The greatest trade in the history of the NFL…

Facts

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams was the ideal Jets player until the moment he wanted to get paid

then he became like Satan himself around here 

the worst thing he ever did was want to be paid more than his rookie deal 

then all the tweets started etc. But was he wrong? 

the dude got everything he wanted

he got the bag, he got out of NY and he's playing for a better program 

In fact, JD set a bad precedent : all you have to do is be a malcontent and the Jets will give you everything you want. 

I see his side of the story. If you want to call that support so be it 

He wasn't worth what he was asking for, period, end stop.

Portraying it as "just wanted more than a rookie deal" is dishonest. 

He was demanding to be one of the highest paid Defenders in the NFL, and definitely the highest paid Safety.

With that as the starting point, trading him was the only rational solution. 

Teams in our positions do not give Safeties that kind of contract.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Trading assets away is not the same as winning games. Too many people call JD a genius for what was essentially demolition 

Agreed.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He wasn't worth what he was asking for, period, end stop.

Portraying it as "just wanted more than a rookie deal" is dishonest. 

He was demanding to be one of the highest paid Defenders in the NFL, and definitely the highest paid Safety.

With that as the starting point, trading him was the only rational solution. 

Teams in our positions do not give Safeties that kind of contract.

He wasn't worth what he was asking for? Its easy to see in hindsight

at the time the message to the locker room was, get drafted, make 3 all pros and the Jets will not give you the bag 

that's a sh*tty message and no way to treat the only homegrown star this franchise has drafted in 10 years

That's why Agents and Free agents don't want to go to the Jets they treat their best players like garbage 

• Thumb Down 2

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams was the ideal Jets player until the moment he wanted to get paid

then he became like Satan himself around here 

the worst thing he ever did was want to be paid more than his rookie deal 

then all the tweets started etc. But was he wrong? 

the dude got everything he wanted

he got the bag, he got out of NY and he's playing for a better program 

In fact, JD set a bad precedent : all you have to do is be a malcontent and the Jets will give you everything you want. 

I see his side of the story. If you want to call that support so be it 

Trading assets away is not the same as winning games. Too many people call JD a genius for what was essentially demolition 

it's easy to trade away All Pros it's way harder to draft some yourself 

JD's drafts have been garbage from ship to stern he's wasted these picks, they've won like 5 games in 2 seasons since Adams left

so what are we really celebrating? 

He’s an overrated Box Safety who does not move the needle for a franchise, and Seattle now has an insane amount of buyer’s remorse.

You, sir, are pathetic to STILL be defending him to this day.  Worse take than your takes on Dewayne Robertson.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Except a lot of us called that ahead of time and people like you trolled us for being 100 % accurate in our predictions about his career trajectory.  

We even predicted he’d be injury prone going up against giant OTs on blitzes all the time and guess what?  Correct on that too.

You not seeing it doesn’t mean it wasn’t predictable.  You’re just so clouded by this thinking that the Jets are always cheap you refused to see the truth about Jamal.

Take the L.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s an overrated Box Safety who does not move the needle for a franchise, and Seattle now has an insane amount of buyer’s remorse.

You, sir, are pathetic to STILL be defending him to this day.  Worse take than your takes on Dewayne Robertson.  

The Jets traded Jamal Adams in July 2020 

they won 2 games that year without him 

4 games last year without him 

and 0 games this year so far without him 

Seattle went 12-4 the year they acquired Adams, Went 7-10 last year when Russell Wilson got hurt and are currently 1-0 

I don't root for Jamal Adams I root for the Jets but Im wondering how green your glasses have to be to say this is the "best trade in NFL history" 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Seattle went 12-4 the year they acquired Adams, Went 7-10 last year when Russell Wilson got hurt and are currently 1-0 

I don't root for Jamal Adams I root for the Jets but Im wondering how green your glasses have to be to say this is the "best trade in NFL history" 

Oh wow Jamal did all of that huh 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except a lot of us called that ahead of time and people like you trolled us for being 100 % accurate in our predictions about his career trajectory.  

We even predicted he’d be injury prone going up against giant OTs on blitzes all the time and guess what?  Correct on that too.

You not seeing it doesn’t mean it wasn’t predictable.  You’re just so clouded by this thinking that the Jets are always cheap you refused to see the truth about Jamal.

Take the L.

Jamal Adams is a winner, the Jets are losers. That's the trajectory

you guys are doing celebration dances over a team that's won 6 games in 2 years without Adams 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

people never gave Jamal credit for the attitude he brought to the locker room 

Yes. Yes he did do all that in fact 

American Football Dance GIF by New York Jets

Oh he danced.  Didn’t know that.  Can you quantify Jamal’s impact on the field in Seattle, the few games he’s been healthy?  Thanks in advance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Let’s wait a couple years to see how AVT and Garrett Wilson develop before we start making definitive statements about winning that trade.  Early signs are good, though.

We won the trade already, because we aren’t paying an oft-injured, overrated Box Safety $17.5M per year with $38M guaranteed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They went 11 and 5 the year before they got him.   Last year after he got paid was Seattle's first lossing season since 2012.  He didn't move the needle for them.  Good player and was very good on the Jets.  It was a great trade for the Jets.   It really hasn't worked out for Seattle at all.  The guy didn't move the needle for them last year and his done for the season.

I'll take a Vera Tucker and Wilson all day long for Adams.  

Adams is like a running back you give 350 carries to a year.  They don't last and you should never over pay them on a second contract.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Sorry my friend, but it was pretty easy to see at the time as well.

at the time the message to the locker room was, get drafted, make 3 all pros and the Jets will not give you the bag 

That’s your interpretation.

Mine is “horrible teams don’t build around the highest paid Strong Safety in NFL history”.

that's a sh*tty message and no way to treat the only homegrown star this franchise has drafted in 10 years

It’s a business. We made a business decision. The correct one, at the time and with hindsight.

Same way Adams demand was a business decision as well. One that worked out for him as well, since he’s not come close to earning what he is paid so far.

That's why Agents and Free agents don't want to go to the Jets they treat their best players like garbage 

Speculation. No evidence exists that any player or agent spurned us because of the Adams trade.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams is a winner, the Jets are losers. That's the trajectory

you guys are doing celebration dances over a team that's won 6 games in 2 years without Adams 

Adams is a winner?  He was on a bad team, he went to a contending team and that teams defence was almost the worst in the league the first two yeas he was there and they are now going to be one of the worst teams in the league when all is said an done.

He is a winner in two regards, 1 his constant self promotion made people think he was a much much better player than he is. 2 he got paid.

By far the most overrated D player in this league over the past 4 or 5 years.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

2020 Seahawks

9-4 w Jamal / 3-1 wo Jamal

2021 Seahawks

4-8 w Jamal / 3-2 wo Jamal

2022 Seahawks

1-0 wo Jamal

So recapping...

13-12 w Jamal

7-3 wo Jamal

Translation

The Seahawks were essentially a .500 team with Jamal playing, and they were an actual winning team when he was out with one of many injuries. 

Secondary Translation:

The Seahawks paid a billion dollars and 2 first round picks to be worse off with Jamal, than without him. 

And yet they win games and the Jets don't 

It does not matter if Adams never plays again its the commitment to winning that matters 

The Jets don't commit to their players and that's why this team is constantly terrible 

Quinnen Williams should be paid by now 

Give it a couple of years people will say he's worthless too 

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, bitonti said:

And yet they win games and the Jets don't 

It does not matter if Adams never plays again its the commitment to winning that matters 

The Jets don't commit to their players and that's why this team is constantly terrible 

Quinnen Williams should be paid by now 

Give it a couple of years people will say he's worthless too 

You've done lost this. 

Q is a jag my friend. Not even remotely living up to his draft status. You dont rush to the negotiating table for jags. 

Fact is, we would have the same record if Jamal was still here, and by the track record of his Seahawks stint, we more than likely performed better without him overall. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Fact is, we would have the same record if Jamal was still here

You believe that, I'll believe the opposite but either way it's hypothetical 

The bottom line here is calling it the greatest trade in nfl history while the Jets are historically terrible is a freezing cold take 

Like all those over 5.5 tickets 

It's sh*t Jets fans say to distract ourselves from the dumpster fire that is this franchise 

It's up there with "addition by subtraction" 

Side note robby Anderson balled out last week another dude who they just couldn't be bothered to pay. Corey Davis can't hold SunRa's jock 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You believe that, I'll believe the opposite but either way it's hypothetical 

The bottom line here is calling it the greatest trade in nfl history while the Jets are historically terrible is a freezing cold take 

Like all those over 5.5 tickets 

It's sh*t Jets fans say to distract ourselves from the dumpster fire that is this franchise 

It's up there with "addition by subtraction" 

Side note robby Anderson balled out last week another dude who they just couldn't be bothered to pay. Corey Davis can't hold SunRa's jock 

Seahawks would have a better record without him... they lost countless games because of his piss poor coverage.

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Games. 

What have the jd picks done? Half of them have been cut 

What games? 

Are you referring to the one 12 win season that Seattle had two years ago with Russell Wilson carrying the team? 

When the magical QB got hurt last year, Jamal was in last place in his division, just like the Jets were. 

And he certainly didn't do any winning here. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Quinnen Williams is the best player on the team 

We just don't like him because he wants money 

Same as Jamal 

Hmmm. He might be.

I like QW and I hope he stays a Jet. 

I do think there is a legitimate chance that Gardner is widely considered the best player on the team by the end of the season. I think he's that talented. I would say the same for Garrett Wilson if I thought he'd get enough quality reps. 

I sense a poll coming!

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Who has JD extended?

JFM, Berrios, Mike White... Who else has come up since that he needed to extend?  He has been in the middle of purging all Macs Draft picks and terrible contracts. This is the first year that he had extra money and it got pissed away in 2 LT that are injured.

I honestly believe that the best strategy for the Jets is to accumulate as many draft picks as possible and sign reasonable, short FA contracts.  

Paying anyone serious guaranteed money is like the kiss of death for the Jets.  They need to get to a place where they can pay players second+ contracts and not have them blow up.  Under no circumstances should the Jets EVER sign a player to a contract that his is "last" contract.

At least with McGovern and Fant, they were playing for a third contract, because they are OL.  

Ryan Kalil, Tremaine Johnson, Duane Brown, no bueno.  Second DL contracts, like Wilkerson, no bueno. 

Its actually the GM' job to figure out which players have the character and motivation to be worth a second+ contract.  JD knew to trade Jamal Adams, which was good.  Some others?  Not so good.  

Just now, Skeptable said:

JFM, Berrios, Mike White... Who else has come up since that he needed to extend?  He has been in the middle of purging all Macs Draft picks and terrible contracts. This is the first year that he had extra money and it got pissed away in 2 LT that are injured.

No one has come up. Thus there is zero evidence that JD is going to pony up the $20M+/yr needed to extend Q.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

There is also zero evidence to say he won't.... There hasn't been a player on this team worthy of a second contract like that.

True but it’s your assertion that “this isn't the same Jets... they actually pay players to come back.”

Was hoping you’d have more than “well, they’re haven’t not not done it yet.”