Are the Jets a legit Super Bowl contender in 2023 with Rodgers, Carr, or Jackson at QB?

Legit Super Bowl Contenders?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets acquire Aaron Rodgers, will they be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in 2023?

• Contenders? They’d be among the favorites!
    • Yes
    • Probably
    • Probably Not
    • No way! No how!
  2. 2. If the Jets acquire Lamar Jackson, will they be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in 2023?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • Probably Not
    • No way! No how!
  3. 3. If the Jets acquire Derek Carr, will they be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in 2023?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • Probably Not
    • No way! No how!

If the Jets acquire one of the players above , assuming they only give up picks and not a key player, will they be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in 2023?

I do not think so. The D is very inconsistent against the run. Our LB and S are often out of place and are poor tackling. Our DE need to maintain box discipline and protect the edges. So, it is not just our O that requires improvement to bring home a championship. The QB just gets us into the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Those ppl who keep saying "we're not a QB away" are vastly underrating how much great to elite QB play can mask holes on a roster.....mainly because we've never seen great to elite QB play before. Ppl are stuck thinking you need borderline pro bowlers at every position......

With that being said Rodgers and Lamar instantly elevates us to contendership on paper(which is the premise of this question so save the injury talk) 

Carr while I would take him given the circumstances, is a couple notches below the other two QBs so he doesn't elevate us into contendership, but he can likely get us into the playoffs.....

• Upvote 2

Brutal bi-polar fan base. I really really think, if we won a Super Bowl 21-17, there would be topics regarding how can we still have Zach Wilson on the roster or the offense has to do better than scoring 21 points against an inferior defense. And some will ask for Saleh to be fired the following season. Y’all know who you are. You are damaged beyond repair. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

It’s kind of a hard question because it’s not just bringing in a qb.  The oline was musical chairs and breece hall went dow so at the very least a healthy and decent oline needs to be fielded along with a healthy breece hall.  On defense is anyone going to be replaced?  They have the two really good corners and some good dline players but outside of qwill, sauce and reed, the rest of the guys are good and play as a team.  Will j Johnson take a big step? How about Clemons?

nevertheless I think the jets will be a serious team to contend with if they got Rodgers or Jackson.  I think they could be mired in 9-8 or 8-9 he’ll with Carr. Or maybe they become like the Vikings and go out in the first round after going 13-4.