I ❤ Garrett Wilson

freestater

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

He is terrific.  We are very lucky to have him.  A core piece of the offense going forward.  Would love to add another guy of his caliber next year.

I think he's got another year of school, but Garrett's old teammate Marvin Harrison Jr. would be a fantastic bookend.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

i am not old enough to see the old school receivers....but he is going to be the best one we've had in my lifetime.

Braylon Edwards and Brandon Marshall were absurdly good, but short term rentals. I can’t remember a rookie playing like this since ‘82. Maybe Toon ?

his release is so quick he’s freaking 7-11

• Upvote 3

Just now, Larz said:

Braylon Edwards and Brandon Marshall were absurdly good, but short term rentals. I can’t remember a rookie playing like this since ‘82. Maybe Toon ?

his release is so quick he’s freaking 7-11

Marshall caught lightning in a bottle that one year...he did nothing for us otherwise. Wilson will have more yards and TD's by end of his rookie year than Edwards had in his best year here. I think those guys are extremely overrated by jets fans personally, even though each one was a contributor to a winning Jets team...so i get it!

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Marshall caught lightning in a bottle that one year...he did nothing for us otherwise. Wilson will have more yards and TD's by end of his rookie year than Edwards had in his best year here. I think those guys are extremely overrated by jets fans personally, even though each one was a contributor to a winning Jets team...so i get it!

Yeah, single season team record of 1,500 yards and 14 TDs is like mid 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am not old enough to see the old school receivers....but he is going to be the best one we've had in my lifetime.

i like to think this board is full of educated football fans, but the reactionary garbage is making me question that.

...The bears are a bad team without their top 2 corners, their QB, their arguably most explosive RB, their all pro S (left the game), and an OL that today for the first time was the same as last week

...On the road

I am cautiously optimistic about Wilson...but maybe lets wait until Minnesota and Buffalo on the road

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

We know he’s a stud on the field. My respect for him went up even more last week for calling out the entire offense after the game. He didn’t throw anyone under the bus, but he made it clear that that performance was not acceptable on any level, both coaches and players. He’s a cornerstone piece of this team and is becoming a leader as well.

I think you can make the argument he shook up the entire offense.  Super impressed 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

i like to think this board is full of educated football fans, but the reactionary garbage is making me question that.

...The bears are a bad team without their top 2 corners, their QB, their arguably most explosive RB, their all pro S (left the game), and an OL that today for the first time was the same as last week

...On the road

I am cautiously optimistic about Wilson...but maybe lets wait until Minnesota and Buffalo on the road

This is a little extreme. I’m 28 and can’t recall a more exciting offensive player we’ve drafted in my lifetime (except for Breece Hall, haha).

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

...On the road

i see what you did there, but i am not basing this on one game....so i think your lawyering needs work Saul.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is a little extreme. I’m 28 and can’t recall a more exciting offensive player we’ve drafted in my lifetime (except for Breece Hall, haha).

I just copied and pasted kmet’s post from a thread about Mike White where he’s telling us to not be excited. I happen to be ecstatic about Garrett Wilson and Mike White. Good day today! 

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I just copied and pasted kmet’s post from a thread about Mike White where he’s telling us to not be excited. I happen to be ecstatic about Garrett Wilson and Mike White. Good day today! 

Ok solid roast. I was like wtf

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

yeah i said that about a guy the coaches didnt deem good enough to start over Joe Flacco after 1 game vs a bad Bears team

you repeated it about a guy who's looked like the best receiver on the field for 11 weeks

but ok ?

45 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

...On the road

All true.....but this Wilson has been consistently good since he has been here as long as we have someone that can deliver the ball. His only disappearance coincided with other changes on the team that impacted his production. The bears were not an aberation

• Upvote 2

Garrett Wilson has produced all year and if not for Zach Wilsons poor performances, could be leading all rookie receivers.  As it stands, his talent is undeniable and he should only improve each week.  He is the best rookie receiver we have drafted since Santana Moss and Laverneus Coles.   I say this believing that Elijah Moore is going to make some real noise these last 6 games of the season.   It is almost like he is a forgotten man on this board.  

• Upvote 1