The Packers are delusional

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

They do have shared interest.  If they didn't they wouldn't be in trade talks.  They have different goals in how the trade is structured.  The league wants a deal done and Rodgers to play football on the Jets next year because that's what the Packers, Jets and Rodgers want and it's good for ad revenue which is good for the league, the Jets and the Packers.  

All the league cares about is making money. Rodgers on the Jets will not make them any more money than if he was on the Packers. The league makes money from tv deals that are already in place. 

Also, I think the Packers would rather have Rodgers retire bc if he plays great and Live doesn't they all might get fired as well. 

• WTF? 1

13 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Completely wrong.  The Jets should not care at all if this drags out.  The longer it goes, the better the Jets position is.  If it goes past the draft, great.  We keep all of our picks this year to continue building the team.  Past the start of otas?  Who cares. AR already knows the offense.  If Rogers shows up to GB training camp, what does GB do then?  If he gets hurt in camp, GB is screwed.  And if he is in the roster on 9/2, AR kills GB's cap.  They can't move forward until Rogers is off their cap.

They lose.  Period.  Full stop.

You nailed it. JD made his offer, Rodgers is a go on it, Gutekunst knows "take it or leave it". JD needs to continue to act "as if" it's a done deal as he continues to build the team up during the rest of the off-season/NFL draft. 

And if Gutekunst wants to cut his nose off to spite his face, we have a team in place for all other QB options that become available, even if it's Zach (which I still kind of speculate was the plan all along). 

Gutekunst made this personal. He despises Rodgers, and Rodgers hates him. That's why his "wish list" was all players drafted before 2018. They all hate Gutekunst, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

You called Rodgers a "vax moron". 

I watched good people lose their businesses, had their lives and families destroyed, lost their jobs because of your "warped worldview". 

Rodgers is a man who deserves respect. 

@Maxman flagging this. See this going down a bad lane

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not the forum for vaccine debates because they are highly political  ... but a lot a published reports are available on their efficacy and risk/analysis, confirmed side effects and excess deaths in relation to this topic.   Dr. John Campbell is worth following for anyone interested.

I agree Rodgers should be respected 100%.

There's no excess deaths because of vaccines. Enough with this sh*t

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

I watched good people lose their businesses, had their lives and families destroyed, lost their jobs because of your "warped worldview". 

Funny, how when someone disagrees with you, they have a "warped worldview."

If someone is stupid enough to lose their business because they're too scared to get a jab, I don't know what to say about them

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 3

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Talking to GB fans is awful.

Having fans tell us that the dead cap he will have if he just plays one year isn’t that big of a deal.

That GB owed AR nothing bc they’ve paid him in his career.

That we should be lucky they’re even talking to us in negotiations and haven’t just walked away.

Etc.

Truly delusional.

Can’t think of a fanbase I want more to go into a QB issue for years and years than them. I hope Love us grange and the several options after him are garbage too.

Even before this, the fact that they went from Favre to Rodgers means they should be forced to have QB issues for the next 100 years. The league wants parity, right?

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  Rodgers deserves a lot of respect.  He stood his ground in a world that was overwhelmed with propaganda (e.g. "Granny killer!")

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I understand that a defining feature of this kind of guy is that they're constitutionally incapable of shutting the **** up, but honestly, how long do the rest of us have to listen to this crap

Uhm, how long did we have to put up with vaccine commercials saying "safe and effective"?!  As a matter of fact, they're still going on.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

The guy is a narcissist.  He's bright and cryptic and totally self serving.  He can sling the rock and if we get him that's all I care about.  He hates the Packers, despises their history of team accomplishment.  Describing himself as  the greatest player in team history said alot about Mr. Rodgers.  The Packers are Title town and they are owned by the fans.  They are the ultimate team organization.  Rodgers is the ultimate me guy.  

The side to his story that he doesn't see is he could have had a real conversation with the Packers after the season but instead decided to feel butt hurt because they didn't want to wait on him to come out of the darkness when he was "90 Percent" retired.  

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:51 PM, kevinc855 said:

This isn’t going to end well for them

1) Dragging this out will annoy much of their good hearted fan base who still like AR and are ready to end the drama 

2) AR said Jets. Packers got no leverage to demand 2 firsts. You can get your second rounder or pay AR and have a disgruntled QB who said he doesn’t want to play for you and get nothing. 

3) Jets don’t need to budge. AR is a season vet who doesn’t need a whole camp. 

I don’t get what the packers are doing.

I hope JD brakes them like a pretzel 

J and J Snack Super Baked Soft Pretzel, 2.5 Ounce -- 100 per case.image.jpeg.dc6f3c3f914ac041e1f5b6b532686db2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2023 at 8:31 AM, Biggs said:

You are ignoring the fact that Packers and the Jets are partners in a business.  There are interests in play here that go beyond the two GM's.  The league wants this deal.  The Packers want this deal and so do the Jets.  They need to work it out.  Public posturing has zero to do with it. 

We don't know what is holding this up...   I can't imagine it's the Packers simply holding a grudge.   We know what's at stake for Jets management if this deal doesn't go through and they don't make the playoffs again.   But the Packers entire team under performed last year.  That staff isn't yet on thin ice but it certainly isn't thick ice like it was last year.   If they get stuck with the PR nightmare that would be Rodgers showing up to camp and carrying that financial burden into future years heads will roll in GB as well.  This deal will get done and probably well before the draft.

9 hours ago, ptisme said:

We don't know what is holding this up...   I can't imagine it's the Packers simply holding a grudge.   We know what's at stake for Jets management if this deal doesn't go through and they don't make the playoffs again.   But the Packers entire team under performed last year.  That staff isn't yet on thin ice but it certainly isn't thick ice like it was last year.   If they get stuck with the PR nightmare that would be Rodgers showing up to camp and carrying that financial burden into future years heads will roll in GB as well.  This deal will get done and probably well before the draft.

If I’m JD, I go into the Draft with my 3 top 43 picks and select my future starting Center, DT (or OT) and WR. If GB wants my 4th round pick in 2023 and my 3rd next year that can become a 2nd with certain attainable performance goals for Rodgers(GP or Snap %). If he plays in 2025 then same deal as 2024.

5 weeks from Saturday, JD can start looking to plan B if GB deal hasn’t moved forward. Trade for  LJ, Tannehill, Stafford or sign FA Bridgewater. Let GB work out their issues with Rodgers before the start of the season.

• Sympathy 1

My point is we have no idea whether it’s the packers or the jets that are delusional.   We know some fans on both sides are delusional.   My guess: the baseline deal was Moore and the second rounder for Rodgers.   But the Packers didn’t want Moore because of the off the field stuff involving Matt LaFleurs brother.    So the jets traded Moore, swapping a 3rd for a second.   The jets Packers deal will be Rodgers and the packers third for the two second rounders.   Anything more than that and I’m happy and anything less and I’m not thrilled.   JMO we’ll see 

26 minutes ago, ptisme said:

My point is we have no idea whether it’s the packers or the jets that are delusional.   We know some fans on both sides are delusional.   My guess: the baseline deal was Moore and the second rounder for Rodgers.   But the Packers didn’t want Moore because of the off the field stuff involving Matt LaFleurs brother.    So the jets traded Moore, swapping a 3rd for a second.   The jets Packers deal will be Rodgers and the packers third for the two second rounders.   Anything more than that and I’m happy and anything less and I’m not thrilled.   JMO we’ll see 

I’d step off the rubber if that’s the offer. I wouldn’t give up two 2’s this year without the guarantee Rodgers doesn’t retire next season. Hoping this gets resolved soon. I would expect the Owners Meeting will be of great interest. MacAfee or someone mentioned Rodgers will be in NY next week.

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’d step off the rubber if that’s the offer. I wouldn’t give up two 2’s this year without the guarantee Rodgers doesn’t retire next season. Hoping this gets resolved soon. I would expect the Owners Meeting will be of great interest. Macanese or someone mentioned Rodgers will be in NY next week.

Hopefully it gets resolved then.   I personally and selfishly would love for there to be no conditional picks so I don’t have to pay attention to what his plans are next year.   Tired of it Year after year.  

The suspense of 5 more weeks of this is killer. But in reality it helps us big time to wait. Having 13, 42 and 43 is huge for us. We keep those and add 3 nice pieces can only help.

GB wants to wait. Now assuming we still get AR... that 43rd pick we offered you that is a 2nd is now likely going to be a late 50s early 60s pick. So by you waiting you moved back 25-30 spots in the draft. Real smart.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think they will lose with Love.

Love wasn't even good at Utah State.  But who knows.  Their track record with QBs over the last 30+ years has been flawless to date.

If Love bombs, that's their problem though.

I only care about getting over this hurdle so we can get Rodgers in the building.

Speaking of Utah State:

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-player-josh-davis-utah-state-cardiac-arrest

image.thumb.png.6b4d4e38e24b061af20a443dc643fd8e.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1