Jets signing Dalvin Cook? 6/9 Update Cook Released

On 7/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

for maltreatment of three pit bulls puppies, ages of eight months and two months. The dogs were chained up with heavy chains and no shelter. The chains were heavy enough that the dogs were unable to move, and the two month old puppies were choking. When asked for identification, Cook stated he did not have it, so the animal control officer on scene brought in a law enforcement officer to assist in identifying Cook.[101]

The summer before his sophomore year, Cook was accused of punching a woman outside of a Tallahassee bar after a confrontation and was charged with assault, to which he pled not guilty. A jury found Cook not guilty, and he was able to return to the football team.[102]

On November 9, 2021, Cook was accused of assault, battery, and false imprisonment to his former girlfriend causing a concussion in November 2020, an allegation which he denies.[103][104] He stated that "only the truth will come out", in response to those allegations.[103]

Multiple times beating women and crueity to animals.  Jets fans are sick for wanting this guy.

😳

How could you treat a puppy like that? 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

In all fairness, let's not be on a high horse and pretend we all root for nothing but Choir Boys. Alot of these guys just never been caught.

That's true, yet I don't think it's just luck that we don't seem to have any guys who just haven't been caught.

I also can't remember the last talented free agent JD signed who had real/rumored off field baggage that they took a chance on redeeming. I believe Cory Davis, who signed with us in 2021, wasn't replaced with Hopkins as being a great example of what they maybe value most in maintaining the character of this team. Which also tells me Cook is not coming...

• Upvote 3

On 7/23/2023 at 1:44 PM, Jetkwondo said:

That's true, yet I don't think it's just luck that we don't seem to have any guys who just haven't been caught.

I also can't remember the last talented free agent JD signed who had real/rumored off field baggage that they took a chance on redeeming. I believe Cory Davis, who signed with us in 2021, wasn't replaced with Hopkins as being a great example of what they maybe value most in maintaining the character of this team. Which also tells me Cook is not coming...

I hear ya, and I'm not judging anyone. I was once their age, too. I'm not sure I wouldn't have done alot of horrible things with 25 million dollars in my bank account. Having said that, I admire greatly the one's who temper their vices and appetites. It's a two way street whether you have money or not, surround yourself with quality, not quantity. Many of us only learn this too late, or not at all. I hope one day everybody gets an opportunity to grow up- and they seize that opportunity. As an example, I think of Mike Tyson. That guy is a miracle. I respect him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

I hear ya, and I'm not judging anyone. I was once their age, too. I'm not sure I wouldn't have done alot of horrible things with 25 million dollars in my bank account. Having said that, I admire greatly the one's who temper their vices and appetites. It's a two way street whether you have money or not, surround yourself with quality, not quantity. Many of us only learn this too late, or not at all. I hope one day everybody gets an opportunity to grow up- and they seize that opportunity. As an example, I think of Mike Tyson. That guy is a miracle. I respect him.

You would have beaten women and abused animals if you were young and rich?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

Awesome post! I also highly respect Mike Tyson for the same exact reasons.

• Upvote 1

Said there is a "high percentage" chance his next team resides in the AFC East 👀
- Those teams have "shown a lot of interest"
- No truth to the rumor #Dolphins put a contract offer on the table for him
- Neither did the #Jets apparently

Rich Cimini

Which brings us to free agent Dalvin Cook. Publicly, the Jets continue to show interest. Saleh said, "You never want to say no to a great player," but he made that comment Thursday -- before new revelations about an alleged domestic violence incident. The Jets always say they put an emphasis on character in player acquisitions. How this impacts their thinking is unclear. Cook does have interest in the Jets, a source close to the situation said.

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

My prediction is JD gives him a call sometime today to touch base. They work out a deal and it’s announced later today or even tomorrow morning/afternoon. And for the sake of Hard Knocks… Cook flies in to Canton and is on our sideline in Jets workout clothes for the HOF game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My prediction is JD gives him a call sometime today to touch base. They work out a deal and it’s announced later today or even tomorrow morning/afternoon. And for the sake of Hard Knocks… Cook flies in to Canton and is on our sideline in Jets workout clothes for the HOF game.

1st he was not going to leave the building w/o signing.  Then it was sometime Monday he will sign.  Now its today or tomorrow.

Sure....................

• 2 weeks later...