Before we get all the bad takes, let's be clear...

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

I don't think you watch the games

Numbers do not lie.  One QB just got destroyed for his loss, the other is patted on the head and every excuse in the book is tossed out there.

I'm no great Zac Wilson fan, I said before that draft that the jets should not draft a QB, when they did I said they needed to get a sound vet and let the project Qb sit for a year or two.  I also was totally fine with White taking over and Wilson being benched.

People just need to use the same paint brush to critique qbs. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

A few things were clear to me today:

• Defense is very good but can’t call themselves elite after days like today.

• Mike White is miles better than Zack Wilson, and it’s not even close.

• Mike White has some more work to do to prove he can be FQB…but for now or until we find that guy…he’ll do just fine.

• As a team…we aren’t there yet…but almost are and that’s saying a whole hell of a lot considering how bad we’ve been for how long.

• Playoffs seems gone now but let’s finish the year strong and go grab 10 wins.

Days like what.  Holding one of the best offenses in the league to under 300 yards?  One of the best WR in the game to 45 yards?  3 points on a short field, and another 7 on a ticky tack 4 and 2 penalty?  

I agree with most everything else.  

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Refs were not the problem in any way shape or form   

That one drive they were.  5 or 6 penalties to keep the touchdown drive alive.  What about the Mims play the drive before when the corner basically just ran right into him?  

Penalties are a part of the game.  I just want it called both ways for once.   

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

That one drive they were.  5 or 6 penalties to keep the touchdown drive alive.  What about the Mims play the drive before when the corner basically just ran right into him?  

FREE DENZEL !!

We lost because we didn’t get the ball in when we were on the goal line with the game on the line late.   The things that went on in this game go on in almost every NFL game.  We had a great chance to win and didn’t finish.  We need to finish.   

We need to be a little better and a little more focused when the game is on the line.   Coaches and players.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Numbers do not lie.  One QB just got destroyed for his loss, the other is patted on the head and every excuse in the book is tossed out there.

I'm no great Zac Wilson fan, I said before that draft that the jets should not draft a QB, when they did I said they needed to get a sound vet and let the project Qb sit for a year or two.  I also was totally fine with White taking over and Wilson being benched.

People just need to use the same paint brush to critique qbs. 

The jets won in spite of Wilson.  He wasn’t even a game manager in the games he won this year

17 hours ago, the Claw said:

My bad take: one offseason priority, imo, should be to get rid of either Robinson and/or Johnson and bring in a 220+ RB for short yardage situations. Enough of this short yardage incontinence.

Need a better center for that.

18 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Don’t grab a superstar with both hands 9 yards down the field. I didn’t see any plays that I thought were bad calls. The roughing call was good too, helmet to helmet.  
Jets defense didn’t listen to shamashs ref report. That’s a flag happy crew. Vikes got the memo 

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2022 at 5:11 PM, Supersonic said:

Being better than Zach Wilson at this point in time is a given, but this isn't about being better than Zach Wilson.  It's about being good enough to win a Superbowl, which MW is not.  If you just wanna win a couple of more games, Mike's your guy.

Super Bowl! Ha!  Listen to this guy.

MW's first int that bounced off a WR....a pass that was thrown a bit behind WR sliding to the ground who just couldn't reach back fast enough to corral the ball. Identical to his throw to Berrios in the EZ...a bit behind a WR sliding to the ground. 

These are just errors in timing, that will be getter the more reps MW has with his WR crew. Probably good that these are happening now and not in the POs!

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2022 at 4:33 PM, Integrity28 said:

The Vikings are a good football team. You cannot have all of this going wrong and expect to win against a good team.

• The refs cost us a fair shot in the first half because the officiating was clearly not impartial.
  • Corey Davis cost us our composure on the first drive - then subsequently cost us a possession and 3 points.
  • Our defense cost us our momentum in the 2nd half when the Vikings just cut right through us to answer our 5th FG.
  • Conklin, Davis and even Wilson cost us drives by getting both hands on passes and dropping them.
  • Mike LaFleur cost us multiple TDs in the redzone with stupid, passive play calls.
  • Mike LaFleur cost us the chance to jump out to an early lead because he failed to gameplan to attack this Vikings secondary from go.
  • Braxton Berrios cost us a redzone trip and points by running the wrong way and drifting Fant into the block in the back penalty.
  • Braxton Berrios cost us the win by not securing a ball that hit both hands and sat in his chest. 

Mike White gave us an epic rally and played us into the win. I won't hear otherwise. Needing to do it a second time was absurd.

right.  i'm glad someone brought up the vikings slicing through the jet defense in the second half when they scored the td.  and don't forget white's int that lead to a fg.  i know that it looks like white has the offense moving better and the fact that they put up nearly 500 yards is proof but the yardage doesn't matter without any tds to show for it.  if the vikings don't score that 2nd half td to put it 27-15 then the jets would have gone ahead with whites td sneak.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, JetsYanks13 said:

The bottom line, White played exceptionally well 2nd half, but the 1st half he was not good enough. His 1st half play and a half full of missed throws 2nd half do factor into the loss, how much? That’s a bid difficult to quantify. The D didn’t play well 1st half and LaFleur had a terrible game plan when the Jets were in the red zone. Each unit of the team affects the others and yes it was a team loss,
Outside of Greg the leg, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No kidding! Greg the Leg! Whatever else happened last Sunday, Zeurline was fantastic! Finally we have a kicker.

• Upvote 1