Wright sez Geno is the guy

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Learning how to tell time and knowing the nuances of the different time zones would be a good start for Geno 

Rex is dumber for buying it. Putting aside that Geno would’ve been early not late to the meeting if he confused the time zones, when a reporter asked him what movie, all he could offer was a 1,000-yard stare. Obviously he came up with the movie excuse because he also needed to explain why he didn’t answer the phone. But he was too dumb to have a response ready for “Oh yeah? Which movie, Geno?” It’s like lying to your folks saying you crashed with a friend. Then when they ask “What friend?” you just freeze. Rex didn’t challenge his excuse at all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Rex is dumber for buying it. Putting aside that Geno would’ve been early not late to the meeting if he confused the time zones, when a reporter asked him what movie, all he could offer was a 1,000-yard stare. Obviously he came up with the movie excuse because he also needed to explain why he didn’t answer the phone. But he was too dumb to have a response ready for “Oh yeah? Which movie, Geno?” It’s like lying to your folks saying you crashed with a friend. Then when they ask “What friend?” you just freeze. Rex didn’t challenge his excuse at all.

We don’t know if Rex bought this lame excuse as we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. For all we know he could have lit him up but told the press the time zone story to protect Geno from answer questions from the media    as we all have come come to realize Smith was not the most mature or media savvy person in the world 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

We don’t know if Rex bought this lame excuse as we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. For all we know he could have lit him up but told the press the time zone story to protect Geno from answer questions from the media    as we all have come come to realize Smith was not the most mature or media savvy person in the world 

Can we ever really know anything @Hackenberg - Banned?

But we can come to reasonable conclusions based on the evidence. The fact that Geno didn’t have a ready-made response to “What movie did you see Geno?” means he was not asked this obvious question by the team. If that basic question was not asked, then he was not challenged on his excuse. Plus the “punishment” IIRC was he didn’t start but then came into the game on the second series. This is perhaps an appropriate punishment for an honest mistake, however it’s obvious to the most casual observer that he lied about his whereabouts unless there is some theater in San Diego that posts their movie start times in Eastern Standard.

If — as you suggest — that excuse was a cover story developed in consultation with the team — that’s even worse than buying a BS excuse without challenging it! Not only is the excuse nonsensical but they didn’t prepare him to answer “what theater? or “What movie?” type questions? How stupid could an organization be? They could’ve said he went for a walk on the beach to clear his head and his phone died. At least that would be a plausible (but still highly irresponsible) excuse that isn’t exposed as an obvious lie by (a) basic thinking and (b) asking one simple question. I’m going with Occam’s Razor here — the far, far more likely scenario is that he lied to Rex and Rex just swallowed it. This conclusion also has the added benefit of being consistent with what we know about Rex’s — shall we say — reluctance to hold his players accountable.

Let’s not even get into what it means for Geno as a teammate and supposed team leader if he was really seeing a movie alone on a business trip with over 50 colleagues. This was the stupidest lie ever told because if true, it’s so much worse than just saying “I overslept” or “I was hooking up with a groupie” (My personal theory. Geno was known to pre-arrange hook ups before road trips).

Two things regarding Geno that I am certain of — (1) he sucked, sucks, and will always suck and (2) he wasn’t at no fricking movie theater that day.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Jets never develop QBs.  They don't know how, just have no clue.

They have mishandled Wilson too. 

Luck got Clyde Christensen and Bruce Arians.  Mahomes got Andy Reid.  It's sad and tragic how Knapp passed, but then they replace him with Sanchez's ex-coach Matt Cavanaugh.  And iirc Rob Calabrese had never even been a QB coach prior to last season.  Then it becomes even more like musical chairs with John Beck added mid-season.

In camp, not even a pretense of a QB competition.  In season, Wilson sucks, gets injured, and immediately reinstated as starter despite MW, Flacco, and even Josh Johnson outshining him.

Say what you want about Mac Jones.  He clearly won the job in camp in NE.  They let him compete with Cam, and McCorkle earned it.  Belichick doesn't do anything just for show.  He just wants to win and doesn't care how that objective is reached.

This is wrong on so many levels, starting with the idea that Geno, Sanchez and who else weren’t developed?  Please don’t rattle off guys who never were drafted to start like Bolinger.  
Or how you know ZW isn’t being developed just because you have no idea about those helping him.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Actually if Genos watch was on east coast time and the meeting on west coast time he would have been late.

I doubt the CS believed him.  Genos not the brightest guy on the team, he may have just froze when questioned by the press.  It’s on Geno, no one else and wasn’t shocking given who it was

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually if Genos watch was on east coast time and the meeting on west coast time he would have been late.

I doubt the CS believed him.  Genos not the brightest guy on the team, he may have just froze when questioned by the press.  It’s on Geno, no one else and wasn’t shocking given who it was

Yeah he’s either a giant idiot or a giant liar — also a strong chance he is both. Can’t believe how many carried water for the bum until the bitter end.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah he’s either a giant idiot or a giant liar — also a strong chance he is both. Can’t believe how many carried water for the bum until the bitter end.

Given his history, I’m going with giant idiot.  Maybe both 

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:27 PM, hmhertz said:

“ He’s intellectual, you know, having those two-minute drills during practice throughout the week, the man can play. Just trust him, just trust Geno. 

I guess that punch to the jaw by Ik knocked some sense into Smith.  He went from a blithering moron to an intellectual. ??‍♂️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Given his history, I’m going with giant idiot.  Maybe both 

He is a literal mouth breather. I have never seen him with his mouth closed.

Well, except for when it was wired shut for a few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/1/2022 at 7:10 AM, jgb said:

As a Californian that sometimes needs to work with companies in other time zones, it can be quite easy to double correct or correct the wrong way. I have done it. It's easy to hate on Geno but it could have been a legitimate mistake. I have done it.

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

As a Californian that sometimes needs to work with companies in other time zones, it can be quite easy to double correct or correct the wrong way. I have done it. It's easy to hate on Geno but it could have been a legitimate mistake. I have done it.

All the other evidence — which I’ve laid out in meticulous detail — shows that it was not.

not a big fan of geno.  the whole getting punched in the face thing is just too much to overlook especially since it was over $1000 or so.  and he might've worked out if fitzy didn't have a career year.  he's gone and hopefully he's grown up and can get the job done for the sea hawks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not a big fan of geno.  the whole getting punched in the face thing is just too much to overlook especially since it was over $1000 or so.  and he might've worked out if fitzy didn't have a career year.  he's gone and hopefully he's grown up and can get the job done for the sea hawks.

Geno is the dbag version of Sam Darnold.

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

geno could really whip that ball.  too bad what's throwing the ball is connected to geno's head.

When I first read this I had an image of Geno throwing his own head and his body limp-tailing behind it as it sails through the air. And it made sense to me. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...