*** College Game Day Aug 31 to Sept 4 games ***

Beerfish

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conceivable he ends up on the Cardinals with Marvin Harrison Jr, too. Could be sick, especially if they dump Gannon and hire Harbaugh or Lincoln Riley. 

This is a good article about him and the 3rd point stands out.

https://usc.rivals.com/news/five-things-to-know-about-new-usc-qb-caleb-williams

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Prime would be a disaster in the pros.  A total disaster.

Rutgers looking good, up 14-0 over Northwestern.   Northwestern fakes a punt and is stopped, horrible play by the northwestern guy,

Your right he would be but in college, he is so anti establishment it is actually entertaining.

he goes against our old friend rhule this weekend.

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Prime would be a disaster in the pros.  A total disaster.

Rutgers looking good, up 14-0 over Northwestern.   Northwestern fakes a punt and is stopped, horrible play by the northwestern guy,

Why? Prime has absolutely crushed it at every level.

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Why? Prime has absolutely crushed it at every level.

He is a great recruiter.  You do not win by recruiting in the NFL.  NFL players, especially after a year or so in the league are 100% different than college kids.  Deions name would mean zero in the NFL where money talks.

Colorado was very impressive but that is one game.

As a casual college observer, the sport is as stale and lame as it’s ever been. California teams in the B1G and ACC, the same three southern teams dominating, horrendous cupcake non-conference matchups, and so on. I would LOVE to see Deion and Colorado wreck the sport and become a national power. Talk about a breath of fresh air. That performance yesterday was so impressive. BTW, this interview below is a must watch; Coach Prime is just dripping with charisma and confidence. I find it hard to believe that four and five star recruits will be able to say no to him when he’s in their living room.

• Upvote 2

On 8/31/2023 at 8:57 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

florida with a terrible penalty. two number 3s on the field would of been their ball but utah gets a first. i know that's a lot of numbers in that sentence lol but thats on the coach

How could the CS let two players have the same number, much less put them into the game at the same time?

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is a great recruiter.  You do not win by recruiting in the NFL.  NFL players, especially after a year or so in the league are 100% different than college kids.  Deions name would mean zero in the NFL where money talks.

Colorado was very impressive but that is one game.

I am a bit bias because I played against him in HS but I dont think you are giving him credit at all for what he did yesterday.  new team that went on the road for their first game together against a team that played in last years championship with the QB that was supposed to lead the there.

So an established TCU team that played in the championship last year were out recruited to a loss???? lol you gotta be kidding me.

Look at urben meyers comments about going to Colorado practice on Wednesday.  He has the know how to run a team. He has the respect whether you want to believe it or not.

People were outraged that he sent last years team packing in the portal.  He did get #12 and his son to come with him but if I was a CB, I would want prime as my coach too.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I am a bit bias because I played against him in HS but I dont think you are giving him credit at all for what he did yesterday.  new team that went on the road for their first game together against a team that played in last years championship with the QB that was supposed to lead the there.

So an established TCU team that played in the championship last year were out recruited to a loss???? lol you gotta be kidding me.

Look at urben meyers comments about going to Colorado practice on Wednesday.  He has the know how to run a team. He has the respect whether you want to believe it or not.

People were outraged that he sent last years team packing in the portal.  He did get #12 and his son to come with him but if I was a CB, I would want prime as my coach too.  

No disagreement on the above, he is a good recruiter and certainly smart enough to surround himself with good coaches.   The NFL is a whole other ball of wax.

In any case it is good news that he is shaking things up a bit in college ball.  

There is a bit if an unfortunate side effect though and that is there will be an ever increasing huge turnover in college rosters from year to year which to me is not necessarily a good thing.

You get recruited, go to a school plan your college days around that school and some guy comes in and kicks your ass out the door along with the entire rest of the team in one year.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No disagreement on the above, he is a good recruiter and certainly smart enough to surround himself with good coaches.   The NFL is a whole other ball of wax.

In any case it is good news that he is shaking things up a bit in college ball.  

There is a bit if an unfortunate side effect though and that is there will be an ever increasing huge turnover in college rosters from year to year which to me is not necessarily a good thing.

You get recruited, go to a school plan your college days around that school and some guy comes in and kicks your ass out the door along with the entire rest of the team in one year.

TCU likely has more talent top to bottom than Colorado. And they also have more experience playing together. Colorado just executed better yesterday. Aside from that one roughing the passer penalty, they made sure not to hurt themselves.

Just one game. But that looked like a well coached team.

I’m pulling for him. I like people who shake things up. I dont watch college football much because it’s always the same few teams competing.

Ironically, this is why I was rooting for TCU last year. lol.

Although I do like Georgia. So not against all powerhouses.