No Green Bay Doesn't know What they are doing!!!

1 minute ago, sec143dmf said:

Yes.  If I am Joe D I call them today and lower my offer.  GB literally has no leverage. 

Actually they do. They had no leverage until Aaron said publicly he wants to play for the Jets. Greenbay FO can sit and say “well Aaron is ready to go so give us more than what you offered and we can wrap this up. If not then it looks bad on you to have Aaron waiting. ”

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 3

4 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Actually they do. They had no leverage until Aaron said publicly he wants to play for the Jets. Greenbay FO can sit and say “well Aaron is ready to go so give us more than what you offered and we can wrap this up. If not then it looks bad on you to have Aaron waiting. ”

He said he intends to play for the jets since the packers have decided to move on from him. That whole interview was done to let the world know the packers made the decision and he isn’t wanted in GB. GB, until that interview happened, had the shield of people thinking that Rodgers hadn’t made a decision yet. That facade is done now. All the pressure has been put on GB now.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

A Jets fan calling the Green Bay Packers an “incompetent franchise” is a little much. Calm down. 

yes remember Zach Wilson is still our starting QB. So what is worse being Green Bay with a Salary Cap issue or The Jets with Zach Wilson as their starting QB right now.

What now I would say the Jets

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Team archer said:

No they do not.  The Jets have been the only team in on a trade for AR.  If they do not trade him he either retires on stays on GB.  Both of those situations screw them cap wise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let’s face it Green Bay is an incompetent franchise in terms of contracts and team building.

Yes, they got extremely lucky in Farve and Rogers but as far as handling Rogers recently they are a joke!

First, they give a guy a crazy contract that basically hamstrings the organization

Second, they tell the world that they in-effect no longer want Rogers.

Third, everyone knows 1 & 2 openly and Green Bay now thinks they will get the 13th pick in the draft.  What a joke!!!!

Think….

Does Green Bay really want to have Rogers show up to camp, give him over $50 Million Dollars, and then have him act as a distraction and literally piss off their fan base and your QB of the future in Love.

You can't make it up this is negotiation at its worse and incompetence at the highest levels..

Get your popcorn ready!!!

LET'S GO JETS!!

I don't think GB got lucky with Favre and Rodgers at all, they were selected and developed by coaches with a great history with QB's.

Transitioning away from a HOF QB is never an easy thing. I wish we were as  incompetent to have won 2 SB's in the last 30 years. 

I think its fair to say that with 2 HOF QB's to have only won 1 SB is not maximizing the QBS they have, but I don't think there was any luck at all in having those two HOF guys as their QB's

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't think GB got lucky with Favre and Rodgers at all, they were selected and developed by coaches with a great history with QB's.

Transitioning away from a HOF QB is never an easy thing. I wish we were as  incompetent to have won 2 SB's in the last 30 years. 

I think its fair to say that with 2 HOF QB's to have only won 1 SB is not maximizing the QBS they have, but I don't think there was any luck at all in having those two HOF guys as their QB's

Your points, sir, are well thought out and compelling, hence why I am banning you from further discussion on this thread! :) 

No, all you have stated is true. I was pointing out the negotiations with Rogers right now, not his procurement or development.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let’s face it Green Bay is an incompetent franchise in terms of contracts and team building.

Yes, they got extremely lucky in Farve and Rogers but as far as handling Rogers recently they are a joke!

First, they give a guy a crazy contract that basically hamstrings the organization

Second, they tell the world that they in-effect no longer want Rogers.

Third, everyone knows 1 & 2 openly and Green Bay now thinks they will get the 13th pick in the draft.  What a joke!!!!

Think….

Does Green Bay really want to have Rogers show up to camp, give him over $50 Million Dollars, and then have him act as a distraction and literally piss off their fan base and your QB of the future in Love.

You can't make it up this is negotiation at its worse and incompetence at the highest levels..

Get your popcorn ready!!!

LET'S GO JETS!!

How many years ago was Superbowl III?  I forget the old argument back on Jets' Insider was it even called the Superbowl then?

I agree with your point, to a degree, on the contract.  However, let's be honest though.  A star QB, has their team by the short hairs.  Brady never really exercised his leverage.  Rodgers did.  as a GM, are you going to cur/trade a QB coming off a 4000 yard 37 TD and 4 INT season?  Doubt it.  

I believe in the short term this is the best possible move for the Jets.  Next year, in 12 of your 17 games, you have the QB advantage.  The other five you can debate.  With a fully engaged Rodgers, you should be fighting for the #1 seed.  

The Jets franchise is literally trading for this guy that you and I quote, "give him over $50 Million Dollars, and then have him act as a distraction and literally piss off their fan base".  He has a 58 million option bonus waiting to be picked up before week 1.  

Again, I see this working for a year and then ayahuasca A-A-Ron takes over.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Yeah, because if Jets call their bluff and A-rod shows up to camp due 50 ,mllion? haha

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Team archer said:

The Packers have 0 leverage.  Rodgers retires they die in dead money.  He shows up to play the die from their cap hit.  All for a player they don’t want.  
Jets can say sorry AR your former team doesn’t want to negotiate fairly and sign one of the lesser available QBs.  
If I’m the Jets I lower the offer.  Give them a 3rd this year and another next that can escalate to a 2nd.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The Packers made a huge mistake giving Rodgers the monster extension last year.  I'm not really sure how they didn't foresee they would be moving on and starting the Jordan Love era a year later.

it's the same reason the Jets are going to take that extension on

at this point the idea of Aaron Rodgers is better than the actual Aaron Rodgers

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The Packers have 0 leverage.   

Im not like a big cap guy but when all this was getting started people said it would be better for the Packers if Aaron Rodgers gets traded after June 1.

The Packers do have leverage in that this is a wink and a handshake deal, but nothing could be finalized for months. They could just leave JD and the Jets out to dry. The Jets, having no better options, could call their bluff on June 2.

the Packers are rebuilding with Love it's not like they are under any pressure to do anything, really. The Jets meanwhile have created all this hype and the fans could literally lose our minds by June 1 

that thread will be like 8000 pages long by then 

Both teams and neither teams have the leverage.  Anyone that thinks the packers have no leverage and Douglas is going to steam roll them is naive as hell.

The Jets had all the leverage before all the other viable QBs went off the market.  The Jets are now 100% committed to Rodgers but doing it before a deal has been made just weakens them.

The Packers can wait for a long time on this and let the jets twist in the wind.  It is the jets that are totally in win now mode not the packers.

Both teams are up against if for different reasons, one team will blink.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Packers have 0 leverage.  Rodgers retires they die in dead money.  He shows up to play the die from their cap hit.  All for a player they don’t want.  
Jets can say sorry AR your former team doesn’t want to negotiate fairly and sign one of the lesser available QBs.  
If I’m the Jets I lower the offer.  Give them a 3rd this year and another next that can escalate to a 2nd.  

GB sees the Jets loading up to make a run and a FIRED UP Rodgers ready to make a playoff run, which GB will be unable to match with Love.... And they are scared!! Add to that JD getting Rodgers for a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year that can become a 2nd for Rodgers last year. Press & Fan base is going to kill them on this.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Im not like a big cap guy but when all this was getting started people said it would be better for the Packers if Aaron Rodgers gets traded after June 1.

The Packers do have leverage in that this is a wink and a handshake deal, but nothing could be finalized for months. They could just leave JD and the Jets out to dry. The Jets, having no better options, could call their bluff on June 2.

the Packers are rebuilding with Love it's not like they are under any pressure to do anything, really. The Jets meanwhile have created all this hype and the fans could literally lose our minds by June 1 

They hold off to June 2nd the Jets will have moved on or would only take Rodgers for a 2026 7th round pick.

Or they move on to a Lamar Jackson, Stafford type 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Press & Fan base is going to kill them on this.

I don't know if you've ever met anyone from Wisconsin but the Packers fan base is hugely polite. Shoot, they've conned half of these cheese eaters into buying worthless stock in it, like they are owners. 

Packers don't turn on their team. They trust the execs, that they elected. It is an original NFL franchise, and it has the hardware to back it up. 

in other words they aren't like us. There's no baying mob in Wisconsin going to come after the owner. The Town owns the team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

GB sees the Jets loading up to make a run and a FIRED UP Rodgers ready to make a playoff run, which GB will be unable to match with Love.... And they are scared!! Add to that JD getting Rodgers for a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year that can become a 2nd for Rodgers last year. Press & Fan base is going to kill them on this.

They have themselves to thank.  Their fanbase is going to kill them for creating this mess.  Rodgers was set to retire and then GB dumped on him and now he wants to play.  With a chip on his shoulder, even better.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

They hold off to June 2nd the Jets will have moved on or would only take Rodgers for a 2026 7th round pick.

Or they move on to a Lamar Jackson, Stafford type 

Really? Is JD really going to move on? This thing comes from the top. Woody doesn't want Lamar or Stafford, he wants Aaron Rodgers. 

That's the Packers' leverage, the Jets have no real Plan B. Or they think Zach is good enough to be that guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So hold out for the Jets #13 overall pick in the 2023 draft by waiting until June to deal him while holding a pissed off Rodgers hostage.  

I think Rodgers creates the pressure. They want a clean break but are attempting to save face. We’ll see who blinks but if past performance is any indication, I don’t think it’s JD.

• Upvote 1

If it comes to pissing off Rodgers and getting a better return in a trade for a guy who is already gone the fans will be 95% in favour of a better return.  Rodgers has jacked around the packers and their fan base for a number of years now.  Oh he will be talked about fondly after he is gone but you do what is best for your team, once a guy is out the door, see ya.

Just now, bitonti said:

I don't know if you've ever met anyone from Wisconsin but the Packers fan base is hugely polite. Shoot, they've conned half of these cheese eaters into buying worthless stock in it, like they are owners. 

Packers don't turn on their team. They trust the execs, that they elected. It is an original NFL franchise, and it has the hardware to back it up. 

in other words they aren't like us. There's no baying mob in Wisconsin going to come after the owner. The Town owns the team. 

Bit is right. I wont get into IQ numbers or others metrics but the cheezers are a different bunch. They certainly are different in most ways to JetNation. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, shuler82 said:

So hold out for the Jets #13 overall pick in the 2023 draft by waiting until June to deal him while holding a pissed off Rodgers hostage.  

I think Rodgers creates the pressure. They want a clean break but are attempting to save face. We’ll see who blinks but if past performance is any indication, I don’t think it’s JD.

That much is true if they hold out til June they are getting 2024 draft picks 

But again they also get a bunch of cap relief, so it is in their interest to wait. 

JD is an interesting fella because he's usually a total bastard in trade negotiations but he's nearing the end of his own contract and doesn't have much to show for it at all. 

Imagine if JD makes it to June on a handshake deal with Rodgers, and then Rodgers retires.

The pressure is on JD to close a deal. Not on the Packers to do anything. The longer they wait the more cap relief they get. 

Pretty interesting. You’d think the thought of having to pay a guy 50 million who you have no intention of using would be enough incentive to get a deal done. That 50 million has to be worth something in draft picks. But one play I haven’t heard is if the jets went out and signed a different qb. It would have to something of a wink and nod type deal to make sure Rodgers knows he’s just a place holder. That would let the jets go through the OTAs with another qb besides Zach.

• Upvote 2