Jets vs AFC North

We talk about the AFC being a powerhouse but, even though the Bengals went to the Super Bowl this year, it’s not like the AFCn is really representative of that power. Ravens are a matchup problem for the Jets, but it’ll be a good test out of the gate to see how they plan to scheme their newly installed pass defense to stop the run. Will Watson play week #2? That’s a major issue. Pittsburgh is always a tough place to win and I can’t recall the last time the Jets won there, but they look fairly ripe right now. And the Jets beat Cincy last year (<~cue the Mike White supremacists). 

Every team in the league is working out the kinks in the first month of the season. Two of those teams are starting new QBs, and neither is certain who that QB will be right now. As I said when the schedule came out, I’m just glad the Jets are working out their kinks against the AFCn rather than the AFCe. No matter how the games were going to be ordered, the Jets were always gonna have a tough time early just because of the number of new starters and major contributors this season, many of whom are rookies. I’m really not worried about their opponents, I just wanna see what the Jets do. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slats said:

We talk about the AFC being a powerhouse but, even though the Bengals went to the Super Bowl this year, it’s not like the AFCn is really representative of that power. Ravens are a matchup problem for the Jets, but it’ll be a good test out of the gate to see how they plan to scheme their newly installed pass defense to stop the run. Will Watson play week #2? That’s a major issue. Pittsburgh is always a tough place to win and I can’t recall the last time the Jets won there, but they look fairly ripe right now. And the Jets beat Cincy last year (<~cue the Mike White supremacists). 

Every team in the league is working out the kinks in the first month of the season. Two of those teams are starting new QBs, and neither is certain who that QB will be right now. As I said when the schedule came out, I’m just glad the Jets are working out their kinks against the AFCn rather than the AFCe. No matter how the games were going to be ordered, the Jets were always gonna have a tough time early just because of the number of new starters and major contributors this season, many of whom are rookies. I’m really not worried about their opponents, I just wanna see what the Jets do. 

Thank you Mike White, thank you, 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

What goes up too quickly comes back down even quicker. Bengals will come back to earth this year. Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Steelers.

The Bengals have the makings of a champion. They hit home runs with the QB and WR picks with Burrow,  Chase, and Higgins. Also I like what they did in this draft addressing the D, especially the secondary. This is not a one and done team. 

• Upvote 1

Browns could be without Watson and the Steelers have either a rookie or Trubisky starting at QB.

Winnable games although I'd have been more confident if we swapped the home/away games. None are easy but those are the two I think we can take.

I think the Ravens are a bad matchup. That's a game Zach will have to step up in.