OT: March Madness discussion

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Coaching matters, LSU putting up over 100, amazing.

I’m not a big eff-them-refs guy, but once the refs decided that Iowa’s bigs weren’t going to be allowed to defend LSU’s bigs in the paint without getting whistled, it was all over. What a travesty. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m not a big eff-them-refs guy, but once the refs decided that Iowa’s bigs weren’t going to be allowed to defend LSU’s bigs in the paint without getting whistled, it was all over. What a travesty. 

So they thought it was the NBA all of a sudden?

• Haha 2

My daughter is aggravating me today, ?.

She has UConn winning her pool along with 3 other people, so if they win the final score will decide who wins. If she doesn’t get the score right, she gets back her $50 entry fee.

If the Huskies lose however, she wins the entire $250 first place prize. I told her she has a middle, and to bet at least $1250 on UConn tonight which guarantees her winning that amount, but she wants to win the entire amount.

Now I’m stuck rooting for the Aztecs.

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

My daughter is aggravating me today, ?.

She has UConn winning her pool along with 3 other people, so if they win the final score will decide who wins. If she doesn’t get the score right, she gets back her $50 entry fee.

If the Huskies lose however, she wins the entire $250 first place prize. I told her she has a middle, and to bet at least $1250 on UConn tonight which guarantees her winning that amount, but she wants to win the entire amount.

Now I’m stuck rooting for the Aztecs.

How is she only winning $250 with a $50 entry fee?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

How is she only winning $250 with a $50 entry fee?

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think he dropped a "0".  Probably $2,500.

Yes,  it’s $2500.

Btw she just explained to me it’s not worth playing the middle with the money line, and UConn is favored by 7 1/2, which is why she’s rolling the dice on the Aztecs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes,  it’s $2500.

Btw she just explained to me it’s not worth playing the middle with the money line, and UConn is favored by 7 1/2, which is why she’s rolling the dice on the Aztecs.

Oh OK good. lol  Good Luck hope she wins.

This game is terrible.  I absolutely love the game of basketball and I cannot f’n stand what the college game has become the past 20 years.  Nothing but offensively limited rock fights where people pretend great defense is being played rather than just calling it what it is, fouling so much the refs can’t call everything.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This game is terrible.  I absolutely love the game of basketball and I cannot f’n stand what the college game has become the past 20 years.  Nothing but offensively limited rock fights where people pretend great defense is being played rather than just calling it what it is, fouling so much the refs can’t call everything.

Disagree 1000000%.  The nba is trash. This is real basketball. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

Disagree 1000000%.  The nba is trash. This is real basketball. 

This is not basketball and has nothing to do with the nba. I don’t like the nba either.  This is literally not how the game was intended to be played.  Basketball is supposed to be a free flowing, skilled game.  College basketball resembles neither of those things the majority of the time.

22 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is not basketball and has nothing to do with the nba. I don’t like the nba either.  This is literally not how the game was intended to be played.  Basketball is supposed to be a free flowing, skilled game.  College basketball resembles neither of those things the majority of the time.

Too much dribbling is part of that.  Most of these players aren’t going pro so selfish AAU style play shouldn’t be the goal yet it is.  The original game of basketball had no dribbling.  Moving without the ball is a dying skill. 

However, if you want to restore your faith in the game a bit watch some Bellarmine highlights:  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m with you. I can’t stand the NBA. Strongly prefer college ball. That said, the product is so much worse than what it was. This was a hideous game as expected. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Isn’t that just the San Diego State style of play, though?