2023 NFL mock drafts

maury77

First mock draft on SB Sunday.  I did a trade down to grab an extra pick:  I'd take this:

• NYJ
    Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• NYJ
    Henry To'oTo'o
    LB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Ronnie Hickman
    S Ohio State

• NYJ
    Zion Nelson
    OT Miami (FL)

• NYJ
    Jadon Haselwood
    WR Arkansas

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

First mock draft on SB Sunday.  I did a trade down to grab an extra pick:  I'd take this:

• NYJ
    Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• NYJ
    Henry To'oTo'o
    LB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Ronnie Hickman
    S Ohio State

• NYJ
    Zion Nelson
    OT Miami (FL)

• NYJ
    Jadon Haselwood
    WR Arkansas

This one has me panting. Nice work.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

• NYJ
    Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• NYJ
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• NYJ
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• NYJ
    DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• NYJ
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State

• NYJ
    Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

Also a great draft, no trades, needs filled, trenches fortified.

22 hours ago, jetsons said:
  • NYJ
    Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia

• NYJ
    Michael Mayer
    TE Notre Dame

• NYJ
    Ivan Pace Jr.
    LB Cincinnati

• NYJ
    Israel Abanikanda
    RB Pittsburgh

• NYJ
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State

• NYJ
    Braeden Daniels
    OT Utah

How do you keep getting Jalen Carter at 13?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sure.  Makes perfect sense.  The D was good, so cut Lawson, Mosley and Whitehead and let Rankins, Quincy, Kwon, Shepherd, Thomas and Joyner walk.  Then use all the draft capital on offense.  Team will be great!

lol I don't understand this narrative that we can only improve our offense by dedicating all of our top picks to it.  As good as our D was, it should still be improved.  If this team ever wins a SB, it'll most likely be because we built a D that was capable of holding guys like Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Lawrence in check.  You can fortify the OL AND add impact players to the D in the same draft....it IS possible.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sure.  Makes perfect sense.  The D was good, so cut Lawson, Mosley and Whitehead and let Rankins, Quincy, Kwon, Shepherd, Thomas and Joyner walk.  Then use all the draft capital on offense.  Team will be great!

Jets Offense is bottom 10 every year. Enough already. If the jets defense falls back to 17th but the offense jumps to 9th - jets are a better team. Mosley and Quincy can stay. Rest are JAGS.

• Upvote 2

I think most people would be happy with this if it played out this way for us:  https://draftwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nfl-mock-draft-3-rounds-trades-comp-picks-bryce-young-cj-stroud-anthony-richardson-will-levis/

*Trade down with Washington from 13 to 16, picking up a 4th and a '24 day 3 pick(personally I think we'd get at least a 3rd from moving down even just 3 spots in the 1st, but whatever)

1(16): Broderick Jones, OT - Georgia

2(43): Antonio Johnson, S - Texas A&M

3(74): Tanner McKee, QB - Stanford

I've seen McKee slotted to go as early as the late 1st.  Usually on average he's taken early to mid 2nd.  If we were able to get him in the 3rd I think you'd have to at least consider it, at least depending on what route we go with our veteran QB.  Overall though I'd be fine with this if our first 3 rounds played out this way.

• Upvote 1

• NYJ
    Cam Smith
    CB South Carolina
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Kendre Miller
    RB TCU

• NYJ
    Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Dontayvion Wicks
    WR Virginia
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Rashad Torrence II
    S Florida

• NYJ
    John Ojukwu
    OT Boise State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

• NYJ
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • 2024 JAX 1st

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

• NYJ
    Cam Smith
    CB South Carolina
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Kendre Miller
    RB TCU

• NYJ
    Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Dontayvion Wicks
    WR Virginia
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Rashad Torrence II
    S Florida

• NYJ
    John Ojukwu
    OT Boise State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

• NYJ
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • 2024 JAX 1st

A corner in the 1st and drafting 2 RBs(drafting even 1 would be disappointing)...this would probably be a worst case scenario draft for me.  Also I know people like to do the PFF trade downs with us getting a 1st next year, but the odds of that happening are nearly nil, IMO.  Teams just aren't going to give up unknown picks like that unless they are moving into like the top-5 for a QB or they're trading it for a proven commodity.  If we somehow do get a return like that I will be thrilled, I just don't see it happening.

I CAN see us taking a CB, but it would be real late.  Probably as a Bryce Hall replacement if he gets cut.  Most likely that pick will be OT, S, LB, or C.  I think the only "non-need" that I could get on board with would be one of the big TE's like Mayer, Kincaid or Musgrave.  Other than that, yeah nah.  Our CB group is already elite IMO.  Not to say it can't be improved but it's like upgrading your Porsche when you're living in a cardboard box.  

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

A corner in the 1st and drafting 2 RBs(drafting even 1 would be disappointing)...this would probably be a worst case scenario draft for me.  Also I know people like to do the PFF trade downs with us getting a 1st next year, but the odds of that happening are nearly nil, IMO.  Teams just aren't going to give up unknown picks like that unless they are moving into like the top-5 for a QB or they're trading it for a proven commodity.  If we somehow do get a return like that I will be thrilled, I just don't see it happening.

I CAN see us taking a CB, but it would be real late.  Probably as a Bryce Hall replacement if he gets cut.  Most likely that pick will be OT, S, LB, or C.  I think the only "non-need" that I could get on board with would be one of the big TE's like Mayer, Kincaid or Musgrave.  Other than that, yeah nah.  Our CB group is already elite IMO.  Not to say it can't be improved but it's like upgrading your Porsche when you're living in a cardboard box.  

That's okay, a CB in the 1st did pretty well for the Jets last year & 2 rb's with distinct abilities & style w/ your top rb coming off an acl that usually takes 2 seasons to fully recover, plus a new run coordinator who employs a Heavy run oriented scheme... I'm good with those choices.... MANY Teams trading in the 1st rd for "THEIR" guy Gladly give up "Next" yrs 1st rd pick.. It's Literally done in almost every draft.... CB Proved to be a Very important position for the Jets last year & in today's pass happy league... I'll Gladly upgrade my Porsche. :)

23 hours ago, jetsons said:

That's okay, a CB in the 1st did pretty well for the Jets last year & 2 rb's with distinct abilities & style w/ your top rb coming off an acl that usually takes 2 seasons to fully recover, plus a new run coordinator who employs a Heavy run oriented scheme... I'm good with those choices.... MANY Teams trading in the 1st rd for "THEIR" guy Gladly give up "Next" yrs 1st rd pick.. It's Literally done in almost every draft.... CB Proved to be a Very important position for the Jets last year & in today's pass happy league... I'll Gladly upgrade my Porsche. :)

"It's literally done in almost every draft" yeah maybe if we had a top-3 pick, like I said.  Other than that you're looking at 2nd and 3rd rounders to drop down.  Please post some examples of this happening, because I honestly can't think of the last time a team moved up to a pick around #13 while trading a future 1st.  More than likely you're looking at something like this - what we paid Minny to move up for AVT:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-jets-trade-up-with-vikings-to-select-usc-offensive-lineman-alijah-vera-tucker/#:~:text=Prospect Rankings-,2021 NFL Draft%3A Jets trade up with Vikings to select,offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker&text=The New York Jets got,in the 2021 NFL Draft.

..and sure dude, you're more than welcome to pick whoever you want.  You'd get lampooned if you were the GM, but do your thing.  

58 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

..and sure dude, you're more than welcome to pick whoever you want.  You'd get lampooned if you were the GM, but do your thing.  

Getting lampooned is Literally the Least of my concerns... WINNING is the Only thing that counts... & with Those picks I'm Sure I Will be... So, I'll do My Thing. ;)

Well, I am kicking off the time of year where I cram and learn the prospects. Haven’t done anything yet, except one mock draft… philosophically, I want big string dudes in the trenches. I don’t want draft picks being traded away.

Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• NYJ
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• NYJ
    Jordan Battle
    S Alabama

• NYJ
    Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas

• NYJ