No Green Bay Doesn't know What they are doing!!!

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Brian Gutekunst, Matt LF and the head of football operations all got long term extensions before last season 

JD meanwhile is in year 5 of 6. 

Their guys have less hot seats than our guys 

JD is starting year 4 of 6.  
Thats 3 more seasons

Regardless, he’s not getting fired

• Upvote 3

Just now, Mogglez said:

It would suck, but they’re not going to give a stupid amount of compensation up because of “fan desire”.  The Jets are, also, not going to wait until June 1st or later to have a QB in place.  The only people who seem to believe otherwise are Packers fans and Jets fans here who don’t want this to happen for whatever absurd reason.

Fan desire no, owner desire yes. 

The Jets big fail is not setting and adhering to time limits, our leverage is gone and now we are going to twist.

The Jets needed to put a time limit to Rodgers and the packers and stick to it, they didn't and they have start acting as if they had rodgers before they actually got him.

Once the other top QBs went the jets leverage plumetted, and the packers know this.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets big fail is not setting and adhering to time limits, our leverage is gone and now we are going to twist.

The Jets needed to put a time limit to Rodgers and the packers and stick to it, they didn't and they have start acting as if they had rodgers before they actually got him.

Once the other top QBs went the jets leverage plumetted, and the packers know this.

Jets leverage is still sky high compared to Green Bay ... Stafford's name is still being floated.

• Upvote 3

Jets can always sign another QB.... as distasteful as it would be... GB would get 90% of the blame...

GB can't handle a 60-75 Million dollar cap hit depending on whether they just bench him or he retires.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Skeptable said:

Jets can always sign another QB.... as distasteful as it would be... GB would get 90% of the blame...

GB can't handle a 60-75 Million dollar cap hit depending on whether they just bench him or he retires.

Oh this is what Douglas is saying to the packers.  And the packers are laughing at this point and saying, no you're not.

If the Jets had pressed the issue much earlier they would have viably played the we will get someone else card.  That time has passed.

Not getting Rodgers now would be the ultimate disaster for the Jets, the packers know this and are going to make it tough on the jets, even when they should have little leverage.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do you really feel at this point the Jets are going to back out?  Or is this wishful thinking?  The Jets are not backing out they are committed to Rodgers in basically every way.

Flip the script and ask yourself the same question….as the GBP are committed to getting rid of Rodgers in every way

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Jets leverage is still sky high compared to Green Bay ... Stafford's name is still being floated.

The Jets spent all off season trying to convince rodgers to be the guy, they have signed his buddy, they have taken a list of guys he wants and are working on it.  Saying we are going to get stafford is a lame bluff and the packers know it.

In any case the packers do not need to be in any hurry so be prepared to twist in the wind.

• Thumb Down 1

Oh this is what Douglas is saying to the packers.  And the packers are laughing at this point and saying, no you're not.

If the Jets had pressed the issue much earlier they would have viably played the we will get someone else card.  That time has passed.

Not getting Rodgers now would be the ultimate disaster for the Jets, the packers know this and are going to make it tough on the jets, even when they should have little leverage.

No it wouldn't its already a PR disaster for the Packers... Did you even watch or hear the McAfee show or are you just speculating... Because Packers came out losing huge after the show...

If you haven't seen it take a minute and watch... you will see how little leverage they have because you could see that Rodgers was getting a little upset that it wasn't done and he is blaming the Packers... If he wants he can downright ruin this year for them. So no they have no leverage

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah, so the Packers can hold onto AR, right?  And can start cutting players while they keep the Jets in a holding mode because it’s smart to keep Rodgers and his cap number on he Packers while playing games with the Jets.  

Smart plan and another reason the Packers have 0 leverage other than in the minds of Packer fans and Rodgers haters here

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Flip the script and ask yourself the same question….as the GBP are committed to getting rid of Rodgers in every way

As I've said elsewhere, both teams have no leverage.  The Jets had leverage until they waited too long.  Setting no deadlines and you get this situation.

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

People were fake concerned for me and my depression so in reply I'm fake concerned for your manic depression 

i never did say you needed help though

you did say "enough" though which is basically like telling people to shut up 

Bitonti:

Serious talk, you OK?

When people mention depression and so on, I take notice.  Is everything alright?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, so the Packers can hold onto AR, right?  And can start cutting players while they keep the Jets in a holding mode because it’s smart to keep Rodgers and his cap number on he Packers while playing games with the Jets.  
Smart plan and another reason the Packers have 0 leverage other than in the minds of Packer fans and Rodgers haters here

You guys keep looking at this ONLY from the Packers point of vies and are treating it as i the jets can just walk away, they can;t they are committed and you all know it.  Just like the packers know it.

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You guys keep looking at this ONLY from the Packers point of vies and are treating it as i the jets can just walk away, they can;t they are committed and you all know it.  Just like the packers know it.

Jets can absolutely walk away if the Packers want say 2 1sts.  The Packers can’t operate with Rodgers on the roster.  They can’t wait until June.  They can’t wait while FAs they want sign elsewhere because Rodgers is sucking up the cap and forcing the Pack to cut players instead of signing FAs.  .  
Stepping down to a Stafford, whoever isn’t as big a hit to the Jets compared to not being to field a team like the Pack will struggle to do. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Jets can absolutely walk away if the Packers want say 2 1sts.  The Packers can’t operate with Rodgers on the roster.  They can wait until June.  They can’t wait while FAs they want sign elsewhere because Rodgers is sucking up the cap and forcing the Pack to cut players.  
Stepping down to a Stafford, whoever isn’t as big a hit to the Jets compared to not being to field a team 

Aaron Rodgers is going to be the jets QB next year whether we get the huge bargain every one is speculating on or if we have to pay more than we want.  Stafford or 'whoever' is not an option not in the least and everyone , from the fan base to the jets front office to rodgers himself to the packers knows this.

• Green Bay is not bringing him back out of spite.
  • Green Bay loses 2023 draft comp if they wait past the draft
  • Jets can wait until OTA's before this has any negative impact on them

Not great position for either but advantage Jets.  

Jets singing Lazard was a big move for them.  Showing GB and the league they're willing to run FA as if Rodgers was coming and the players see it that way too.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Aaron Rodgers is going to be the jets QB next year whether we get the huge bargain every one is speculating on or if we have to pay more than we want.  Stafford or 'whoever' is not an option not in the least and everyone , from the fan base to the jets front office to rodgers himself to the packers knows this.

The only people that know this are you and Bit.  The Jets are not coughing up #13, Sauce and Garrett just because of optics.  JD has never, ever shown a willingness to overpay out of how it might look to fans.  Honestly, I doubt he gives a rat's ass about how the fans feel.  As he shouldn't.

If GB asks for too much, the deal doesn't happen.  Both teams move on as best they can.  But GB will have a Jordan Love problem with no easy solution.  Most of their fans are saying the team should have traded Rodgers last year when he had more value.  Not getting it done now because of squabbling over compensation will inflame that fan base as much as it will ours.  No winners.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The only people that know this are you and Bit.  The Jets are not coughing up #13, Sauce and Garrett just because of optics.  JD has never, ever shown a willingness to overpay out of how it might look to fans.  Honestly, I doubt he gives a rat's ass about how the fans feel.  As he shouldn't.

If GB asks for too much, the deal doesn't happen.  Both teams move on as best they can.  But GB will have a Jordan Love problem with no easy solution.  Most of their fans are saying the team should have traded Rodgers last year when he had more value.  Not getting it done now because of squabbling over compensation will inflame that fan base as much as it will ours.  No winners.

What is too much to give up and what is reasonable?  Let's start there.  Then after the fact we can see if the jets got played or not.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is too much to give up and what is reasonable?  Let's start there.  Then after the fact we can see if the jets got played or not.

I went on record.

• 2023 2nd
  • 2024 conditional 4th up to 3rd (playoffs and Rodgers still on team at start of league year 2024), up to 2nd possibly with AFCCG or SB appearance and Rodgers on roster.

That's not counting impact of any players included or cash moving either way.  I have nothing to base it on, but it feels like a fair deal to me.  If it's higher than that by much, I'd be disappointed.

What's your take?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The only option off the table is Rodgers staying with the Pack.  I have no clue why this is so hard to admit and accept.  The fanbase be damned.  This team will win with a healthy Stafford shutting up the fanbase.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let’s face it Green Bay is an incompetent franchise in terms of contracts and team building.

Yes, they got extremely lucky in Farve and Rogers but as far as handling Rogers recently they are a joke!

First, they give a guy a crazy contract that basically hamstrings the organization

Second, they tell the world that they in-effect no longer want Rogers.

Third, everyone knows 1 & 2 openly and Green Bay now thinks they will get the 13th pick in the draft.  What a joke!!!!

Think….

Does Green Bay really want to have Rogers show up to camp, give him over $50 Million Dollars, and then have him act as a distraction and literally piss off their fan base and your QB of the future in Love.

You can't make it up this is negotiation at its worse and incompetence at the highest levels..

Get your popcorn ready!!!

LET'S GO JETS!!

Let's not forget that there is many fans on here for day that argues for Joe just to get it done pay the money, pay the draft capital etc ..

Thankful for us not being run by these lunatics and idiots any longe live joe!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I went on record.

• 2023 2nd
  • 2024 conditional 4th up to 3rd (playoffs and Rodgers still on team at start of league year 2024), up to 2nd possibly with AFCCG or SB appearance and Rodgers on roster.

That's not counting impact of any players included or cash moving either way.  I have nothing to base it on, but it feels like a fair deal to me.  If it's higher than that by much, I'd be disappointed.

What's your take?

What you say should be looked at as a good deal and a win for the jets.

I'm saying it is a 2 and then a conditional 1 or 2 next year.  I would have said less but the Jets who held ALL the cards waited too long, did not set a deadline and actually gave the packers leverage by their deeds and actions.

In any case even if the jets pay more than they should have that will be forgotten in short order as the excitement of next year approaches.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know how many times I need reiterate that this deal falling through might hurt the Jets in the short term and will absolutely kill the Packers in the long-term, but I’ll be happy to keep doing it.

Woody Johnson is not going to make Joe Douglas cough up multiple first round picks and players for Aaron Rodgers, no matter how much you or Bit want to believe it to be true.

You and nycdan are upping the anti by a lot now to bolster your arguments.  What is a good price to pay what is a bad price to pay?

How will the jets stand if they leave rodgers at the altar and try and get Stafford?  it is not happening.  Any jets scenerio that does not include rodgers as the qb next year is hollow,, they have crossed that bridge, the packers are now going to be assholes about it, as is their right.

2 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

Yes.  If I am Joe D I call them today and lower my offer.  GB literally has no leverage. 

Jets are also in a tough spot but theoretically we could just move on and trade for stafford. That would leave the packers with zero picks, potentially a cap disaster and training camp chaos if  Rodgers shows up. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You and nycdan are upping the anti by a lot now to bolster your arguments.  What is a good price to pay what is a bad price to pay?

How will the jets stand if they leave rodgers at the altar and try and get Stafford?  it is not happening.  Any jets scenerio that does not include rodgers as the qb next year is hollow,, they have crossed that bridge, the packers are now going to be assholes about it, as is their right.

Because you are determined to see events only as bungling by the Jets.

Have you considered that Mark Murphy's comments from a few days back were possibly far more damaging to GB's position than anything the Jets did or didn't do?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I’m not upping anything.  I was given a proposal weeks ago, that I posted here, and believe will be the deal, or very close to it.  That proposal was a 2nd this year, a conditional 3rd next year, that can become a 1st, based on playoff success, and Corey Davis.  Anything involving pick 13 for Rodgers, and only Rodgers is a slight overpay, IMO.

Ultimately, I think that proposal gets it done, but the Jets will end up eating more of the contract than they originally planned on eating.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not upping anything.  I was given a proposal weeks ago, that I posted here, and believe will be the deal, or very close to it.  That proposal was a 2nd this year, a conditional 3rd next year, that can become a 1st, based on playoff success, and Corey Davis.  Anything involving pick 13 for Rodgers, and only Rodgers is a slight overpay, IMO.

Ultimately, I think that proposal gets it done, but the Jets will end up eating more of the contract than they originally planned on eating.

Agreed.

And yes, please get Corey Davis to GB.  I never want to see him drop another pass for the NYJ.

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  • Green Bay is not bringing him back out of spite.
  • Green Bay loses 2023 draft comp if they wait past the draft
  • Jets can wait until OTA's before this has any negative impact on them

Not great position for either but advantage Jets.  

Jets singing Lazard was a big move for them.  Showing GB and the league they're willing to run FA as if Rodgers was coming and the players see it that way too.

The nuclear option—in which the Jets tell Gutenkunst to eat sh*t—absolutely wrecks the Packers franchise, both financially and aesthetically. The Packers would be trapped at the mercy of an extreeeeemely bitter Rodgers, hoping he, out of the kindness of his heart, agrees to restructure his entire contract to *only* eat up $50 mil in dead money for the next three seasons. The Jets can reasonably pivot to Tannehill at lesser cost and still get their 8-9 wins. The media—who currently has a bloodlust hatred for Rodgers—will pin it all on him anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let’s face it Green Bay is an incompetent franchise in terms of contracts and team building.

Yes, they got extremely lucky in Farve and Rogers but as far as handling Rogers recently they are a joke!

First, they give a guy a crazy contract that basically hamstrings the organization

Second, they tell the world that they in-effect no longer want Rogers.

Third, everyone knows 1 & 2 openly and Green Bay now thinks they will get the 13th pick in the draft.  What a joke!!!!

Think….

Does Green Bay really want to have Rogers show up to camp, give him over $50 Million Dollars, and then have him act as a distraction and literally piss off their fan base and your QB of the future in Love.

You can't make it up this is negotiation at its worse and incompetence at the highest levels..

Get your popcorn ready!!!

LET'S GO JETS!!

Well stated Charlie

• Sympathy 1