Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

On 1/30/2023 at 8:51 AM, Beaver said:

giphy.gif

Beaver posts a gif with a badge early on D1. Probably puts him on their radar, but if not initially easy to look back on later.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn’t catch your list of reads. Care to share?

The post that prompted Beav to share his reads list. I looked back multiple pages before this and saw no sign of anybody asking Beav for a list of reads.

5 hours ago, Beaver said:

As for reads….I have Pac looking town recently.    Verbal and Leelou claiming masons together, but I love a good conspiracy theory.   BG and Barry I have as town.   JiF, Jville, and Arsis looking town.   .   You replaced Ballin who I suspected as scum and hiding but now reevaluating.

Drums, Hess, Smash, lurker, JVOR, Peen could all swing. 

Beav responds. If he was already on their radar, this might confirm it. Putting dead Barry in the firmly town category, and the different tiers of town leans vs these two are town. Ape was the one who asked for the reads list, and then never poked at the fact that he listed a dead guy as town, or otherwise re-engaged with the post at all. Couple of hours later, when Pac comes in grandstanding that he's about to take a shot, a shot from a seemingly different shooter comes in.

• Upvote 1

Official Day 3 Vote Count

Smash (3) - BG, JiF, Stark

JiF (3) - Arsis, Peen, Verbal

Ape (2) - Hal, Jvill

Hal (2) - Ape, Leelou

BG (1) - Smash

Peen (1) - Hess

Not Voting (3) - Lurker, Drums, Pac

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

DEADLINE:  Thursday, 8 PM EST

Pac shot scum? yeah, right, nobody gets that lucky, more likely a gambit play because it's a CTM game and now look, he is so obnoxious that he's bragging about how great he is and going on and on when everyone knows that he's real life stupid and sucks at this game, we should lynch him for info

Unvote 

Vote Pac

• Haha 1

JiF (3) - Arsis, Peen, Verbal

Ape (2) - Hal, Jvill

Hal (2) - Ape, Leelou

Smash (2) - BG, Stark

Pac (1) - JiF

BG (1) - Smash

Peen (1) - Hess

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Pac shot scum? yeah, right, nobody gets that lucky, more likely a gambit play because it's a CTM game and now look, he is so obnoxious that he's bragging about how great he is and going on and on when everyone knows that he's real life stupid and sucks at this game, we should lynch him for info

Unvote 

Vote Pac

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlGPZafGqu65qcBx8xe0t

On 2/6/2023 at 11:53 AM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Speaking strictly for myself, AVM deserves to die not just because he's claiming to be robo cop (if you remember that game a while ago where someone claimed to be like doc and cop at the same time), but the problem for me is this could potentially be a bus attempt if AVM is indeed scum. As someone who was at the receiving end of a CTM pied piping game and because 80 is clearly manufacturing game roles based on our collective meta, I have no idea if there's some benefit to bussing or some godfather type of situation that you might have that is trying to make a play here to end game.

Let's say AVM is scum:

1x view -> chose to use first night -> nails scum.

There's a little bit of convenience here especially since your claimed role is also on the knifes edge of town or scum alignment. Hence "why AVM" is relevant. 

Based on gameplay itself prior to this reveal stuff I've had a lean town read on you, but am a little concerned about a potential bus going on. But first things first, gotta see what happens with AVM.

22 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Feels like we're playing correspondence mafia, please give thoughts on current state of game when you get a chance. To be fair, he's given thoughts, but it's been largely lukewarm takes, want more here.

22 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

My concern is that you are trying to extend your shelf life here by offering to add value (via another view), with the main upside being that it is a verifiable claim. I think at minimum you shouldn't be lynched today from my perspective as you could still be valuable here and it very much feels like there's very opportunistic bloodlust going on with people who want you dead in a bad way. Which, if you're town, is obviously what scum wants right now since you'd be a major threat to them.

As someone who likes lying as townie for the benefit of the town (and like the nice play Ape did last night), I consider you someone who's capable of doing that as townie so it's not personally a valid test there in terms of whether you just withheld info. Just leery of "hey don't kill me i'm valuable" doesn't feel great.

21 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Vote Peen

JVOR's last few posts.  

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF (4) - Smash, Arsis, Peen, Verbal

Peen (3) - Leelou, Hess, JVOR

Smash (3) - JiF, Stark, jvill

Hal (1) - Ape

Not Voting (6) - Hal, Beaver, Pac, Lurker, Drums, BG

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

Vote count after he went to Peen.

Doesnt feel bus like to me...seemed more like a safe place to park a vote.

Not too much to make of it but gives me a slight town lean on Gsexy

JiF (4) - Arsis, Peen, Verbal, Smash

Ape (2) - Hal, Jvill

Hal (2) - Ape, Leelou

Smash (2) - BG, Stark

Pac (1) - JiF

Peen (1) - Hess

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Based on the Beav's reads list BG is out for me. Everyone else is "looks like" or "could". Only ones he has as definitive town are Barry (dead) and BG.

5 hours ago, Beaver said:

As for reads….I have Pac looking town recently.    Verbal and Leelou claiming masons together, but I love a good conspiracy theory.   BG and Barry I have as town.   JiF, Jville, and Arsis looking town.   .   You replaced Ballin who I suspected as scum and hiding but now reevaluating.

Drums, Hess, Smash, lurker, JVOR, Peen could all swing. 

26 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Beaver posts a gif with a badge early on D1. Probably puts him on their radar, but if not initially easy to look back on later.

The post that prompted Beav to share his reads list. I looked back multiple pages before this and saw no sign of anybody asking Beav for a list of reads.

Beav responds. If he was already on their radar, this might confirm it. Putting dead Barry in the firmly town category, and the different tiers of town leans vs these two are town. Ape was the one who asked for the reads list, and then never poked at the fact that he listed a dead guy as town, or otherwise re-engaged with the post at all. Couple of hours later, when Pac comes in grandstanding that he's about to take a shot, a shot from a seemingly different shooter comes in.

You do realize Beaver only had 2 investigations right ? Im not sure how you can get anything definitive out of Beavers list . 

he has Pac looking town bg looking town barry looking town jif , jville and arsis looking town but out of that you come up with

BG as town and is out for you ? What made you pick BG out of that entire bunch ?

19 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

There's other things I didn't like about Ape 2.0 as well. He questioned Smash on why he was digging into the LD role last night, then minutes later before Smash chimes in he's providing his own excuse for the behavior. Says I'm probably scum, but never votes me or really pushes me at all. Opens the day saying he's content to lynch JiF, but then today his read is scum wouldn't pull that gambit and sacrifice the ninja. He throws so much sh*t at the wall regardless of alignment though so he's always a tough read for me and I never know which read is serious and what is him playing 8D chess in his head. But combined with the above I like going there today.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

You do realize Beaver only had 2 investigations right ? Im not sure how you can get anything definitive out of Beavers list . 

he has Pac looking town bg looking town barry looking town jif , jville and arsis looking town but out of that you come up with

BG as town and is out for you ? What made you pick BG out of that entire bunch ?

Only 2 investigations, and only 2 players listed as town (without qualifier). One of them who is dead, and there's no reason to list besides a slip up or a breadcrumb. The other is BG. The rest are all "looking" town or "could" swing.

53 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@jvill 51 @JiFields @Bleedin Green @Stark 

How does Beaver's death and role-reveal influence your feelings on voting Smash? 

I haven't gone back and looked at Smash's game through the "Beaver was cop" prism, but looking through Beaver's game nothing stood out to me initially with regard to Smash. So not really influencing my read on him at the moment.

30 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Unvote 

Vote Pac

shocked holy shit GIF

4 hours ago, Verbal said:

Amen to this.

You’re being a sissy.

3 hours ago, Verbal said:

CTM is back.

Ape is thinking everything is about him.

Smash and JiF are fighting like children.

Pac thinks he’s about to save the day.

BG is posting big paragraphs with no substance.

JVoR is humorous but not really participating.

Yeah, JN Mafia is alive and well.

You’re wasting your mason claim and opportunity for influence in this dumb sh*t?

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

There's other things I didn't like about Ape 2.0 as well. He questioned Smash on why he was digging into the LD role last night, then minutes later before Smash chimes in he's providing his own excuse for the behavior. Says I'm probably scum, but never votes me or really pushes me at all. Opens the day saying he's content to lynch JiF, but then today his read is scum wouldn't pull that gambit and sacrifice the ninja. He throws so much sh*t at the wall regardless of alignment though so he's always a tough read for me and I never know which read is serious and what is him playing 8D chess in his head. But combined with the above I like going there today.

What?

You’re trending towards a narrative here. Do not like. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What?

You’re trending towards a narrative here. Do not like. 

Surprising. Here ya go, 11 minutes apart:

On 2/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, Integrity28 said:

Smash why we’re you asking Ape 1.0 details of the LD ability? Seemed like you were debating whether to NK him or not.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, Integrity28 said:

I think Smash is town-ish. His frustration that we don’t see what he sees seems real. I also don’t think he’s dumb enough as scum to ask those questions about the LD.