Zach's surgery is a success

thshadow

12 minutes ago, Coquito said:

The Jets have the leverage to get Jimmy G. 

Get him.

They can't Coq, it would be an admission that they too understand that this kid pretty much sucks and they screwed up by wasting another high pick on another 1st round bust QB

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

This isn't an electric football game where you hit the switch and hope something good happens. Wouldn't at least 26 of those guys play the same regardless of who's behind center.

I used to enjoy your posts.

Are you saying that QB play doesn’t impact the way the rest of the team goes about their business?

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

They can't Coq, it would be an admission that they too understand that this kid pretty much sucks and they screwed up by wasting another high pick on another 1st round bust QB

The knock-on Jimmy G is he wins regular season games but chokes in the playoffs. STOP--- 

HE WINS REGULAR SEASON GAMES. HE GETS HIS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS.

This is my prediction on August 16, 2022, some team is going to win a SB with that guy. Might even be the 49ers. 

12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know I really hate to be like this but I just don't think that Zach Wilson will ever amount to anything. I wish he would, I want him to be a franchise QB but I just don't see it in him. Everybody is all over Twitter saying "this is great news for the Jets Wilson will be back in 4 weeks HOORAY!" , for me I'm like Whoop-ti-do, I have more faith in Joe Flacco or Mike White, hell, I wish we never gave Teddy Bridgewater away for nothing? And nobody can accuse me of being some "hater Jets fan" I've been a fan since Night Stalker and my brother were fighting Charlie in the Jungles.

I think I gave it a 30% chance that he would be ok, then the camp reports were troubling and he was cut-worthy after that preseason outing. Now I’d estimate 15% chance he become Taylor Heinecke.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Flacco is showing in practice how effective this offense is when you have the right weapons.  A guy like Flacco, Jimmy G, Cousins and first contract Goff can look good.   Even Mike White.  But Wilson can’t, and he is getting hurt just moving around.  

it does not look good,  but he will get 3 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

With the way the 2023 draft is shaping up, the teams that actually could use Jimmy G don't want him.  They want to lose games and draft Stroud, Young, or maybe one of the other guys who lights it up.  Nobody wants to trade for Jimmy G, win 7 games, and draft in the #10-15 range.

His only path to playing this year is if there is an injury on a team with real playoff aspirations (even if they are misguided) and a crappy backup QB situation.  There are definitely a few of those out there.  Raiders, Rams and Vikings come to mind.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if they really, really, really like the way the 52 other guys on the team look when the “vet fill-in” is playing QB?

37 is the new 27.

Just give Joe Flacco whatever the **** Paul Rudd takes, and we got the makings of a ten year dynasty. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think I gave it a 30% chance that he would be ok, then the camp reports were troubling and he was cut-worthy after that preseason outing. Now I’d estimate 15% chance he become Taylor Heinecke.

Eh, the camp reports on Wilson were mostly good from what I read. Think that's your confirmation bias speaking.

Definitely trash in that one game, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are you saying that QB play doesn’t impact the way the rest of the team goes about their business?

From what I've read here, Wilson Sucks, Flacco is too old, White is a "never was" (sorry), and Streveler is our only, not really, hope. So team results shouldn't vary at all whomever you start.

Basically, roll them all into one person and you would have a sh*tty, old, wanna be, who the f knows quarterback.

Wilson has the most potential of any of them this year.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is fair.

Although I hope it's wrong in that if ZW fails I would very much like to keep JD.  At worst he's competent, and that's far better than we've had in a long time.

Saleh, I have no objective opinion yet.

Zach or no Zach, this is a big year for Saleh.  He has to start showing he belongs here...

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Some of the same people complaining about Wilson being injury prone are the same ones wanting 

Jimmy “part time” Garrapolo

And screaming that the 49ers might win a Super Bowl with him, lmfao.  The same 49ers that have him listed 4th on their depth chart because they know and Jimmy knows he won’t play a single snap for them this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

No just saying Flacco, no matter how good he plays in his 1 or possibly 2 games is a dead end.  This year was all about getting better and ZW getting better.  He won’t get better without playing.  Plus who’s to say if Flacco was to play well that ZW wouldn’t have played at least as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

August 16, 2022.

Posters on Jetnation.com have officially labeled Zach a bust. There’s simply not enough “tape” to render such a decision. Today’s medical news was positive yet you wouldn’t know it by reading what all the QB gurus are saying around here.

kill me.

Actually, watching Flacco as starter might do it anyway.

Flacco folks, Flacco!

Zach can’t get healthy soon enough.

This is his team, sink or swim.

These are mostly the same people who up in arms calling the Jets a clown show for allowing the consensus pick here for HC Saleh to sit on the offer and now are calling for his head.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is fair.

Although I hope it's wrong in that if ZW fails I would very much like to keep JD.  At worst he's competent, and that's far better than we've had in a long time.

Saleh, I have no objective opinion yet.

I agree. JD has shown competence. QB is the hardest position to scout. It shouldn’t be a litmus test. Ozzie Newsome whiffed on several. Judge on full body of work.

BUT I’d like to see him (if our QB busts) to try multiple paths in parallel: draft/trade/FA.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

From what I've read here, Wilson Sucks, Flacco is too old, White is a "never was" (sorry), and Streveler is our only, not really, hope. So team results shouldn't vary at all whomever you start.

Basically, roll them all into one person and you would have a sh*tty, old, wanna be, who the f knows quarterback.

Wilson has the most potential of any of them this year.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No just saying Flacco, no matter how good he plays in his 1 or possibly games is a dead end.  This year was all about getting better and ZW getting better.  He won’t get better without playing.  Plus who’s to say if Flacco was to play well that ZW wouldn’t have played at least as well.

Right, so, I’m clearly not a fan of Flacco, nor do I want to see Flacco start 17 games. The hypothetical was that Flacco plays steady, solid football for the next six weeks, gets the ball into the hands of the young playmakers, and the offense is efficient with a few deep balls mixed into it. Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore are putting up numbers, and the OL looks competent because Flacco isn’t holding onto the ball trying to scramble. Basically, it’s running as designed—not setting the league on fire, but the chains move, the defense isn’t overly compromised, and everything appears to be more coherent. 

On the flip side, Wilson has upside that, really, is basically folklore at this point, and his mobility is probably compromised for a good spell even if he’s declared healthy enough to play. 

If Saleh and LaFleur think Flacco can be a Honda Civic for 17 games, maybe they prefer that to trying to build a Porsche in their garage out of pieces that don’t yet appear to fit together. 

And what if someone would send you a bunch of picks for that as-yet unbuilt Porsche kit? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I agree. JD has shown competence. QB is the hardest position to scout. It shouldn’t be a litmus test. Ozzie Newsome whiffed on several. Judge on full body of work.

BUT I’d like to see him (if our QB busts) to try multiple paths in parallel: draft/trade/FA.

I don’t think, for Douglas, it’s as simple as saying, “whoops, I whiffed on Zach!” because he’s likely, at the end of this season, losing the bulk of his 2020 draft class, and Zach Wilson, and he’ll be in year four having never been a part of a non-embarrassing record. And if Zach fails, what do you do with Saleh and LaFleur? Hard to keep one or both in the scenario where the team wins 3-5 games again. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think, for Douglas, it’s as simple as saying, “whoops, I whiffed on Zach!” because he’s likely, at the end of this season, losing the bulk of his 2020 draft class, and Zach Wilson, and he’ll be in year four having never been a part of a non-embarrassing record. And if Zach fails, what do you do with Saleh and LaFleur? Hard to keep one or both in the scenario where the team wins 3-5 games again. 

Oh the case can be made against him; just saying it shouldn’t be just about the QB.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

I was, in part, though not in part about the Jets' medical staff. If all he had was a torn meniscus, there was no point to flying cross country to do such surgery. Appears though based of Adam Schecter's tweet of yesterday, there was concern there may have been more of an injury. No matter; there are plenty of great and elite orthopedic surgeons not affiliated with the Jets' medical staff in and near NYC  who would have been as good as the Dodgers/Rams doctor. He could have instead also taken an hour's flight to Boston, same thing. There are in fact so many on the East Coast that getting a 2nd opinion from such a doctor would have been easy too. Stand by the point that flying cross country to do such a surgery was in fact silly. 

I hear ya but of all the anti arguments, this one didn’t carry water for me, personally.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Right, so, I’m clearly not a fan of Flacco, nor do I want to see Flacco start 17 games. The hypothetical was that Flacco plays steady, solid football for the next six weeks, gets the ball into the hands of the young playmakers, and the offense is efficient with a few deep balls mixed into it. Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore are putting up numbers, and the OL looks competent because Flacco isn’t holding onto the ball trying to scramble. Basically, it’s running as designed—not setting the league on fire, but the chains move, the defense isn’t overly compromised, and everything appears to be more coherent. 

On the flip side, Wilson has upside that, really, is basically folklore at this point, and his mobility is probably compromised for a good spell even if he’s declared healthy enough to play. 

If Saleh and LaFleur think Flacco can be a Honda Civic for 17 games, maybe they prefer that to trying to build a Porsche in their garage out of pieces that don’t yet appear to fit together. 

And what if someone would send you a bunch of picks for that as-yet unbuilt Porsche kit? 

Haters Reaction GIF by Jamie Kennedy

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Some of the same people complaining about Wilson being injury prone are the same ones wanting 

Jimmy “part time” Garrapolo

Hey, in my defense, I don't pay attention to any team not named "the New York Jets", and don't know of any player who may possibly be available other than Jimmy G.

But, fair point.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Curious.  If the QB can’t play in the NFL why are we firing a HC who had a QB who couldn’t play in his 2 seasons?  Of course given his TO’s, clock mgt, punting vs going for it, etc are solid.  Then you’re firing because he hasn’t had a NFL QB?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Curious.  If the QB can’t play in the NFL why are we firing a HC who had a QB who couldn’t play in his 2 seasons?  Of course if his TO’s, clock mgt, punting vs going for it, etc are solid.  Then you’re firing because he hasn’t had a NFL QB?  

In the scenario where he’s disallowed or simply disinclined to bench Zach ***if***Zach isn’t producing, and the team finishes with six wins or less, he likely takes the hit for mishandling the QB situation. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

In the scenario where he’s disallowed or simply disinclined to bench Zach ***if***Zach isn’t producing, and the team finishes with six wins or less, he likely takes the hit for mishandling the QB situation. 

Hard to blame the HC for mishandling the QB situation when everyone from the FO to the media also has Flacco as the fill in for ZW while he’s injured not as a competition.   People want to know what ZW is and he has to play to find out.  

3 hours ago, varjet said:

Flacco is showing in practice how effective this offense is when you have the right weapons.  A guy like Flacco, Jimmy G, Cousins and first contract Goff can look good.   Even Mike White.  But Wilson can’t, and he is getting hurt just moving around.  

it does not look good,  but he will get 3 years. 

The first two practices this week with Flacco as starter, and the offense was abysmal. Today he had a good practice, now everybody wants to anoint a QB controversy. Nevermind that, they haven't been in pads all week to save themselves for the Atlanta practices, so OL and DL haven't been able to go full throttle.

Zach, the last week in practice was starting to come on and show consistency...

It's camp, the overreacting is ridiculous!