Jacksonville Matchups

BCJet

Although Lawerence has been making huge strides, Jacksonville lost to the same Lions team we just battled 40-14 and while Dallas does have an elite player in Parsons, their defense is not nearly as good as the Jets so this is a game that we should be able to win to get back on track.

As of now, the weather looks like it will be 39 and raining.

Jacksonville also lost Cam Robinson on Sunday and will start Black Hance, a second year player from Northwestern at LT.  They may get Travon Walker back and should have their RT Jawaan Taylor as well.

Even if QW cannot play, the defense showed yesterday that they can slow down a really good offense with an elite OL.  Yes we suffered a couple huge breakdowns (seems like a theme) but overall Jacksonville is not anywhere near what Detroit is offensively.  Stopping the big plays from Jacksonville and pressuring Lawerence will be the keys to this game - especially if Zach is at QB. 

Offensively, Bam likely wont be at 100% so Zach is going to have to step up at this point and get the ball to GW all game. Lets hope he is up to the task 

I don't think I’ve ever seen the Jets win a prime time game. So I’m not expecting a win.

We are the better team though. I would expect our D to shut them down. We’ve locked down far better WRs. ETN is the biggest concern on offense.

On offense, jeez IDK. I see a similar game to Detroit for our O.

And here I am expecting a win. Lol. 17-10 Jets. This game is going to be ugly.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have to make the golden boy run for his life and turn it over.  If they get consistent pressure the jets will win as he turns it over multiple times.  If they don't Jax will blow us out.

He's only thrown one INT in the past 6 games (last week vs DAL) - hoping we can reverse that trend for him. :-) 

He has, however, fumbled 4 times (losing 3) so when he scrambles the D need to look to knock the ball loose. Kwon and Quincy both hit like trucks so if they get a good shot at him, hopefully they can cause a turnover. We need to start getting some short fields rather than expecting our O to trudge 80 yards on every drive.

• Upvote 1

Bad feeling on this one. TLaw is hitting his stride and is gonna show out in prime time. Vegas has us as a 1.5 dog at home in a must-win virtual playoff game against an up-and-down Jags team. 
Would be nice to flip the book and Wilson come out on National TV while TLaw sh*ts the bed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

didnt see him on injury report...so more Bam

On Monday, Robert Saleh provided this NY Jets injury update.

• Jeff Smith who did not finish the game, he’ll be questionable for the game for Thursday.
  • Denzel Mims is in the concussion protocol, he’s most likely going to be out.
  • Zonovan Knight will also be questionable, but his arrow’s pointing up, he’s dealing with an ankle.
  • Corey Davis, we feel very confident that he should be able to roll on Thursday.
  • Mike White is still going through evaluation.
  • Quinnen’s Williams arrow’s up. Hopefully, we’ll get him out there on Thursday
  • Lamarcus Joyner will be questionable
  • Brandin Echols will be out.

"Arrow pointing up" ... could be genuine, could be coach speak. 

If he plays, I hope we manage more than 2 YPC with him. We will need a strong rushing effort to win this week (IMHO). 

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

robinson probably up

Its clear the way that Bam has been running that he deserves the carries hes been getting, but Robinson has had multiple weeks to get healthy and have really fresh legs.  If it needs to be him and MC tomorrow while Bam dresses but doesnt play much, he should be in prime shape to finally make a difference.   Jacksonville gave up 150 combined rushing yards between Pollard and Zeke last week and Henry had 120 the week prior, so this is really going to fall on the OL, especially if Foley is out.

Cam Robinson is definitely out, but if Sherf is too, our DL really has to dominate this game and keep jacksonville under 17 points.  What is really worrisome though is that the Jags DBs are better attacking the ball then Detroit, they have 9 picks so far on the year, not counting 2 from Devin Lloyd at LB, so Zach cannot afford to throw up 2-3 prayers this game nor can he miss as much as he did vs the lions. 

JD has used a lot of resources to build the trenches here just for games like this, lets hope MLF sees the game the same way and our OL/DL step up in the bad weather.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its clear the way that Bam has been running that he deserves the carries hes been getting, but Robinson has had multiple weeks to get healthy and have really fresh legs.  If it needs to be him and MC tomorrow while Bam dresses but doesnt play much, he should be in prime shape to finally make a difference.   Jacksonville gave up 150 combined rushing yards between Pollard and Zeke last week and Henry had 120 the week prior, so this is really going to fall on the OL, especially if Foley is out.

Cam Robinson is definitely out, but if Sherf is too, our DL really has to dominate this game and keep jacksonville under 17 points.  What is really worrisome though is that the Jags DBs are better attacking the ball then Detroit, they have 9 picks so far on the year, not counting 2 from Devin Lloyd at LB, so Zach cannot afford to throw up 2-3 prayers this game nor can he miss as much as he did vs the lions. 

JD has used a lot of resources to build the trenches here just for games like this, lets hope MLF sees the game the same way and our OL/DL step up in the bad weather.

I like fresh legs on TNF. Bam having the ankle - don't know if he's that much of an upgrade if at all not being 100%.

• Upvote 1

The biggest matchup will be MLF and Zach Wilson vs. Mike Caldwell and the Jags Pass Rush. 

Plain and simple. This is what it will come down to. Jaguars will stack the box on early downs and force the Jets to beat them through the air in the rain. On third downs they will go after Zach. 

So, MLF needs to be creative while keeping things simple for Zach (the two are not mutually exclusive). And Zach needs to execute in the rain and avoid the big mistake. 

I would include the Jets O-line stepping up but there's only so much they can do. Only so long they can hold off the pass rush when its obvious the Jets are passing and only so many lanes they can create for the RB when the Jags stack the box.

This will be on MFL and Zach to soften that defense up early and make things easier on the O-line.  

Prediction: Caldwell and the Jags pass rush will win out.

However, the Jets defense is good enough that they will keep the Jets in this one. It will be a close game.  

At this point in the season, I have no questions about our defense holding any team in the NFL to 20 or less points. The question is, can we score 21? I think we get it done in a couple of days
Absolutely...I think we've proven this... my real concern is lawrence getting out of the pocket and hurting us with his legs... need to contain that

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk