Rodgers wants to play for 3-4 more years.

doitny

6 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

It's sort of like the combine for the preseason. Lots of players look great in shells and the occasional padded practice, but  what happens at game  speed? What happens when nearly 40 year old Rodgers starts getting hit. 40 year old bodies just do not recover like 25 year old bodies. Rodgers clearly declined last year. He was still excellent, but we simply do not know if he that was a sign of things to come or if he will bounce back. 

QBs over 38 tend to just fall off the map. And sometimes even before then

Matt Ryan  went from Top 10  QB in the league in 2020, to good but clearly declining  in  2021, to pretty bad in 2022 to out of the league.

There is nothing to guarantee that Rodgers in 2023 will even be as good as the 2022 version. Maybe he is and that will be great but history would suggest he will continue to decline regardless of how great he looks in camp

But he could be invigorated coming to NYJ and that may jumpstart him back to his MVP form. He was in such a stale situation for him in GB. They were not treating or respecting him as they should since he is someone you should let have much more say. Here he has that and that may make all the difference.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hal said:

He also said if they win a Super Bowl he might retire after this season.  (We all know what he means by “have a very special season.)

Enjoy the season.  The rest will work itself out later.  

If he wins a Superbowl he signs up for another year 100%> dude wants to play for rings

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The option you talking about is not included in the 75 mil reported contract? So the last year is actually his 35 he gave back? Hmm doesn't seem to add up. I would think people would be talking about this

There’s one last point to ponder on this. As a bookend to the $33.7 million gratuity that Rodgers gave the Jets on the way through the door, they could — in theory — pay him the $35 million option bonus in 2025 and then, if he retires, not try to recover it. However, that would drive the cap consequences for a post-June 1 retirement to $21 million in 2025 and a staggering $63 million in 2026.

Obviously a lot of different factors and variables could change things, but Rodgers isn't typically someone to throw out these types of comments casually unless they are actually what he's thinking and planning.

So I'd say there's probably a really good chance he's here for another 3-4 years.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, PS17 said:

I’ll believe it when I see it. Brady warped people’s minds about what a post-40 athlete looks like in American sports. I’d be surprised if we see more than two years from Rodgers. 

Did you just call Tom Brady, an athlete?  lol

I think the fact Rodgers is an athlete and still looks spry and Brady is not an athlete and has always been a stiff slug who cant move faster then a grandma's speed walk even in his prime, is the reason why Rodgers could continue to play at high level.  Also why Tom Brady will never be the GOAT and that's not even factoring that he was fraud who cheated in every way possible but that's another topic.  

Oh yeah, also, Ayahuasca >>>>>> HGH in every meal 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Rodgers is going to play for as long as he feels good and is still enjoying the game. That's the message he's always put out since joining the Jets.

He has made other comments like it would be a disservice to play one year and leave after  all the Jets gave up.

IMO the guy loves the game and his legacy is important to him so as long as he stays healthy and enjoys playing with the Jets he will be a Jet and playing football. Key factor here is staying healthy because he really seems to be enjoying the NY experience and the players and coaches. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

It's sort of like the combine for the preseason. Lots of players look great in shells and the occasional padded practice, but  what happens at game  speed? What happens when nearly 40 year old Rodgers starts getting hit. 40 year old bodies just do not recover like 25 year old bodies. Rodgers clearly declined last year. He was still excellent, but we simply do not know if he that was a sign of things to come or if he will bounce back. 

QBs over 38 tend to just fall off the map. And sometimes even before then

Matt Ryan  went from Top 10  QB in the league in 2020, to good but clearly declining  in  2021, to pretty bad in 2022 to out of the league.

There is nothing to guarantee that Rodgers in 2023 will even be as good as the 2022 version. Maybe he is and that will be great but history would suggest he will continue to decline regardless of how great he looks in camp

He'll just go on the "AR8 program" during the offseaon.... Ayahuasca, weed, HGH and Dianabol.

😆 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Rodgers is going to play for as long as he feels good and is still enjoying the game. That's the message he's always put out since joining the Jets.

He has made other comments like it would be a disservice to play one year and leave after  all the Jets gave up.

IMO the guy loves the game and his legacy is important to him so as long as he stays healthy and enjoys playing with the Jets he will be a Jet and playing football. Key factor here is staying healthy because he really seems to be enjoying the NY experience and the players and coaches. 

1. Staying healthy

2. Having fun

3. Freedom to act as he likes, esp. offseason/camp

4. Power to guide personnel, to some degree

If he has these 4 things, he could very well play several more years, realistically.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I think the fact Rodgers is an athlete and still looks spry and Brady is not an athlete and has always been a stiff slug who cant move faster then a grandma's speed walk even in his prime, is the reason why Rodgers could continue to play at high level.  Also why Tom Brady will never be the GOAT and that's not even factoring that he was fraud who cheated in every way possible but that's another topic.  

Tom Brady is not fast but Tom is a good athlete and keeps himself in amazing shape. He certainly looks better than his pre draft pic for sure. People used to say the same thing about Larry Bird ... couldn't run, couldn't  jump, that is until they pissed him off. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, doitny said:

just heard the clip on the Bart and Hahn show. he was asked if he thinks about the next time he is in Canton will be for his HOF ceremony. he said he plans to play for 3 or 4 more years and then its 5 years after that so it could be 9 years the next time he is in canton. thats a long time.

cant find the clip online but i heard him say it.

Family Guy Cockroach GIF

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Upvote 1

just heard the clip on the Bart and Hahn show. he was asked if he thinks about the next time he is in Canton will be for his HOF ceremony. he said he plans to play for 3 or 4 more years and then its 5 years after that so it could be 9 years the next time he is in canton. thats a long time.

Let’s just worry about this season first. Hopefully last year wasn’t the beginning of a decline due to age.

• Upvote 3

Key will be the offensive line.  Brady was hardly ever hit and played forever.  Brees could have played as long but the hits caught up with him.  Anyone who hopes Rodgers hangs around 3 years, better hope the offensive line is vastly improved over last years version.  All those free rushers is scary with a 39 year old quarterback.  The hit White took against Buffalo could end a career in an instant.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

comps of

brady>manning

Rodgers>Breeze

4 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Key will be the offensive line.  Brady was hardly ever hit and played forever.  Brees could have played as long but the hits caught up with him.  Anyone who hopes Rodgers hangs around 3 years, better hope the offensive line is vastly improved over last years version.  All those free rushers is scary with a 39 year old quarterback.  The hit White took against Buffalo could end a career in an instant.

Thinking that Rodgers will get them into protection that picks up that free runner.

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, rangerous said:

Very doubtful that Rodgers even gets close to Brady in passing yards. It’s possible to beat him in other categories and if he manages to win the Super Bowl with the jets then it will be an achievement far greater than Brady, manning or any other qb.

Tampa was worse than the Jets. They were the worst team in professional sports, by the numbers.

Also if you have such a low opinion of the Jets that you think winning a Super Bowl with them > having more Super Bowl championships than any single NFL franchise, I don’t know what to tell you.

You got bomb weed.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Brady has a 1,000 yards rushing and didn’t need to run. His pocket awareness, pocket shifting with pristine footwork, always ready to laser a football in a millisecond at whatever target he evaluated, is one of the reasons he’s the Greatest Quarterback of All Time and will likely never be surpassed.

You value mobile QBs throwing the ball outside of the pocket too much as an end-all-be-all QB skill which makes zero sense considering none of these people are even in a credible top 5 all time list anymore. Peyton bumped Elway and Young isn’t even close to it anymore.

https://youtu.be/wfEUDJdskCo

Just being real, 11 seconds in, this is a pick-six in Overtime in the Super Bowl if it has any less zip on it, or was off even a little bit. Ballsy, ballsy pass, in the absolute pinnacle of American professional sports — overtime in the Super Bowl.

I’ve watched almost every Aaron Rodgers play off game he’s ever had. Say what you want about running around outside the pocket, Aaron Rodgers, like plenty of other media-hyped QBs, don’t even attempt this throw, in this moment, and that’s a fact.

15 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Brady has a 1,000 yards rushing and didn’t need to run. His pocket awareness, pocket shifting with pristine footwork, always ready to laser a football in a millisecond at whatever target he evaluated, is one of the reasons he’s the Greatest Quarterback of All Time and will likely never be surpassed.

You value mobile QBs throwing the ball outside of the pocket too much as an end-all-be-all QB skill which makes zero sense considering none of these people are even in a credible top 5 all time list anymore. Peyton bumped Elway and Young isn’t even close to it anymore.

Haha Brady can’t hold Rodgers jock.  He even admits it. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nick Foles, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien - 1

Dan Marino - 0

your exercise is stupid

It is.

But so is saying Rodgers is better than Brady.

Sorry, he just isn't.  I hate Brady, but he is the GOAT, and Jets Fans who try to claim he isn't just make us all, as a fanbase, look both dumb and petty.   

JMO

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It is.

Sorry, he just isn't.  I hate Brady, but he is the GOAT, and Jets Fans who try to claim he isn't just make us all, as a fanbase, look both dumb and petty.   

JMO

Mahomes is the GOAT.  Rodgers was before him.  Brady is up there but his physical limitations and passion for cheating eliminates him from any conversation related to the GOAT.  He wasnt even a Football player, if you think about it.  Just a dude who stood there behind an OL allowed to hold throwing the ball to WR's and RB's allowed run illegal picks. 

How can you be considered the GOAT in any sport when you literally have zero athleticism and would be a skinny puke if it werent for eating HGH in every meal?  It's like calling Dale Earnhardt the best athlete of all time. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It is.

JMO

I am petty, but I'm not dumb.  I honestly don't think Brady is the GOAT and I am certain he is a douchebag.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mahomes is the GOAT.

He isn't.  Yet.

Rodgers was before him.

He never was.  

Brady is up there but his physical limitations and passion for cheating eliminates him from any conversation related to the GOAT.

It does not.  

How can you be considered the GOAT in any sport when you literally have zero athleticism and would be a skinny puke if it werent for eating HGH in every meal?  It's like calling Dale Earnhardt the best athlete of all time. 

Ok, cool.

I'm out.