OT: March Madness discussion

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

K St and Gonzaga would have made this Final Four so much more appealing.

why?  Huskies are infinitely better than Gonzaga, who TBH was lucky that UCLA was hit with major injuries and couldn't hold up all game.  Unless you enjoy watching the Timme bitch act all the time.  And I like Gonzaga, believe it or not.  They were good to me as I had them on the ML over UCLA.  

K St would have been a good piece for the FF but I think Fla Atl deserves it and has outplayed nearly everyone they've encountered the entire season.  Fun to watch too.  Don't be shocked if they advance.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

why?  Huskies are infinitely better than Gonzaga, who TBH was lucky that UCLA was hit with major injuries and couldn't hold up all game.  Unless you enjoy watching the Timme bitch act all the time.  And I like Gonzaga, believe it or not.  They were good to me as I had them on the ML over UCLA.  

K St would have been a good piece for the FF but I think Fla Atl deserves it and has outplayed nearly everyone they've encountered the entire season.  Fun to watch too.  Don't be shocked if they advance.

KSU had the most exciting little guy in years. Gonzaga always has the most on the line every year at this point. Also I’ll die before I root for anything from Boca and UConn is just a meh university.

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d love to see two Big East teams in the Final Four, even though it still feels weird that Creighton belongs and Miami doesn’t.

Creighton’s cool, Jesuit institutions are always fine by me. Would be dope to see a program that’s never even come close pull off a championship. 

They are playing really well and certainly have earned their spot, but I just can't root for Uconn.  And it is all because of a former boss from about 25 years ago.  The guy was an ass, I hated working for him -- and he was a Uconn grad and season ticket holder.  I just cannot bring myself to root for anything that would make that guy happy.

I know that a lot of time has passed and it is not healthy to hold on to such hostility, but I just can't help it.  Yes, the shadenfraude is strong in me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

They are playing really well and certainly have earned their spot, but I just can't root for Uconn.  And it is all because of a former boss from about 25 years ago.  The guy was an ass, I hated working for him -- and he was a Uconn grad and season ticket holder.  I just cannot bring myself to root for anything that would make that guy happy.

I know that a lot of time has passed and it is not healthy to hold on to such hostility, but I just can't help it.  Yes, the shadenfraude is strong in me.

Had the same issue with a boss from Syracuse.

he was a very nice guy but would always look down on me because I did not go to college.

to this day it is why I can’t stand bieheim and anything Syracuse.

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

K State had there chances. I thought they were about to break it open when they were up 6-7 points but it looked to me like Nowell started to play hero ball for a while there…. Ah well, the kid was feeling it. 
Props to FAU.

Ball hog and it got to his head. NYC hooper and it never fails. Also yelling at guys while shooting free throws. He choked. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ref needed to swallow his whistle there. You can’t decide who goes to the Final Four by calling a hand on hip foul with 1.2 seconds to play.

*actually you can, it’s just a shi**y thing to do.

This 100%. 100% a foul and you 100% do not call that and you 100% let it go to OT. It's the ******* Final Four.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wow. I disagree with that call. Looked like .2, .1 at the worst. I think it’s moot tho, I thought creighton touched it last so 

I agree, I thought the clock showed 0.2. But, like you said, Creighton touched it last. Supposedly they checked the time with a stop watch which means they think the scoreboard official started the clock late.

I have no issues with the call. That was a clear foul. Using a stop watch is silly though. Unless it was an egregious difference with the clock, leave 0.2 on the clock. Wouldn't have changed the outcome.

• Upvote 1