OT: March Madness discussion

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Do you get any pleasure out of pointing out to your kids when they are wrong? 

2021 Tourney.  Kansas lost in the second round 2 years ago.  Kentucky did not make the Tourney that year.

The little rat got the last laugh. I read her text wrong….

It’s the first time in 50 years (3rd time ever) that neither Duke, UNC, Kentucky nor Kansas reached the Sweet 16

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s the first time in 50 years (3rd time ever) that neither Duke, UNC, Kentucky nor Kansas reached the Sweet 16

Can never outsmart daughters.

sons - dumb as a bag of hammers.

daughters will get you every time

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

She is still wrong.  None of those teams made the Sweet 16 in that same 2021 Tourney.  Duke and Kentucky missed the tournament.  UNC lost in first round.  Kansas in 2nd round.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

We are in this together at this point.  My daughter couldn't care less about basketball, so I am living vicariously through you.

I created a monster. She has 6 week old twins, just moved into a new home yesterday, and had two tv’s going in her den with the hoops and the Ranger game last night, lol.

The only issue I have is she followed my dad with football and roots for the Giants.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I created a monster. She has 6 week old twins, just moved into a new home yesterday, and had two tv’s going in her den with the hoops and the Ranger game last night, lol.

The only issue I have is she followed my dad with football and roots for the Giants.

Twins - God bless.

my grandson was over today - kid is a pisser.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Congrats on the grandkids.

My son shares my love of sports and the Jets.  And we are determined to pass that on to his son, who is 2 1/2 now.  Lousy Sunday afternoons in the fall are a Lith family tradition, soon to span 3 generations.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Princeton -Creighton is the kind of game where I really don’t care who wins. I like them both.

i’ll be rooting for the winner on Sunday though.

Go Princeton. Huge few weeks for them. Kid wrestling out of the 125 lb division for them just won their first national title in something like 70 years and they have a WR that might be their highest draft pick since the 60s.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Congrats on the grandkids.

My son shares my love of sports and the Jets.  And we are determined to pass that on to his son, who is 2 1/2 now.  Lousy Sunday afternoons in the fall are a Lith family tradition, soon to span 3 generations.  

I believe that’s a form of child abuse Lmao.  

Let them pick their own team.  If they happen to pick jets then so be it. I came out the womb in a jets helmet, and I can’t forgive my father for that. 35 years later and I’ve seen a grand total of 3 good seasons of jets football.

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Trotter Loading up on K St. and Nowell in the game at the Garden. I have no idea with the Zags and Huskies game, although I’ll be pulling for UConn.

Going with k st myself.

have a futures bet for zaga at +1100 so obviously I am going there.

good luck

• Upvote 1

Huskies are the play for me.  and the under.  I think they win by double digits.  Dont know what to make of K St -Fla Atl. Line has moved toward Fla Atl all day long.  Lean to the over on it. Fla Atl has been tremendous.  But for me UConn is the play.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Huskies are the play for me.  and the under.  I think they win by double digits.  Dont know what to make of K St -Fla Atl. Line has moved toward Fla Atl all day long.  Lean to the over on it. Fla Atl has been tremendous.  But for me UConn is the play.

Good luck to you.

uconn certainly looks to be the best right now.

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

They are the consensus tournament favorite right now, but the Zags seem to have 9 lives. Have they used them all yet?

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They seem to be the consensus tournament favorite, but the Zags seem to have 9 lives. Have they used them all yet?

I cant see how they win here. The UCLA game was phenomenal. But UCLA was shorthanded and ran out of gas. That's not happening to Huskies, IMO.  Ive been wrong a plenty.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I cant see how they win here. The UCLA game was phenomenal. But UCLA was shorthanded and ran out of gas. That's not happening to Huskies, IMO.  Ive been wrong a plenty.

I don’t know how wrong you are D. For what it’s worth, if I win with K State I’m going to throw a little something on the Huskies.

I loved Creighton and (especially) Texas last night, but I laid off after hitting the early game. I got really annoyed watching those two coast later on. ?