Zach Wilson benched. Flacco QB2

pointman

Taysom Hill (another BYU QB) is getting paid a lot of money (full contract is 140 not sure how much total is guaranteed) but he couldn't beat out even marginal Qbs for starting job. He's like Strev a swing player and goes into game in situations. I was hoping Jets would do this earlier possibly Strev package not ready in terms of Jets O but it was a good option on Thursday could help White out and make Seattle defense put time into preparing for this. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Taysom Hill (another BYU QB) is getting paid a lot of money (full contract is 140 not sure how much total is guaranteed) but he couldn't beat out even marginal Qbs for starting job. He's like Strev a swing player and goes into game in situations. I was hoping Jets would do this earlier possibly Strev package not ready in terms of Jets O but it was a good option on Thursday could help White out and make Seattle defense put time into preparing for this. 

That 140M contract was baloney. All non-guaranteed funny money that was restructured to $10M/year like months later IIRC.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh:

“Nothing has changed” as far as our plans

ZW “still has a future here”

?

Why are you concerned with coach speak? Watch what they do, don’t listen to what they say.

Saleh has benched Wilson twice in three games, one time for a QB who can’t even throw the friggin football.

Jets want nothing to do with Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

ZW is done here.....

Not only is he done here but i think the coaches feel bad playing him at this point b/c they know his headspace is a mess and even just from a mental health standpoint they know the kid is best off having a fresh start somewhere in a galaxy far far away

• Upvote 3

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Not only is he done here but i think the coaches feel bad playing him at this point b/c they know his headspace is a mess and even just from a mental health standpoint they know the kid is best off having a fresh start somewhere in a galaxy far far away

It’s actually best thing for him now. It would be inhumane to trot him out again TBH.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

ZW next stop CFL 

56 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

You need to realize he has to say this.....

If he says "Zach Wilson is done here"....that becomes the story.....and now we have a distraction while this team needs to focus on preparing for Seattle and ultimately our playoff run 

It's amazing you still have to spell this out. Like Saleh is actually going to tell the truth right now about ZW's future with the Jets. The guy will be in street clothes again after another disastrous performance. Wilson is done here as a starting QB but they aren't going to address that until after the season is over. I guarantee after watching his performance this year both JD and Saleh already know he doesn't have what it takes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Why? Kid could kid literally do anything he wants for the rest of his life. Kids got close to a million for each year he’s been alive, wish I could say that..

I would take all the abuse you animals could dish out for a mere fraction of that 

• Haha 1

Thank you Robert Saleh.  And we all know you will mainly use Strev if necessary... right?   Flacco?   Seriously?  I guess it wouldn't matter anyway at that point. 

Sorry Zach, but the team gave you a more than fair chance. 

Good luck in the future wherever, but not here.

Say hi to your mom!