Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

you and ape "all about me" players.

BG and Barry were listed as town... not feels like, looks like, not recently vibe. and you think he inv. you. ok maybe but im still not reading it that way. 

still could vote BG... smh

Pretty gross post 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:39 PM, Arsis said:

I'm good with voting avm and then jif tomorrow.

Unvote vote avm

Looking back at all the votes and play, this is by far the most bus feeling of them all.

He was steady voting me, throwing shade, not trusting me info, while also goading Smash into his personal attacks on me.  Then, he drops the hammer on AVM but also while maintaining that I'm the lynch tomorrow, no matter what happened w/ this lynch.

13 hours ago, Verbal said:

So you think Smash is scum because he hasn’t been perfect with a stated PR?

That and his emo which is the same as town but the same as mafia but different and only you can tell the difference?

Yeahhhh

this is ape... just say so much of "nothing" that you try to confuse everyone and appear to be enlightened to every scenario

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Updated roster:

1. @Hal N of Provo
  2. @Arsis
  3. @JiFields - Town Whore w/ role cop looks.
  4. Crusher  Town Fatty (Extra Vote to Lynch), Killed N1

5. Ape  Town Community College Student (Post Restriction), Killed N2
  6. @Stark
  7. @jvill 51
  8. Beaver  DEA Officer (Standard Cop) Killed D3
  9. Jgb  Town Hacky Sack (Vanilla Town), Lynched D1

10. @Pac - assumed town Vig for now.
  11. Ballin  replaced D3 by @Integrity28
  12. @Lurker89
  13. Barry  Town Hacky Sack (Vanilla Town), Modkilled D2
  14. @HessStation
  15. @Drums
  16. JVOR  Scum Programmer (Watcher), Shot D3
  17. @Verbal - town Mason
  18. @Bleedin Green - assumed innocent peek from Beav
  19. Smash  Town Blockhead (Post Restriction - Forced OMGUS), Modkilled D3
  20. @Leelou - Town Mason 
  21. @Greenseed4
  22. AVM  Scum Hippie Ninja (Can’t be Tracked at Night), Lynched D2

For my own thoughts, the no info pile, lynch candidates, a little too soon to do a POE but still good for my thoughts:

Hal, Arsis, Stark, Jville, Lurker, Hess, Drums, Gsexy, Ape 2.0

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Smash: I'm the smartest one here, why don't you all just admit it?

Pac: No way, I'm the smartest one here! I'm the one who can turn a barren wasteland into a Red Lobster!

JiF: Yeah, but I'm the one who knows the most about the hippie CTM. I'm the one who can find him!

Ape: Pfft! Ya'll ain't got nothin' on me. I'm the one who can hurl poo with deadly accuracy!

Everyone: *gasp*

Smash: Alright, alright. Let's put it to the test. Whoever can find the hippie CTM is the smartest. Ready, set, go!

image.thumb.png.81796e50f08bbee109b99bc05104bd57.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash: "Hey, moderator! Can you please do something about JiF, Ape and Pac? They're being really annoying and they're trying to push my buttons. All they're doing is making it harder for us to find the hippie CTM!"

Moderator: "I understand your frustration, Smash. I'll have a talk with JiF, Ape and Pac and tell them to stop behaving in such a manner. I'm sure they'll understand and cooperate."

Smash: "Thanks. That would be really appreciated."

image.thumb.png.0d761004a1f9b25de5726b7c5911847a.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Smash had been with the search party for days, and they were getting increasingly desperate.

They had been searching the forests near the hippie CTM without any luck, and tensions were running high.

Suddenly, the moderator of the search party issued a command:Smash, you must angrily attack your fellow search party members! If you do not, you will be killed!

Smash could not believe what he was hearing. He had been with these people for days, and he was not a violent person. He tried to reason with the moderator, but it was to no avail.

The leader made it clear that Smash had no choice. Reluctantly, Smash slowly stepped forward, preparing to do as he was told. But before Smash could even take a single step, the moderator drew a gun and shot him dead.

The other members of the search party were horrified. They had all grown to like Smash, and they could not believe they had just witnessed a murder. But they knew that they had to keep searching for the hippie CTM, and they continued on without him.

image.png.49b1bceb5e982b57cf48e2a3489250f3.png

@Smashmouth, Town Blockhead (Post Restriction - Forced to angrily OMGUS any player who votes him prior to moving his vote) has been Modkilled (Failure to adhere to PR)

haha.. wtf. 

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

FWIW I don’t get the whole evolving JiF claimed rolls.  I think I must have missed some dynamite posts that made sense to everyone else.  

what do you mean? did jif claim another roll that I missed.

not just town whore RC.. not just 1 x that has a view now on N3 and was gifted a vest

On 2/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, Beaver said:

So far pac hasn’t read anything but throw out crap stuff.   Not sure if reading thread or pretending to.    Town pac usually just shows up and hammers

^ Beaver's first comments on Pac D3. This does not sound like he has a clean investigation on him. Between this post and the reads list posts, Pac posted a bunch more completed his catch up. In this context, the "Pac looking town recently" seems to me to be a natural read progression.

On 2/8/2023 at 8:26 AM, Beaver said:

As for reads….I have Pac looking town recently.    Verbal and Leelou claiming masons together, but I love a good conspiracy theory.   BG and Barry I have as town.   JiF, Jville, and Arsis looking town.   .   You replaced Ballin who I suspected as scum and hiding but now reevaluating.

Drums, Hess, Smash, lurker, JVOR, Peen could all swing. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Not caught up on the last few pages, but this is always your excuse.  "It w@s 4 r3@cshunz!"

And let me guess the next salvo - "I knew he was town, but acted this way to see who would join me!"

We need to lynch Ape.  Too much of a distraction - I'd rather not have the thread drowned out with his sh*t.

33 minutes ago, JiFields said:

hmmmmm

Felt AVM was scummy when Stark called for his opinion.

Comes back to me at night, to vote me, acts like he didnt know it's night but the first post was talking about the night being delayed?

never caught that.. posts 4 minutes apart lol..

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

why.

you said you could still go back to BG, when Beaver had him as town. 

you are lost on the fact that its reads as beaver had BG as an investigation result and not you?

That entire discussion around the reads list was sh*t. Barry is an implausible target N1 because he didn't post, but Pac who also didn't post anything makes so much sense as the target on N2? They both would have been good targets if you're investigating the guys you don't have much info on. BG fits the mold there as well.

All that said, Pac thinking that he had to have been the target of both the watcher and the cop fits with the ego, and him backing off and questioning after the BG/Barry bit was pointed out all reads natural.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

No emo I'm seriously going to slow down because I have construction starting in my home tomorrow and have to juggle that with my 3 dogs and my wife working from home. Along with that I'm in the process of interviewing for the Deputy Printing Officer of the BEP and I have a lot of work to do for my presentation. 

good luck with all that

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Verbal said:

And let me guess the next salvo - "I knew he was town, but acted this way to see who would join me!"

We need to lynch Ape.  Too much of a distraction - I'd rather not have the thread drowned out with his sh*t.

Been swamped all day. Was just gonna ask if I’m alive. 

I don’t know exactly how I’m being a distraction. I’m pushing on things to see what gives. Right or wrong, do something with it or about it. Just stop being a ******* bitch.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

That entire discussion around the reads list was sh*t. Barry is an implausible target N1 because he didn't post, but Pac who also didn't post anything makes so much sense as the target on N2? They both would have been good targets if you're investigating the guys you don't have much info on. BG fits the mold there as well.

All that said, Pac thinking that he had to have been the target of both the watcher and the cop fits with the ego, and him backing off and questioning after the BG/Barry bit was pointed out all reads natural.

yep and the wording used in beav's read seems clear to me.

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Official Day 3 Vote Count

Hal (5) - Pac, JiF, Leelou, Hess, Peen

Ape (4) - Verbal, Drums, Arsis, Hal

Drums (1) - Ape

Not Voting (4) - BG, Stark, Lurker, Jvill

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

DEADLINE:  Thursday, 8 PM EST

Last night, when people were moving votes to me, everyone that voted me “I think” did so with a reason… essentially not trusting me because of my play style… except Drums, he just saw the momentum shift and said “ape could use some pressure”.

Yells me most of my voters were focused on the logic or style of my play. He wasn’t. He just piled on.

Thats why I voted him before logging off last night.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Are you misinterpreting what I wrote? I was basically withdrawing the question because I was able to find it on a mafia website.

I don't think so. has the feeling he's getting it from someone and he's pasted in text from somewhere twice this game. 

have the copy/paste reads post

playing lost 

the Greenseed vote lie 

he didn't really answer you about jif he spun it into ape

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

So, you just joining the next train picking up heat?

yuck

Rejoined the train I was on prior, yes.

Would you like a sanitary napkin for your spit up?

I literally posted my scum reads, why are you acting surprised here and trying to build a narrative that I’m voting for convenience…heading into a deadline no less?