Flacco Suggests Jets Offense had Lack of Urgency in Season Opener

JetNation

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

**** you Joe Flacco.  God I hate this dickwad.  You're a 27 year old veteran getting a chance to start vs. your old team and the player that took your job, you're supposedly a leader?  Why dont you bring some energy, you freaking corpse.  

I think what he’s really saying is, it’s not all his fault.  It’s always easy to blame the qb.  By saying the offense lacked urgency, that’s a kind way of spreading the blame to the coaches.  But it also deflects blame from him.  

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think what he’s really saying is, it’s not all his fault.  It’s always easy to blame the qb.  By saying the offense lacked urgency, that’s a kind way of spreading the blame to the coaches.  But it also deflects blame from him.  

meh, the QB is the leader of the offense, he's been in the league for 107 years, if you notice the offense was lacking energy, do something about it but that's not Joe, he's the definition of low energy.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

Joe Flacco

This isn’t great news for Robert Saleh.  The head coach whose mantra since arriving at 1 Jets drive has been “all gas, no brake” may have just suffered a blowout.  No, not the one the Jets experienced at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, but a quote from his starting quarterback.

While addressing the media, Flacco made a comment to kick things off that he’s almost certain to back away from or call a miscommunication.

“We would get right around mid-field on a couple of drives and we should have had some energy going behind us and we kind of just” (Flacco then switches to a lazy “I don’t want to clean my room” teenager voice) ‘Oh yeah, let’s go…let’s go after the ball’ and then we just never turned the corner and got going”

Flacco was also honest about his own play, saying there were plays on which he could have checked down and “picked up a short gain”.  Instead, the Jets saw Flacco hold on to the football far too long time and again, leading to sacks, hits and pressures.

Flacco’s poor play aside, it’s his suggestion that his teammates lacked urgency during a season opener at home (on the anniversary of 9/11, no less) that should have Jets fans raising a collective eyebrow.

The post Flacco Suggests Jets Offense had Lack of Urgency in Season Opener appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

all the flacco supporters have to face the reality that he sucks, but all the saleh supporters (myself) have to admit he sucks.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

**** you Joe Flacco.  God I hate this dickwad.  You're a 27 year old veteran getting a chance to start vs. your old team and the player that took your job, you're supposedly a leader?  Why dont you bring some energy, you freaking corpse.  

Who doesn't love Weekend at Bernie's?

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The sense of urgency needs to be ramped up to Defcon 5 right now.  Starting this Sunday, we need to use every trick in the book to get a win.  Trick plays, going for it on 4th etc etc etc.  Its do or die time now as if we are not careful, we will be 0-3 before Zach even comes back.

I hope it's more Defcon 1 than 5.

The D was fired up. I'm not putting this on any coaches, I'm putting this one directly on the offensive players. No one gave them the spark they needed. Berrios did it a bunch last year but fair caught most of his stuff just like early last year. Who made plays? I'm surprised they didn't call any trick plays, which bailed us out a few times last year and got the momentum going.

Don’t be mad at Flacco. He is who he is at this point. The blame should be directed at the one who signed him, Douglas, and the one who played him, Saleh. 

In the post game press conference, Flacco is basically begging to not start next week. If Flacco starts next week, Saleh is even more clueless than he seems.  And he seems pretty damn clueless pretty much all the time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Listened to the Zack Rosenblatt (Athletic) pod earlier. He was covering the Giants the past few years, and he made an interesting comparison between the way Saleh talks about his team and the way Joe Judge talked about the Giants—always about fixing this mistake or that mistake, but (in Judge’s case) never actually fixing those mistakes. 

16 hours ago, JetNation said:

Joe Flacco

This isn’t great news for Robert Saleh.  The head coach whose mantra since arriving at 1 Jets drive has been “all gas, no brake” may have just suffered a blowout.  No, not the one the Jets experienced at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, but a quote from his starting quarterback.

While addressing the media, Flacco made a comment to kick things off that he’s almost certain to back away from or call a miscommunication.

“We would get right around mid-field on a couple of drives and we should have had some energy going behind us and we kind of just” (Flacco then switches to a lazy “I don’t want to clean my room” teenager voice) ‘Oh yeah, let’s go…let’s go after the ball’ and then we just never turned the corner and got going”

Flacco was also honest about his own play, saying there were plays on which he could have checked down and “picked up a short gain”.  Instead, the Jets saw Flacco hold on to the football far too long time and again, leading to sacks, hits and pressures.

Flacco’s poor play aside, it’s his suggestion that his teammates lacked urgency during a season opener at home (on the anniversary of 9/11, no less) that should have Jets fans raising a collective eyebrow.

The post Flacco Suggests Jets Offense had Lack of Urgency in Season Opener appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Wait, the team played with no urgency or energy???

Sarcastic Bill Burr GIF by Desus & Mero