Week one non Jet preseason games....

Beerfish

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

He better not be as good as I think he’ll be. This place will never hear the end of it. i’m still sick to my stomach we took McDuck over him.

btw when was the last time we heard McDonald’s name mentioned in camp? It’s got to be over a week… not a good sign for a 1st round edge.

You're not paying much attention - McDonald's name has been coming up almost every practice, and he played well in the Browns game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

If any sickos out there are interested, Jordan Love is playing two series for the Packers tonight. Packers fans are seething at the Jets for taking Rodgers away and have been running with the belief that Love will be just as good if not better. Reports from the joint practices said that Love couldn’t move the ball against the Bengals starting defense, except for the one deep shot that went viral.

• Upvote 3

If any sickos out there are interested, Jordan Love is playing two series for the Packers tonight. Packers fans are seething at the Jets for taking Rodgers away and have been running with the belief that Love will be just as good if not better. Reports from the joint practices said that Love couldn’t move the ball against the Bengals starting defense, except for the one deep shot that went viral.

My brother is a huge Packers fan, and they have this sense of entitlement around QB play. That’s what happens when you step in sh%t and go from Favre to Rodgers, and have just 2 guys provide stable QB play for 25 years. Fans just assume the next guy to play the position will be HOF caliber too.
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

My brother is a huge Packers fan, and they have this sense of entitlement around QB play. That’s what happens when you step in sh%t and go from Favre to Rodgers, and have just 2 guys provide stable QB play for 25 years. Fans just assume the next guy to play the position will be HOF caliber too.

Farve and Rodgers consecutively would spoil a lot of fan bases.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If Packers' fans think Jordan Love will be as good or better than Rodgers then why would they be seething?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No one thought asron rodgers was any good after he rode the bench for 3 years and was pedestrian in his 1st year as a starter.  Lets let love play a season or 2 before we judge how good he will be.

Rodgers threw for 4k yards and 28 tds his first yr as a starter. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Love looked pretty good, I will say. 

Dolphins fans are in disarray because Mike White threw a bad pick in the end zone (while targeting Berrios!) and failed on another trip into the red zone. Skylar Thompson came on, threw two picks, and has supposedly looked so bad that one of their beat guys thinks he’s headed to the practice squad.

Denzel Mims: zero targets

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Love looked pretty good, I will say. 

Dolphins fans are in disarray because Mike White threw a bad pick in the end zone (while targeting Berrios!) and failed to get the Dolphins into the end zone. Skylar Thompson came on, threw two picks, and has supposedly looked so bad that one of their beat guys thinks he’s headed to the practice squad.

Denzel Mims: zero targets

I have the fins finishing last in the division. Tua wont last 3 games, they have no running game, oline stinks, coach stinks etc.

They are going to be bad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have the fins finishing last in the division. Tua wont last 3 games, they have no running game, oline stinks, coach stinks etc.

I still think the Patriots are set to bottom out a bit, but the Dolphins have some real issues. It gets lost in the wash because everyone thinks about all of their team speed and that geek McDaniels geeking the offense, but  that offense sucked more weeks than not. It had a four game stretch where it looked explosive, but it fell apart down the stretch, even in the games Tua started. I know the Mina Kimes/Barnwell a$$hole contingent thinks they’re going to be amazing because of Vic Fangio, but they’re already down a couple of corners—including Jalen Ramsey—and the ones they have left are a bad fit for the Fangio scheme. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Oh I forgot, the fins have the worst tight dnd group in the nfl.

If you took rbs, tight ends and oline combined, Fins would be dead last in the nfl in that category.

Justin FIelds:  3/3 129 yards and two TDs.  Both TDs were 50+ yard screen passes with horrific defense by Tennessee (not sure if they were playing starters, but yikes if they were). 

Don't think anyone got a hand on either receiver until they reached the end zone.

• Upvote 2