Saturday games.

Larz

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Boy if the Jets lost on a play like that and they didn’t do a formal review, I would be absolutely livid.  I don’t think it was a fumble, it was very close, but you have to review that.

They review all scores under 2 minutes

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Boy if the Jets lost on a play like that and they didn’t do a formal review, I would be absolutely livid.  I don’t think it was a fumble, it was very close, but you have to review that.

I thought they did review it though and found it to be a fumble. You are right though. It was close. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It was close.

that might get called different depending on who the qb is

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

They review all scores under 2 minutes

Yes, but they either confirm or send to the on field official for a formal review.  The latter absolutely should have occurred.  It wasn’t under 2 minutes either, they review scoring plays.

It also got confirmed in like 5 seconds, it was incredibly close and deserved a full review.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes, but they either confirm or send to the on field official for a formal review.  The latter absolutely should have occurred.  It wasn’t under 2 minutes either, they review scoring plays.

It also got confirmed in like 5 seconds, it was incredibly close and deserved a full review.

Oh ok...yeah that was pretty quick. lol

Just now, Green Ghost said:

No it wouldn’t 

I have a very hard time believing that if that same exact play and scenario unfolds tomorrow in the Packers/Lions and it’s Aaron Rodgers playoff lives hanging in the balance that it doesn’t at least get blown down to the on field official.  

• Upvote 1

I will add this.  I wish EVERY review was booth only and took less than 30 seconds like this one did.  There is no reason that shouldn’t be the protocol.  It currently isn’t though, and that feels like way too big and way too close to not have it reviewed by the onfield official

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have a very hard time believing that if that same exact play and scenario unfolds tomorrow in the Packers/Lions and it’s Aaron Rodgers playoff lives hanging in the balance that it doesn’t at least get blown down to the on field official.  

I get your point... A lot of you buy into things like that, and you could be right. Personally, I don’t.
To me that was clearly a fumble. The defender knocked his arm forward when he caused the fumble.

I reserve the right to change my mind after watching it a few more times though. ?

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It wasnt even close to a fumble. It was an inc pass

how else does the ball shoot forward 10 yards. Fumbles fall down

bs call jags suck

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

It wasnt even close to a fumble. It was an inc pass

how else does the ball shoot forward 10 yards. Fumbles fall down

bs call jags suck

Making stupid remarks like “jags suck” at the end of a post doesn’t make your opinion correct. They make you sound stupid.

If I hit your arm from behind causing it to move forward, which way do you think the ball will go?

An arm moving because it’s been hit isn’t a throwing motion.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Jags having the worst record in ‘20…secured Lawrence…and ZW to us.

Lawrence wasn’t on his game tonight, but Jets would obviously be in the playoffs had they been just a bit worse ..than the terrible team they were..in 2020

We have to get past this. 

Lawrence was on the balls of his ass late into the 4th quarter against Joshua Dobbs (a QB better than Zach wilson) but won the game and finished the season 8-9.

Let's stop pretending we missed out on Joe Montana. 

JD didn't have to take Zach. 

Let's move on. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Jacksonville Jaguars (est. 1995): 4 division championships

New York Jets (est. 1960): 4 division championships**

**Only 2 in the NFL

I think Panthers are similar and they have 2 SB appearances.  Jets simply are poorly run. Players come and go. To suck for 50 years takes total incompetence.  

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Exactly

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I get your point... A lot of you buy into things like that, and you could be right. Personally, I don’t.
To me that was clearly a fumble. The defender knocked his arm forward when he caused the fumble.

I reserve the right to change my mind after watching it a few more times though. ?

I do think they got the call right and it was a fumble, extremely close though and I do think @HawkeyeJet is accurate that rodgers, Brady and a few others possibly have that call go the other way.

done now so let’s enjoy the product the jets are putting on the field today

• Upvote 1