Zach's surgery is a success

thshadow

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless there is a setback, I dont see any scenario where Zach isn.t starting week 1.

Healthy by week 1, yes.  Ready to play after missing a ton of time in camp, unlikely. 

If he's out 3 weeks that puts him on the practice field around September 6th. Is that enough time to get ready for week 1? If this injury happened mid season, he could play on just a few days of practice, but he may need time to back up to speed with the offense.  

I hope I'm wrong. 

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Healthy by week 1, yes.  Ready to play after missing a ton of time in camp, unlikely. 

If he's out 3 weeks that puts him on the practice field around September 6th. Is that enough time to get ready for week 1? If this injury happened mid season, he could play on just a few days of practice, but he may need time to back up to speed with the offense.  

I hope I'm wrong. 

I tend to agree at this point.  Also, bowles and mccagnan need wilson to look good, so putting him out there vs the ravens where his mobility may be limited, and he could be quite rusty, isn’t in their best interests.  I think having Flacco out there opening day to steady all the young guys on offense is a good thing too.  And Flacco would approach that game as his next super bowl.  What a great revenge game for him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I hope I'm wrong. 

He's been practicing the entire off season and participated in over a month of camp. He needs to play...

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, johnnysd said:

You have no idea how fast Zach "processes". In fact LaFleur is on record stating that Zach processes too fast and absorbs too much info and they want him to process LESS. Which may have played into the clearly career ending INT Zach had in preseason.

So, Zach processes plays so fast that he completely missed the LB in the throwing lane of that INT?

That's a new one.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

The org has said time and time again that they want him to remain in the pocket. They want him to be a pocket passer. Unfortunately for some reason, no matter how many assets we spend on it, our Oline doesn't give Zack any time to sit in the pocket. Whenever he does... Well you know the rest. 

His first and only instinct is to flee the pocket.

Can’t succeed in the NFL that way.  

He has to learn to climb the pocket when space opens up like Manning, Brees, Rivers, Brady.

Also has to be quicker (and better) with his decision making.  

Guys like Matt Ryan and Brady tend get the ball out quick in part because they know they can’t run / escape the pocket.

Wilson thinks he can extend every play and wants to play hero ball instead of just doing the basics and keeping the offense on schedule.

• Sympathy 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 8:27 PM, Irktusk1957 said:

From what I've read here, Wilson Sucks, Flacco is too old, White is a "never was" (sorry), and Streveler is our only, not really, hope. So team results shouldn't vary at all whomever you start.

Basically, roll them all into one person and you would have a sh*tty, old, wanna be, who the f knows quarterback.

Wilson has the most potential of any of them this year.

Mike White is a "never was" HOF'er?

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 1