to ask.  If this players don't work out JD won't have to worry about that because he will not be here.   If these players reach just 75-80 of their potential this team is playoff team and possible legit superbowl contender.   I think JD will take that situation every time.  

Who cares though.  The only way it will have any importance at all is if people give it importance.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DoomProphet said:

This video is addressing 30 years of lies and trolling Jets Nation to upset the fan base in order to get clicks and view. Jets success is anathema to him and a front to his relentless negativity. He wants the Jets to remain a laughing stock so he can continue his garbage. There is no use for him anymore and there are other much better alternatives out there on social media.

All writers create angles to try to get clicks.  It's pretty much part of their job.

Cimini wants the Jets to be a laughingstock?  Why?  If the team wins, people will be thrilled to read articles about how well they're doing.

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's a scientifically determined map of the United States showing where people will click on articles about how well the Jets are doing (red) vs. people that will click on articles about how awful the Jets are (gray....and red).

image.png

When the Red Sox and Cubs finally broke their World Series droughts, was it an interesting story?  Of course it was.  

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just want to know if the bug crawling on the structure behind you was part of the cast. 

On a serious note, this sounded a lot like whining about nothing.  

Completely about nothing.  If people don't like Cimini then read/follow someone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Dude, that's not what Cimini is about. He knows that negativity and controversy sell and gets the clicks. He has never cared about the Jets succeeding during his entire career. He wants the Jets to be the "Same Old Jets" so he continues profiting off our misery.

I want the Jets to win as badly as you do, but to do that (which the Jets are currently doing) is to change the culture from within the organization that goes for the fans as well to believe that a championship is on the way. That's how you break a 53-year curse! You can't win championships if the players, fans,and yes even the media keep having that mentality that bad things are going to the Jets.

So clowns like Cimini and the rest of the beat who push negativity (especially during this time where there is no negativity) need to be exposed and I have no problem exposing them for what they truly are.

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's a scientifically determined map of the United States showing where people will click on articles about how well the Jets are doing (red) vs. people that will click on articles about how awful the Jets are (gray....and red).

image.png

That's not completely true. Yes, Jets fans are going to be the ones to click on his BS the most, but since he now works at ESPN he now has a national platform so other fans (especially fans from rival teams) from across the nation are going to read his garbage and try to pile on the Same Old Jets narrative that he continues to push.

5 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Dude, that's not what Cimini is about. He knows that negativity and controversy sell and gets the clicks. He has never cared about the Jets succeeding during his entire career. He wants the Jets to be the "Same Old Jets" so he continues profiting off our misery.

I want the Jets to win as badly as you do, but to do that (which the Jets are currently doing) is to change the culture from within the organization that goes for the fans as well to believe that a championship is on the way. That's how you break a 53-year curse! You can't win championships if the players, fans,and yes even the media keep having that mentality that bad things are going to the Jets.

So clowns like Cimini and the rest of the beat who push negativity (especially during this time where there is no negativity) need to be exposed and I have no problem exposing them for what they truly are.

He was trained my the people at the New York Daily News.  

You expected something different?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

That's not completely true. Yes, Jets fans are going to be the ones to click on his BS the most, but since he now works at ESPN he now has a national platform so other fans (especially fans from rival teams) from across the nation are going to read his garbage and try to pile on the Same Old Jets narrative that he continues to push.

I don't think you read what I wrote the way that I intended it to be interpreted.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was trained my the people at the New York Daily News.  

You expected something different?

Of course I don't expect anything different. I used to read his articles daily before YT and the internet when I lived in NYC.  Now in this age there are much better alternatives out there and I list them in the description of the video.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Who cares though.  The only way it will have any importance at all is if people give it importance.

Who said it's important? Relax dude... this is a message board, remember? 

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

image.png

Why isn't New Jersey in red?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All writers create angles to try to get clicks.  It's pretty much part of their job.

Cimini wants the Jets to be a laughingstock?  Why?  If the team wins, people will be thrilled to read articles about how well they're doing.

I think it just depends on the structure of how they are paid. Jets X factor  is a subscription based model so they are paid monthly by people for quality pieces. They don’t need clickbait bs because people are already paying for it. 

Guys like Hughes and cimini thrive on “becton is fat and lazy lolz” type of stuff 

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I think it just depends on the structure of how they are paid. Jets X factor  is a subscription based model so they are paid monthly by people for quality pieces. They don’t need clickbait bs because people are already paying for it. 

Guys like Hughes and cimini thrive on “becton is fat and lazy lolz” type of stuff 

Of course they do, those clickbait headlines are what gets attention for them.

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

I support this message. Cimini is trash. Oh @DoomProphet do one trashing Mike Greenberg the most annoying cry boy of the jets. 

LOL! The truth is the entire sports media needs to be trashed. Their format has gotten so bad it's to the point where is becomes another version of Jerry Springer.