No Green Bay Doesn't know What they are doing!!!

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ah. We started down this road when I commented that we shouldn’t sign Minshew because Minshew is notoriously annoying and feels like he should be starting over both Trevor Lawrence and Jalen Hurts. I do agree that the Jets should get a qualified backup considering how leveraged they will be once they complete the Rodgers trade. It’s win or die.

I agree with all of this!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

We're saying the same thing 

He's been the GM for 4 actual nfl seasons 

He has 2 actual nfl seasons, 23 and 24 left to earn an extension 

He does not get the 2025 season. I guess he could run the 25 draft or whatever. 

Regardless, he will get an additional year tacked on for ‘25 after next season if the Rodgers deal gets done and we get a PO game or 2

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Regardless, he will get an additional year tacked on for ‘25 after next season if the Rodgers deal gets done and we get a PO game or 2

If they break the playoff drought jd will get a standard long term extension. Like another 4-6 years, probably, and a raise 

If they do not break the playoffs in the next 2 seasons, everyone will be fired. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I agree with all of this!

You think they would have already been done considering that since they have two QB’s currently under contract. One  QB who is better suited for the CFL and another that likely wouldn’t make it  if he tried out for the CFL. WTF is it with this regime and not putting value on a quality NFL back up? It’s like having sex  with nothing but Hookers and strippers and not wearing a condom then acting surprised when your Dick falls off. @CTM

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You 2 clods are printing off more receipts than Walmart on Black Friday. 

Keep fueling the fire boys.  Rodgers about to dunk on all the detractors Darryl Dawkins style. 

Disgusting that those two would openly campaign for Rodgers to get injured. True sociopath stuff, which is to be expected from that ilk

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Disgusting that those two would openly campaign for Rodgers to get injured. True sociopath stuff, which is to be expected from that ilk

I've been saying it for years..  Buttman and his ilk are a vomitous crew hell bent on destroying any jet fan happiness. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Woody Johnson should call Rodgers and tell him that it's okay if they get him later this summer as opposed to now.  Then tell Rodgers to hold a press conference in GB stating that he will return to the Packers for this year and next under the terms of his current contract and that he will not renegotiate his deal with them.

GB cannot under any circumstances have Rodgers back this year, and certainly not next year as well.  They will end up taking what the Jets give them.  Probably a 3rd this year and something next year, or just a 2 this year.  

GB botched this terribly and face the very real possibility of never having Jordan Love play for them.  He isn't going to wait for them and they aren't going to sign him going forward unless he plays and plays well this year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Brain Gutekunst was hired in 2018 out of nowhere. No one knew who he was. The first thing he did was draft Jordan Love, sending a big FU to Aaron Rodgers. 

Gutekunst is the POS holding this up. 

Rodgers can ensure that Jordan Love never starts for GB if he decides to return for his final two years.  It is his right to do so under his contract and there is nothing GB can do except put Rodgers on the bench or cut him.  Either choice is salary cap suicide, not to mention the circus it would be this summer in GB if Rodgers decided to play rough and come back.  The GM would not survive this debacle.  In the end he will accept what the Jets off him.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Esquire said:

Rodgers can ensure that Jordan Love never starts for GB if he decides to return for his final two years.  It is his right to do so under his contract and there is nothing GB can do except put Rodgers on the bench or cut him.  Either choice is salary cap suicide, not to mention the circus it would be this summer in GB if Rodgers decided to play rough and come back.  The GM would not survive this debacle.  In the end he will accept what the Jets off him.

I gotta say ... id be ok with him returning to **** over that franchise - of course id prefer JD to put the screws to Green Bay ... but the more I hear about how Green Bay treats its players .. the more I want to see them squirm and fail.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Brain Gutekunst was hired in 2018 out of nowhere. No one knew who he was. The first thing he did was draft Jordan Love, sending a big FU to Aaron Rodgers. 

Gutekunst is the POS holding this up. 

He's probably scared $h!tless that this whole Rodgers game is going to blow up in his face. Too late, the Titanic has left port, struck the iceberg and there is no turning this ship around before it sinks. All he can hope for is a miracle in JD deciding to bale him out with a #1 pick.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

He's probably scared $h!tless that this whole Rodgers game is going to blow up in his face. Too late, the Titanic has left port, struck the iceberg and there is no turning this ship around before it sinks. All he can hope for is a miracle in JD deciding to bale him out with a #1 pick.

JD would be an idiot to give him the his 1st round pick for a one year rental.  Rodgers would be amazing here .... at the right price. Remember the Jets are eating his albatross of a contract. I'd offer to pick the contract up and nothing else. Maybe a 4th or 5th. 

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1