GM Joe Douglas End Of Season Press Conference

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm honestly so disgusted with the front office and the coaching staff that I can't bring myself to listen to their bull sh*t press conferences. It's all bs, there is nothing real in any of it. If they're serious about winning they'll do what they have to do to bring in a very good starting QB. Unfortunately I think the QB depth chart will be the same as it was this year minus Flacco.  We'll get a ton of excuses and hear about how much Wilson has progressed over the off season and us fans will sit through another 7 win season. 

It’s the age-old question: who runs the Jets? Who’s in charge? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s the age-old question: who runs the Jets? Who’s in charge? 

I really would have liked to have seen someone from the front office, the coaching staff, or a veteran player step up after the first costume fiasco or the White t-shirts and tell them to cut it out. No one did anything. The one prime time game the Jets had you had a tight end wearing a bunny costume and a linebacker warning up in a grinch outfit. An unserious operation from Woody to Douglas to the staff to the veterans. All bullsh*t artists.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, heymangold said:

This is what my main issue is.  All these slogans, dressing up in mighty ducks jerseys, grinch costumes before the game and fun jersey swap day last week when you’re desperately trying to end a 5 game losing streak.  It’s times like that when, as a coach, you don’t reward the guys.  Things like that have to be taken away and earned.  Nothing with the jets is ever earned. Sanchez, then Darnold, then Zach - jobs never earned.  Saleh is a decent enough HC but he’s too nice.  MLF hasn’t earned the right to be this OC next year - if he is it’s on a short leash and if they stink next year, they’re all fired.

Agreed that Saleh is too nice.  The costumes before the Jax game are embarrassing when you lose.  The slogans are absolutely idiotic.  

He also screwed up the ZW benching.  One day he wasn't thinking at all about benching ZW.  The next day he's benched.  Then 3 weeks later he's back in.  Then he's benched again.   One day he talks "instant coffee" then he talks about a "reset".

He also didn't get Bam Knight in there for way too long.  And Flacco over MFW for the 1st 3 games?!

And I heard on the radio that he apparently said something about how it's not his job to motivate the players.  If he thinks that way, that's a problem.

He screwed up the timeouts in the Detroit game but I'm assuming he'll grow from that.

That said, I think he's a decent enough coach and I'm okay giving him another year.  But he's really going to have to prove himself next year against a very tough schedule (NFC East, the best division in the NFL and the AFC West with Mahomes and Herbert).

Is he the right guy to guide us through that? 

We'll see.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I really would have liked to have seen someone from the front office, the coaching staff, or a veteran player step up after the first costume fiasco or the White t-shirts and tell them to cut it out. No one did anything. The one prime time game the Jets had you had a tight end wearing a bunny costume and a linebacker warning up in a grinch outfit. An unserious operation from Woody to Douglas to the staff to the veterans. All bullsh*t artists.

It’s telling that the one guy who was acting like a leader—meeting the media, motivating teammates, consoling Zach—was rookie Garrett Wilson. 

Side note: offensive captain? Zach Wilson

3C4A0372-5015-4C58-BA50-7E7171AFC646.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, doitny said:

just curious , but do GMs and HCs have season ending press conferences and then get fired? i dont remember. guess what im trying to say is this proof that JD and Saleh are 100% back next year? it would be pretty messed up to have these press conferences acting like your coming back and then get fired in a few days.

The last GM had a season ending free agency period and NFL draft before getting fired.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

89D0DBFA-350F-4B1E-AC96-E9D128BDB824.thumb.jpeg.baf262a0e7a5b3d310eb0c9f03d17ace.jpeg25C24EF2-BC99-4A05-BC96-A4C0B6FFEE20.thumb.jpeg.0b427256b0dc105c9a25f3ec59873bef.jpeg0083DDDF-E547-4206-B9CD-ECCA4F29A802.thumb.jpeg.5acf0b1449d840c3ada259a950376e1f.jpeg5720083D-C67A-4D56-85A0-31DCFDDCA516.thumb.jpeg.bb7c9d5a8014a50c7706be34893baeab.jpeg

Thoughts: Douglas is very pissed off.  Changes on the staff are coming (we knew this).  If someone like Lamar Jackson becomes available, they will strike with massive aggression, and Quinnen is going to be a part of that package.

The Quinnen responses were shocking. Very much so looks like he can be on the block for the right QB. It makes sense considering he’s their best asset and bargaining chip but would be a damn shame. Would be Joe Ds way of mitigating draft capital loss but I think he’s undervaluing his value as a leader. 

if he does use him in a trade it better be for a damn good QB. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

The Quinnen responses were shocking. Very much so looks like he can be on the block for the right QB. It makes sense considering he’s their best asset and bargaining chip but would be a damn shame. Would be Joe Ds way of mitigating draft capital loss but I think he’s undervaluing his value as a leader. 

if he does use him in a trade it better be for a damn good QB. 

Like who?  There's no way we could get Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Trevor, or Herbert.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas made reference to Wilson’s growth being stunted due to lack of live preseason reps because of the knee injury. 

I'm curious about that knee injury. Did he require surgery? I think he faked it, because he's lazy and didn't want to waste his time with pre-season games.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There isn’t a single offensive player on this roster (other than maybe Duane Brown) who has the cachet to even have  an opinion on who the OC is.

I’d say Garrett Wilson is not a guy we want to alienate right now, but I understand what you mean.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s telling that the one guy who was acting like a leader—meeting the media, motivating teammates, consoling Zach—was rookie Garrett Wilson. 

Side note: offensive captain? Zach Wilson

3C4A0372-5015-4C58-BA50-7E7171AFC646.jpeg

The other two guys were near as bad as zac being named a captain, ridiculous that hardee and mosley got named to the pro bowl.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’d be a bit much. Dude has been in the league for ten minutes

And instantly became the best WR we’ve had since Decker/Marshall, with a lovely carousel of QBs throwing to him, not a savvy veteran.  I genuinely believe Wilson has Justin Jefferson potential.  You don’t want him becoming the next guy to demand out.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Not ideal…but If its for a superstar QB in their prime you trade what you have to for that.

You don’t put Q in any deal for a Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Ryan Tannehill, etc. 

Exactly....it is NOT ideal...and if Zach Wilson was even a semblance of being 'the guy', you can throw crazy money at Q while Zach is on his rookie deal.  But it is going to be very hard to throw Aaron Donald-like $ at Q, say $30 mill/yr, and sign a vet QB and other pieces of OL etc that we need.

Again, not ideal...but if you can trade Q for a couple of first rd DPs and save his cap space you can possibly fill many needs.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And instantly became the best WR we’ve had since Decker/Marshall, with a lovely carousel of QBs throwing to him, not a savvy veteran.  I genuinely believe Wilson has Justin Jefferson potential.  You don’t want him becoming the next guy to demand out.

I mean, don’t we run that risk with a potential Lamar trade?

The dude is electrifying but is notorious for not getting his wideouts involved.

Hell, Hollywood Brown was his best friend and he shot his way out of town.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Like who?  There's no way we could get Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Trevor, or Herbert.  

Lamar Jackson. 

I know some people don’t like him but those people are dramatic. He’s a franchise QB, young, and he puts defenses on their heels. Not going to further debate if he is worth it bc that’s subjective but there’s no question he is in a different tier from Jimmy G and Carr 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Which is to say, it could have been nothing. I know soldiers who wanted out of the Army when their really wasn't anything wrong with them who had a knee scoped.

How did they get the Army docs to go along with fabricating their test results that would get them referred to a physical therapist who would also have to lie on their behalf to coordinate an unnecessary surgery?  Very persuasive liars these soldiers you knew.

• Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

I mean, don’t we run that risk with a potential Lamar trade?

The dude is electrifying but is notorious for not getting his wideouts involved.

Hell, Hollywood Brown was his best friend and he shot his way out of town.

Hollywood thinks he is much better than he is.  He shot his way out after steadily improving year after year, putting up 1K and 6TDs in 2021, went to ARZ, a ridiculously pass happy offense, and was mediocre at best, putting up the worst year of his career across the board (post rookie season.)

He also has a fraction of the talent and potential of Garrett Wilson.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Lamar Jackson. 

I know some people don’t like him but those people are dramatic. He’s a franchise QB, young, and he puts defenses on their heels. Not going to further debate if he is worth it bc that’s subjective but there’s no question he is in a different tier from Jimmy G and Carr 

Teams just don't trade young FQBs though.  I feel like something must be wrong.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

How did they get the Army docs to go along with fabricating their test results that would get them referred to a physical therapist who would also have to lie on their behalf to coordinate an unnecessary surgery?  Very persuasive liars these soldiers you knew.

What is the purpose of a knee scope? 

• En Fuego 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I get that, but you simply can’t let a rookie make decisions about who’s coaching him. This isn’t the NBA. Garrett Wilson is a mercurial dude. He’s going to be hard to handle regardless of whom they bring in. 

Justin Jefferson basically told Vikings ownership to oust Mike Zimmer or I’m gonna blow up, and it’s worked out nicely for them. Granted, that was after year 2, but I’m sure they would have done it after his rookie year if sh*t was as bad as it was for Minnesota after 2020.

The league has changed.  It will be the NBA soon enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1