Before we get all the bad takes, let's be clear...

Agreed.  There are a lot of crushing losses in the Jets history. This isn’t one. This is frustrating.  Losing to potential SB participant type team on the road with a slew of bad calls that went against you and just overall not playing very well is reassuring to me, if anything.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BurntDice said:

So white overthrowing wrs and throwing it behind them isn’t a mistake that was actually made in front of everyone’s eyes? Why is that hypothetical? 

It is not a mistake that cost us the game. What part of this are you not understanding?

Every QB, in every game, has throws like this. It is table-stakes in the NFL and should be expected. Relative to winning and losing, these throws aren't typically the game-deciders. However, when you have a laundry list of eff-ups like we did today. I think it's fair to distinguish those things as viable reasons we lost the game.

I really don't want to have to re-explain this a third time. So, hopefully you get it this time and/or understand that no amount of stupid replies is going to make Mike White the reason we lost.

I never said he's beyond criticism. I think the point you and some others seem to not understand is that I listed major mistakes, problems that we weren't able to overcome. A QB overthrowing some of his passes is part of every NFL game. Nobody should view that as the reason we lost. 
If you guys want to talk about hypothetical outcomes to things that didn't happen, go create a different thread. Nothing I said is hypothetical. No "should have been an interception" or "if so-and-so caught it, then this happens". I simply listed mistakes that were actually made - like right there in front of everyone's eyes. 
There's plenty of room for realistic threads and theoretical threads to co-exist. Good luck.

Of course overthrowing passes is a major part of a QB’s game. Those passes can lead to interceptions, as white almost thrown except the Vikings defender dropped the ball. Please stop, the kid balled out the 2nd half (for the most part) but had a below par 1st half.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Agreed.  There are a lot of crushing losses in the Jets history. This isn’t one. This is frustrating.  Losing to potential SB participant type team on the road with a slew of bad calls that went against you and just overall not playing very well is reassuring to me, if anything.

This was as close to a feel good loss as you're going to get. We overcame a situation that clearly set the table for an epic collapse and almost tore up the NFL's script for this one.

The Pats losses were the crushing variety. This game was a thrill, but we just came out on the wrong end.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It is not a mistake that cost us the game. What part of this are you not understanding?

Every QB, in every game, has throws like this. It is table-stakes in the NFL and should be expected. Relative to winning and losing, these throws aren't typically the game-deciders. However, when you have a laundry list of eff-ups like we did today. I think it's fair to distinguish those things as viable reasons we lost the game.

I really don't want to have to re-explain this a third time. So, hopefully you get it this time and/or understand that no amount of stupid replies is going to make Mike White the reason we lost.

Why do you continue to call people stupid who have differing opinions than you? This is usually a tell tale sign that you are losing a discussion and are too stubborn to see it. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

So white overthrowing wrs and throwing it behind them isn’t a mistake that was actually made in front of everyone’s eyes? Why is that hypothetical? 

Well I think most QB’s even the best one’s don’t make perfect throws every time. 

White was great in the second half. He was ok in the first. As far as I am concerned he is the starter the rest of the year

• Upvote 1

I don’t think he’s blaming White for the loss, but simply illustrating White played poorly in certain aspects of the game as did others. The bottom line: it’s a team game and all players and coaches are to blame for the loss, including mike white!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Of course overthrowing passes is a major part of a QB’s game. Those passes can lead to interceptions, as white almost thrown except the Vikings defender dropped the ball. Please stop, the kid balled out the 2nd half (for the most part) but had a below par 1st half.

Oh, so here we are, we're into the "interceptions that could have happened". Cool. Listen, I'm not going to have a debate about things that could have happened. I stick with the things that actually happened. Like I said, there's plenty of space on JN for a theoretical "Let's talk about all the Mike White interceptions that he threw (but didn't really throw)" thread full of brainy nuggets.

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Why do you continue to call people stupid who have differing opinions than you? This is usually a tell tale sign that you are losing a discussion and are too stubborn to see it. 

I said the replies are stupid. Not the people.

Name calling is immature and uncalled for, difference of opinion is what our great country was built on. Terrible loss today, the whole team is responsible, including Mike White!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Mike White threw too many passes. The wide open layout to Garret Wilson would have given us the lead and the placement on the pass to Berrios did not hit him in the chest - it was to his right shoulder going left to right and the defender was able to get his hand on it. If it was to the left shoulder we win the game. Our D was MIA in the first half. Play calling near the goal line wasn't great.

???

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I don’t think he’s blaming White for the loss, but simply illustrating White played poorly in certain aspects of the game as did others. The bottom line: it’s a team game and all players and coaches are to blame for the loss, including mike white!

But, that's not the bottom line argument you made from go. This is the argument you've whittled it down to after playing patty-cake.

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Exactly! The loss is on everyone including the qb. The Vikings are a very good team and played better than the Jets did. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

A few things were clear to me today:

• Defense is very good but can’t call themselves elite after days like today.

• Mike White is miles better than Zack Wilson, and it’s not even close.

• Mike White has some more work to do to prove he can be FQB…but for now or until we find that guy…he’ll do just fine.

• As a team…we aren’t there yet…but almost are and that’s saying a whole hell of a lot considering how bad we’ve been for how long.

• Playoffs seems gone now but let’s finish the year strong and go grab 10 wins.

Playoffs seem gone now its an overreaction BIG TIME. Everything else I agree with. 

But, that's not the bottom line argument you made from go. This is the argument you've whittled it down to after playing patty-cake.

You have no idea what you are talking about, I think your getting confused between all the people your arguing with. Your responses have become comic relief at this point. Haha

27 minutes ago, extmenace said:

He listed all the things that went wrong that ultimately cost us the game. Wilson was wide open, you have to hit those throws. 

What about all the great passes he threw? The 4th and 10 to Davis. All the balls to Wilson. You also have to catch passes that hit your hands if you are an NFL receiver, AKA Berrios, and you have to call better plays in the red zone. Go ahead and play the blame game if you want because of 1 pass deep down the sideline. Good QB's miss that all of the time. It wasn't a poor throw. It was inches overthrown. Another 300+ yard game and solid offensive showing from this team. 

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Did you watch the game? ffs

Your counterpoints are contradicting your initial arguments. 57 attempts in a game where we had a multi-score deficit before our 4th drive is something you should expect. I don't even understand what point you're trying to make. Despite all of the mistakes and bad coaching I illustrated, Mike White put the ball in the hands of a receiver in the endzone for what should have been the win. Why in the world would I call him out in a list of "things that cost us the game"? 

Take the agenda and kick rocks.

Bruh 

• Haha 1

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

You have no idea what you are talking about, I think your getting confused between all the people your arguing with. Your responses have become comic relief at this point. Haha

It's literally 2 people - and you are literally rephrasing each other's posts over and over... but sure, I'm the comic relief. LOL

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It became easier to move the goal posts when you each grabbed a side, eh?

What are you talking about? Why does it hurt you so deeply when people include MW in the reason for the loss? 

Did he play great? No. Did he play terrible? No he didn’t. 

No one was a 100% reason for the loss, but many were part of it (including MW)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

They’re not technically.

It’s just going to be a tough hill to climb with Buffalo up next, which I think will knock us to 7-6….leaving us to possibly having to win our last 4.

Look at the standings. They are in a playoff spot ahead of The Pats and Chargers. They need 10 wins to get in. It's definitely doable. 

• Upvote 1

What are you talking about? Why does it hurt you so deeply when people include MW in the reason for the loss? 

Because he probably hates Zach and needs to be Mike White cheerleader number 1. All things considered, White balled out in the 2nd half, but didn’t play well in the 1st half. The bottom line is I’m a Jets fan rooting for White and the team to win, but We’re allowed to call it like we see it. Obviously the OP doesn’t get it and is offended that we are critiquing his favorite player!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

What about all the great passes he threw? The 4th and 10 to Davis. All the balls to Wilson. You also have to catch passes that hit your hands if you are an NFL receiver, AKA Berrios, and you have to call better plays in the red zone. Go ahead and play the blame game if you want because of 1 pass deep down the sideline. Good QB's miss that all of the time. It wasn't a poor throw. It was inches overthrown. Another 300+ yard game and solid offensive showing from this team. 

I never said we lost the game because of that pass. I mentioned it as an additional bullet point that could have been added on to the list. White made a ton of good throws, he kept us in the game, he just happened to have missed a game changing play. There was good and bad but that play  was one of many mistakes that ultimately resulted in the game going from a win to a loss. I actually came away from todays game with a more positive look at MW. He clearly has some potential. 

• Post of the Week 1

Game one:

Jets lose 22-17, QB throws for 355 yards on 41 attempt, 2 tds and 3 ints

Game two:

Jets lose 27-22, QB throws for 363 yards on 57 attempts, 0 tds and 2 ints

Game one QB is the biggest bum of all time that cost the team the game.

Game two QB....wasn't his fault!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

*  except Greg Zuerlein. :D  

Just now, BurntDice said:

I'm not hurt by anything here. I think you're just getting a little salty and perhaps projecting.

The things I outlined are mistakes that I observed. Mistakes that I believe played a cause and effect role in some of the things you guys are trying to articulate with the QB. I don't think he made foundational mistakes, I think we saw his play negatively influenced by the mistakes. This is why I didn't include the QB missing on a few passes as a foundational cause for the loss.

Are losses a team thing? Yea, usually. I mean, this isn't gym class and I'm not a teacher, I didn't think I needed to take the "it's on all of us" tact here. I do appreciate that sentiment when coaching kids, but we're here to bitch about the Jets right?

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

Because he probably hates Zach and needs to be Mike White cheerleader number 1. All things considered, White balled out in the 2nd half, but didn’t play well in the 1st half. The bottom line is I’m a Jets fan rooting for White and the team to win, but We’re allowed to call it like we see it. Obviously the OP doesn’t get it and is offended that we are critiquing his favorite player!

That’s what I’m guessing as well. I want them both do do well because why not? This doesn’t mean that I won’t see their mistakes. 

The interesting thing will be what happens in the off-season. MW will be a FA. Is he worth 20ish mil a year? I don’t think so. 

im starting to board the Daniel Jones bandwagon for the same price if he hits the market. 

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You are allowed to call it like you see it. I never said otherwise. However, you came into this thread and told me I'm wrong for not calling it how YOU see it. 

This would have been a lot simpler if you'd afford me the same space to have an opinion that you're affording yourself.