Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Zach Wilson was handed the best situation a young Jets QB has had since ‘09 or ‘10, and he absolutely filled his pants with sh*t, while playing the role of game-manager, all because he didn’t have someone to tell him “it’s okay Zachy, you play big-boy football when you want to”, every single time he was sailing passes 20 yards over the head of a WR, who was only 5 yards away.

He has absolutely no one to blame but himself for his poor play, as of right now.

Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence enter rough situations (bad OL, horrid HC) and are studs.

Zach Wilson entered a comparatively nice situation and got "ruined".

Somehow there are fans who still think like this and it baffles the mind.  A QB can't just suck.  Has to be external reasons for it all because he throws a pretty ball sometimes.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence enter rough situations (bad OL, horrid HC) and are studs.
Zach Wilson entered a comparatively nice situation and got "ruined".
Somehow there are fans who still think like this and it baffles the mind.  A QB can't just suck.  Has to be external reasons for it all because he throws a pretty ball sometimes.

Revisionist History ... Trevor Lawrence sucked mooseballs till three weeks before Zach got benched.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Zach Wilson was handed the best situation a young Jets QB has had since ‘09 or ‘10, and he absolutely filled his pants with sh*t, while playing the role of game-manager, all because he didn’t have someone to tell him “it’s okay Zachy, you play big-boy football when you want to”, every single time he was sailing passes 20 yards over the head of a WR, who was only 5 yards away.  MLF wasn’t good, but he is far and away better than the guys Geno Smith and Sam Darnold had to deal with.  
He has absolutely no one to blame but himself for his poor play, as of right now.  Nothing would justify playing him this year.  He was QB3 on a team that was rostering the corpse of Joe Flacco, and the late round round draft pick of another team in Mike White. This is a long-winded list of excuses for a kid who was given the keys to the Ferrari, and decided to go drunk driving in the middle of Time Square.

You cannot discount a poorly prepared rookie coaching staff ... It's imprudent to do so at best.

The kid wasn't ready to drive .. was not his fault that a mlf and Saleh couldn't see it ... He's like a unpolished diamond .. needed to sit for a year.

• Upvote 1

I’m sick of hearing this.  Matthew Stafford dealt with worse.  Geno Smith dealt with worse.  Sam Darnold dealt with worse.  Plenty of other QBs dealt with worse.  Amazingly though, only Zach Wilson has played historically bad.  Enough excuses.  He’s a bad QB because he never got popped in the mouth at BYU, and folded the second he dealt with a shred of adversity in the NFL.

What are you talking about ??? How did Stafford deal with worse coaching wise ... Or Geno ? Can't defend Gase.

We'll see.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m sick of hearing this.  Matthew Stafford dealt with worse.  Geno Smith dealt with worse.  Sam Darnold dealt with worse.  Plenty of other QBs dealt with worse.  Amazingly though, only Zach Wilson has played historically bad.  Enough excuses.  He’s a bad QB because he never got popped in the mouth at BYU, and folded the second he dealt with a shred of adversity in the NFL.

The bold is why it's important to separate the QB from the situation. Which, granted, is extremely difficult to do. There was no indication that Wilson the any ability to handle pressure or adversity because he didn't have to, he just got to run around and show off the arm talent behind an elite OL against a bad schedule.

The talent was there to take a chance on and try to develop, but he was risky enough that taking him at 2 and starting him right away instead of a massive trade down package in that insanely good draft was absolutely bananas. But if you questioned that in 2021 or 2022, you were just a Zach hater.

In general I think QB's who should go in the mid-late first or second tend to go in the top half of the first, if not the top ten nowadays. And honestly, it doesn't help the players or the teams. Players make more money earlier, I guess.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

What are you talking about ??? How did Stafford deal with worse coaching wise ... Or Geno ? Can't defend Gase.

We'll see.

Are you gonna sit here with a straight face and tell me that the wonder crew of Scott Linehan and Jim-Bob Cooter was, actually, good?

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Revisionist History ... Trevor Lawrence sucked mooseballs till three weeks before Zach got benched.

Fun fact: the Offensive Coordinator Trevor “sucked Moose Balls” under was, statistically, the best Offensive Coordinator Matthew Stafford had during his time in Detroit.

Maybe the idea that a coordinator makes or breaks a QB, no ifs, ands, or butts, is categorically false, and it’s up to the QB to grow, learn, and improve?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

The only reason Saleh didn’t throw Zach out a window after the cheaters debacle and the infamous “no” is because of his contract.  I don’t think anything has been decided.  He has a long way to go to earn respect from his teammates and the staff. I can’t even think of the name of backup QB the jets picked up from Green Bay but he would play over Zach if there was a game tomorrow lol

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Translation: third party entities in NFL marketing, scheduling, etc, have been notified that the trade is all but consummated.

You have to wonder if the league stepped in and said “figure this sh*t out so we can make a schedule, please”.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You have to wonder if the league stepped in and said “figure this sh*t out so we can make a schedule, please”.

FTR, last year Rodgers announced that he was “coming back” to the Packers on the morning of the draft. Likely a similar circumstance here, where ego and marketing concerns dictated action

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The draft coming up in a couple of days and the packers wanting picks this year is all that is going to force this trade to happen this week. 

I don’t think they’re as desperate for ‘23 picks as guys here think. They want their perceived value for Rodgers.

They have a full slate of ‘23 picks already, not much cap space, and no real pressure or expectations to win this year.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

So if that’s the case, for him to say this one of either the Packers or Jets is now leaking intel to “entities in the league”?

Boomer Esiason had the same info on Friday—that the trade is done this week. It would be odd for Rapoport to be sitting there on a Sunday afternoon and say to himself, “hey, let me fire off this Rodgers tweet for no reason.” 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1