Zach is THE Starter

Dunnie

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes

Funny 

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Doesn’t it feel like Douglas tempted the fates by not doing the right thing and bringing in a real backup? Like, Rodgers wouldn’t be injured right now if the Jets just went out and sign Minshew to back up Rodgers. But because they tried to be both arrogant and sneaky about it by fluffing Wilson all summer, the football gods were like “oh word mother****ers?”

I thought it was that Karma bitch ball slapping all the anti-zaxxers.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Daniel Jeremiah on Rich Eisen show taking about Zack Wilson being ready or not to be QB 1

You know Jeremiah is being unserious when he’s defending Zach Wilson running 30 yards away from the line of scrimmage on a failed screen. He’s one of Joe Douglas’ close personal friends

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

46 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Look, if you like what you saw last year, then get ready to enjoy it again. 

Find it beyond laughable in year 3 and after last night people are still thinking babying Zach Wilson is a preferable course of action. If he can't hack it now, really don't care about his feelings or his tender psyche. He shat the bed 2 years running. This is his last unearned chance, and I expect at some point he'll make a mess again and either Boyle or BrissettDaltonFolesRyanWentz step in for him. This team with average QB play can make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Look, if you like what you saw last year, then get ready to enjoy it again. 

I honestly loved what I saw last year before Breece and AVT both went out in the same game. 

After that Point? It sucked with it peaking with the warranted mutiny by the O which was rock bottom for Zack who then retreated into his hoodie with his confidence between his legs...

He seems a different player since Rodgers arrived. Last night I saw calm confidence in the second half while executing an unplanned game plan best suited for him. Guess we'll find out quickly if that continues... I'm betting on him

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know Jeremiah is being unserious when he’s defending Zach Wilson running 30 yards away from the line of scrimmage on a failed screen. He’s one of Joe Douglas’ close personal friends

That he did his "Madden/backward" thing 2X last night was a clue he hasn't learned a damn thing. Fitzpatrick on the Manningcast was mocking a guy backing up so much a pass 40 yards in the air only would have gained 5 yards if he completed it. Doesn't even speak to how bad things can go wrong doing that. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Barring any more catastrophic injuries such as we had in Denver last year, this team can still compete for a division title with ZW. The skills and D are that good. Also have superior ST's. Remember, we were winning (7-3 I think) last year until we lost all of our skill players. Look, our pass blocking is not great so having Zach be as mobile as he is can only help. Looking at the bright side, we will use a lot of TE and RB plays with our skill players. Hopefully the OL will improve the more they play together.

Why is your Username not Paradiddle ?

Don’t know the reliability of this stat or where it comes from but read a tweet that indicated our OL performance was the worst in the NFL after week 1.  

Apparently, our offensive line ranked last in ‘pass block win rate’ among all NFL teams.

Of course we know what the Cowboys pass rush made Daniel Jones life miserable on Sunday.   

3 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Don’t know the reliability of this stat or where it comes from but read a tweet that indicated our OL performance was the worst in the NFL after week 1.  

Apparently, our offensive line ranked last in ‘pass block win rate’ among all NFL teams.

Of course we know what the Cowboys pass rush made Daniel Jones life miserable on Sunday.   

OL looks a lot better when it has a QB who knows what he's doing rather than panicking in the face of any pass rush. Same OL with Mike White was mostly competent. Except for the ribs, of course. Not saying there weren't breakdowns, but Jets CS doesn't trust Wilson, nor should they.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

OL looks a lot better when it has a QB who knows what he's doing rather than panicking in the face of any pass rush. Same OL with Mike White was mostly competent. Except for the ribs, of course. Not saying there weren't breakdowns, but Jets CS doesn't trust Wilson, nor should they.

The pass pro sucked but the run blocking was excellent.  They got Rodgers injured but Zach’s constant mental mistakes compound an already bad situation 

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I hope Rodgers sticks around to guide him at least. Say what you will, but he was a positive influence on Zach.

Totally!  Fingers crossed.  Rodgers could really help a lot - and not just with Zack!  Leaders lead, let's hope Rodgers head is still in the right place.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What would Payton have done on that play?  He would have curled up in a ball and taken a sack. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The pass pro sucked but the run blocking was excellent.  They got Rodgers injured but Zach’s constant mental mistakes compound an already bad situation 

Amazing ... I actually 'thumbs up'd you for once... reading the opening of this statement ... then ... unfortunately .. you had to derail it with an inaccurate comment.

13 hours ago, PavlovsDogs said:

I believe Zach is more Ray Lucas than Rick Mirer.  That’s all I got today.  Wake me after Dallas.

Based on what? Rick Mirer was a highly drafted bust who sucked and was handed the job and did nothing with it.

Ray Lucas was a special teams guy with QB experience who overcame the odds and came up big.

Zach is 100% Rick Mirer.

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The cowboys are going to eat Zach alive.  It’s inevitable we sign a real quarterback even if JD does something stupid like sign Flacco or promote Boyle this week

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Based on what? Rick Mirer was a highly drafted bust who sucked and was handed the job and did nothing with it.

Ray Lucas was a special teams guy with QB experience who overcame the odds and came up big.

Zach is 100% Rick Mirer.

9 hours ago, Barton said:

Zach is TERRIBLE beyond relief. 

He CANNOT be the starting QB beyond this Sunday. And preferably, not this Sunday either. 

Fwiw, ZW is still a #2 overall draft pick so we know there are some physical skills there.  He played his way out of a job the past 2 years but he's got another chance now to prove us all wrong.  I'm not the least bit optimistic about his chances but I'll be interested in seeing how he handles this situation.  I'll be even more fascinated to see that game at MetLife against BB and the Patriots.  BB always seems to embarrass our young QBs.  And even if Saleh tries to play ultra-conservative, the fans will see through that and still pile on ZW.  Ftr, I hope we won't (because we need to try to encourage ZW) but I think we will.  

• Upvote 1