Per B. Coz - Jets are waiving Mims if they can't find last-minute trade

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

This is on our crappy coaching staff.

Mims is an introvert. It was obvious in interviews with him on 1JD.

He is very talented and the best blocking WR on the team. 

But our loser HC wants all A personalities. And they were quite honestly completely inept in how they handled him

I am not the biggest Parcells fan, but Mims would have been successful under him.

Braylon Edwards was VERY similar to Mims. Some coaches just cant stand players like Mims. 

The whole multiple position thing was BS. Mims has enough value just from his run blocking.

Mims did not fail. Saleh and loser LaFleur ruined him.

I would not be shocked to see him succeed elsewhere at all. But let's make sure we give the corpse of Cobb a roster spot.

Whatever. Get ready for 5-11

You’re going to blame the CS for him hardly being healthy and when he was healthy pretty much just was useless on the field? 
What coach would like to have a player like Mims on their team?  Parcells would have dumped him a long time ago.  Please list all those WRs that Parcells coached up into success who lacked talent.  Seriously, what makes you think he was a help blocking?  From the bench?  He couldn’t learn plays or stop taking stupid penalties.  What does that have to do with Saleh?  Braylon, you’re comparing Mims to Edwards?  Edwards put up 2 900ish yard seasons and a 1300 yard season before coming to the Jets where he did have another 900 yard season.  Mims?  His high is 350 and then 2 100+ yard seasons.  
I would be totally shocked if he does anything anywhere else.  That’s fantasy world thinking based on nothing more than he’s tall and can run.  Lots lots of WRs who never amount to anything.

Sometimes, most times, players suck because that’s what they are.  Funny, GW had no problems performing with the same CS, as have others.  In fact every draftee along with a number of UDFA’s played better than, contributed more than Mims

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

The hits of 2020 just keep on coming. To all the JD lovers, maybe Mims can hook up with James Morgan in the CFL (China football league).

We’re not as smart as all those who bitch about our GM.  

• More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

@Bronx is saying the only reason why you and anyone else have any hope for this season is because Aaron Rodgers is the QB. Not because of his draft prowess.
It’s a fair point.

I understand but, the roster is far better than it was a couple short years ago regardless of AR. They went and got AR because the roster is good enough to merit the trade. Yes, his first two drafts leave a lot to be desired, no doubt, but look at last year's draft, he could have flubbed those picks too, but he didn't. Going forward we'll see how he does as I'm willing to look past his first draft not just as his rookie draft but one impacted by covid. The question should be has he learned from past mistakes?  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

But our loser HC wants all A personalities. And they were quite honestly completely inept in how they handled him

I am not the biggest Parcells fan, but Mims would have been successful under him.

Braylon Edwards was VERY similar to Mims. Some coaches just cant stand players like Mims. 

The whole multiple position thing was BS. Mims has enough value just from his run blocking.

I would not be shocked to see him succeed elsewhere at all. But let's make sure we give the corpse of Cobb a roster spot.

Free Denzel! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Training camp is starting before everyone else... Here come all the trolls

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With our schedule, I'm thinking 9-8 and possibly the last wildcard spot (or maybe not, considering how good the AFC is).

Go from the worst qb play in the league at 7 wins to top 10 qb play should give more than 2 wins alone 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

While JD has had his moments, you could field a starting team with his missed premium draft picks and terrible FA' acquisitions.   

So could pretty much every GM, every year.

Which terrible FA signings?  Please don’t star with Khalil. That’s just as dumb as any answer can be

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With our schedule, I'm thinking 9-8 and possibly the last wildcard spot (or maybe not, considering how good the AFC is).

You do realize the rest of the division plays pretty much the same schedule, right? 

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes and I think our division is going to be mostly bunched up.  I think we're going to split with all 3 teams in our division.  

So the division will be decided by games against teams outside of the division.  Not by the Jets having a tougher schedule than others.  

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Unquestionably there was attitude from Moore.  He was mistreated and sidelined by this Offense and it's horrible-playing QB and misguided O-Co, and he wasn't going to be silent about it.  Folks love ragging on Moore, for various reasons, some think he dogged it (he didn't) because they (those fans) wanted to defend Zach Wilson (lol), but Moore had a huge upside and we wasted it, then sold it away to the Browns.

Mims too might have cause for beef, the team has not treated him like a high draft pick, they treated him like an UDFA who had to learn all the spots and such before seeing a down, outside of emergency time due to injuries.  The Jets did not do what they should have to make the most of Moore or Mims tbqh.   

Clearly though Mims was not smart enough and/or motivated enough and/or good enough to make the Coaches happy with him to play him.  Honestly, it's probably all of the above, but you still want to see if a HOF QB and his hand-picked O-Co can salvage a physical talent like that.  Certainly over a guy like Cobb at this point, Rodgers security blanket friend or not.

Ultimately, I remain somewhat of the view that we've replicated the Packers too much, i.e. Rodgers and a WR group that isn't good enough as a whole.  Only guy I believe in in this group is Wilson.  But is what it is, I'll just have to wait and see if Lazard is alot better than I think he is as a pass-catcher, and/or if Davis can stay healthy and stop dropping balls.  Rodgers > Wilson is the key here, no excuses now for any Jets WR who plays poorly.

How exactly was he mistreated?  Didn’t get separation and wasn’t thrown the ball?  Couldn’t run crisp routes and didn’t see the ball?  The QB struggled with the passing game in general so he felt he need to take a shlt fit and put himself above his teammates?  Poor guy, I feel for him. 
Mims too, he couldn’t stay on the field so he should have been great different;y than he was treated?  Because players who don’t or can’t learn plays, stop getting called for moronic penalties killing droves and miss most games need to,be coddled.  
Now we’ve replicated the Packers because we’re counting on Lazard to contribute as the #2 or 3 WR?  

I am surprised by this. Maybe they didn't want a Hard Knocks distraction since they knew he wasn't going to make the team. I thought he would get one last chance under a different offense.

Or they figured Rodgers would go ballistic with Mims dropping the ball.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So the division will be decided by games against teams outside of the division.  Not by the Jets having a tougher schedule than others.  

I think the Bills are going to win the AFC East.  My guess is that we'll be fighting for a wildcard spot.

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Uhhh you're the one who mentioned it so that's pretty dumb

No forgetting that JD took over right before the start of the season and Macc left him without a C, or a K.  He needed a C, no one was available worth anything so he took a shot in the dark on a retired pro bowl C who wanted to try again.  It didn’t work, big deal, he tried.  
So yeah, it’s dumb in light of Kwon, Quincy, Reed, etc etc.  understanding the Kahlil signing isn’t dumb and not nearly as dumb as bringing him up as if he was JDs only signing. 😎

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Did it ever occur to you guys that this is a Rogers call? I have no doubt AR made the call. He wants some.one else in that spot or at least someone with more upside than what mims had shown. It's a good move all around

No.

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No forgetting that JD took over right before the start of the season and Macc left him without a C, or a K.  He needed a C, no one was available worth anything so he took a shot in the dark on a retired pro bowl C who wanted to try again.  It didn’t work, big deal, he tried.  
So yeah, it’s dumb in light of Kwon, Quincy, Reed, etc etc.  understanding the Kahlil signing isn’t dumb and not nearly as dumb as bringing him up as if he was JDs only signing. 😎

Find someone else to make a dumb argument with or are you running out of posters to argue with?

• Haha 1