Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

There was tampering....

Again, there was no tampering.  The Jets got permission to speak to Rodgers, almost assuredly in writing as required, and that fact allows public comment.  So no, there was no tampering.  Stop buying what the trolls like Cimini are selling.

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because JN stands for JetNation, in which the "Jet" portion refers to the New York Jets of the NFL.  Rich Cimini covers the New York Jets of the NFL for ESPN.  What Cimini is saying makes far more sense than nonsensical rantings of those who think the Jets and Packers completed a trade and for some reason decided they'd wait four to six weeks to make it official.

No, Cimini has been a troll for 30 years. He had zero connections inside the building and had broken no stories since JD became GM.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Yeah I believe Rich Cimini over Joe Douglas. I mean, he covers the Jets for the NFL. He knows everything.  

I don't think he knows everything, but I do know that what he's saying makes a lot more sense than what the twitter bros are saying.  "Dude, it's a done deal.  Joe D. and the Packers just wanna sit on it for like six weeks like most teams do after making a trade"

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Again, there was no tampering.  The Jets got permission to speak to Rodgers, almost assuredly in writing as required, and that fact allows public comment.  So no, there was no tampering.  Stop buying what the trolls like Cimini are selling.

Fun fact:  There is more than one way to tamper.

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2

28 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

No, Cimini has been a troll for 30 years. He had zero connections inside the building and had broken no stories since JD became GM.  

So you're in the "The teams have agreed to make a trade and keep it quiet for a month for no reason" camp?

To each his own.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Nah, I’m in the ‘don’t post ‘news’ articles based on Cimini crap’ camp 

So you believe Cimini is right but you're upset over it being posted?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Are you rooting for it to be tampering?

I've already said that it is tampering but it doesn't matter because Green Bay isn't going to do anything as they have nobody else to unload this albatross of a contract on to.  So I'm not sure what there is to "root for'.  It's a moot point.

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Not sure how you comprehend that over anything I wrote.  As for your ‘article’ not sure laying on the Cimini sword is the way you want to go out 

So what do you think?  The team has agreed to a deal but will keep it quiet for 4-6 weeks for no good reason, or Cimini is correct?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So what do you think?  The team has agreed to a deal but will keep it quiet for 4-6 weeks for no good reason, or Cimini is correct?

I think there’s a deal in principle  that hasn’t been announced due to contract  jargon or perhaps an option on the table that involves swapping 1sts depending who’s on the board on draft night. What I don’t think is true is anything Cimini makes up… especially in an article where he claims JD is pandering to a room of jets fans. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

There were tons of folks yelling and screaming yesterday that Joe D's proclamation on stage was confirmation that a deal was done.  

Seems it was more wishful thinking than anything else.

Problem here is that there really haven’t been any leaks other than some variation of the same ol story that the two teams haven’t agreed on compensation yet. You also had the Trey Wingo tweets and the packers GM, Rodgers interviews, and this new JD interview. That’s all we have to go on here.  Everything else has been pure speculation from these beat writers.  It really does seem that nobody knows anything. While I know that a deal for Rodgers isn’t done until it’s actually done, this deal definitely is about it being done at a certain time. This article and everything else is just people speculating. Both sides haven’t let any worthwhile information out and the JD interview still makes it seem like they are just waiting to do it at the right time.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I think there’s a deal in principle  that hasn’t been announced due to contract  jargon or perhaps an option on the table that involves swapping 1sts depending who’s on the board on draft night. What I don’t think is true is anything Cimini makes up… especially in an article where he claims JD is pandering to a room of jets fans. 

Okay, so you believe the deal is still being worked on, which is what Cimini claimed, but you don't like Cimini personally so have to say he's wrong in saying what you're saying.

I agree with both you and Cimini BTW.  Deal is still being worked on.

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Problem here is that there really haven’t been any leaks other than some variation of the same ol story that the two teams haven’t agreed on compensation yet. You also had the Trey Wingo tweets and the packers GM and Rodgers interviews. That’s all we have to go on here.  Everything else has been pure speculation. It really does seem that nobody knows anything. While I know that a deal for Rodgers isn’t done until it’s actually done, this deal definitely has some timing issues. This article and everything else is just people speculating. Both sides haven’t let any worthwhile information out. 

But isn't it funny that Cimini gets this nugget the day after the GM gets a little bit loose lipped in front of a friendly crowd?  Makes perfect sense that somebody within the organization would let a reporter know that despite what Douglas has said, the deal is still not done.

It's a correction after Douglas saying something he shouldn't have said.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Are you Cimini? You're just trying so hard to make this relevant. I'd let it go, if you're not.

Or I could just like, talk about whatever topic I like as it pertains to the Jets?

47 minutes ago, AFJF said:

One possible reason the teams would not announce a deal is that they have different deals in place based on how the first 12 picks go.

Swapping 13 for 15 is worth a late 3rd in trade value. Maybe if the Jets guy isn't there at 13 and/or the Packers guy is, the 13 for 15 swap comes into play. If not, something else happens.

Not the most likely thing going on here but throwing it out there what I consider a reasonable possibility.

Personally I'm hoping for it to be a post draft trade.

With the current wide receivers, tight ends, and defense, the Jets have as good of a team as Aaron Rodgers has had, since they won a Super Bowl.  Add OL, DL, LB, and S in the draft and possibly another WR and we will be in good shape. OBJ would have been nice, but I really think the Ravens did us a favor. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

But isn't it funny that Cimini gets this nugget the day after the GM gets a little bit loose lipped in front of a friendly crowd?  Makes perfect sense that somebody within the organization would let a reporter know that despite what Douglas has said, the deal is still not done.

It's a correction after Douglas saying something he shouldn't have said.

Maybe bring Cimini and Manish on the podcast to get this all sorted out? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does it?  Just where are the rules regarding getting permission to talk to a player and all that entails? 

On 4/8/2023 at 8:33 AM, Dunnie said:

No tampering because GB granted permission to speak to him. Since that point in time .. no tampering.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It’s definitely tampering.  Big no no by JD.  However, GB would have to file a complaint with the league for anything to potentially happen.  No way GB will do this because they want to get a deal done.

5 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Durant never Said he want to come the Knicks, in fact after he signed with the nets his reps said he never considered playing for Dolan 

I’m not going to compare it to the Rodgers situation but from reading the tea leaves, it’s pretty clear that Durant would’ve signed with the Knicks if he wasn’t following Kyrie 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GTB999 said:

It’s definitely tampering.  Big no no by JD.  However, GB would have to file a complaint with the league for anything to potentially happen.  No way GB will do this because they want to get a deal done.

So is it tampering for Rodgers to say he intends to play for the Jets?

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I’m not going to compare it to the Rodgers situation but from reading the tea leaves, it’s pretty clear that Durant would’ve signed with the Knicks if he wasn’t following Kyrie 

I don't think so

Durant want to compete for championship,  not be a thread mil team with no chance of winning