Wilson's Game Film

On 9/13/2023 at 2:23 PM, bla bla bla said:

Every Throw from Zach Wilson

That kid played a damn good football game. Very Mark Sanchez-like and HE WON! Okay, WE won... but Zach didn't fall apart after the INT to the Dirtiest Player in the Game Today: Milano. He should have been called for that hit to the head of the QB and until the league starts calling him on those type of hits and starts fining him they will continue. I will give Wilson a B- for what I saw in this video-pretty good. 

Has anyone else noticed the return of "The Jet" after Gipson's TD? OK, I feel a new thread idea coming' on

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Breaking down Zach Wilson game film?  You guys are sick.  Why would anyone do this to themselves?

Take 6 minutes out of your busy life and watch the film bro, the kid played pretty good man, AND...he didn't lose the game and "WE" won

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, rtnelson said:

I'm not trying to poke the bear too much this early in the morning.  But...

If GW bobbles and pops up the throw taking us inside the 10 leading to an INT, you would likely acknowledge the fault because you're not a complete heathen, then proceed to talk about the result-based fact that he couldn't get the job done when asked to throw and we lost because ZW sucks and couldn't lead a TD drive in crunch time.

Insidious!

You are conflating the decision to throw the ball with the execution of the throw. People are out here saying it was a good throw because it resulted in a TD. That's what I'm railing against.

• WTF? 1

While we’re celebrating Zach Wilson completing 60% of his swing passes, i’d just like to point out that Mike LaFleur’s offense keeps being prolific with non-Zach Wilson QBs. Put up 30 on the top-ten DVOA Seahawks defense, with Puka Nacua, Tutu Atwell, and Kyren Williams as his skill players. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Take 6 minutes out of your busy life and watch the film bro, the kid played pretty good man, AND...he didn't lose the game and "WE" won

Wilson was the same load of crap he was last year. He made 2 nice throws the rest of the game he was inaccurate, running backwards anytime he sensed a pass rush, and threw a bad pick.  If our defense and running game are anything less than sensational we lose that game

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

21 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Wilson was the same load of crap he was last year. He made 2 nice throws the rest of the game he was inaccurate, running backwards anytime he sensed a pass rush, and threw a bad pick.  If our defense and running game are anything less than sensational we lose that game

Rich, I'm not going to delude myself into saying that I'm this big Wilson supporter now, in fact I hope they are able to snag a real NFL-caliber quarterback LIKE a Kirk Cousins after Sunday's game but as far as that goes, unless he gets hurt in todays walk-through it looks like it's Zach Wilson under center this week.God Help Us... 

Saleh refused to try for the win on Monday night and ran the ball instead of taking a shot at a TD or even a first down. Look, we all knew that Buffalo was unstoppable and was going to be getting in FG position with that kid who doinked it and it STILL got in the crossbars (I saw it happen TWICE this past week). If Wilson can play "Sanchez ball" again this week we can still go into the Pats game in 1st place, but if not, there BETTER be a new quarterback in Florham Park on Monday, and it's someone who can step in and play against N.E. if it starts going south, When unlike last year he left a struggling Wilson in there, he better not sacrifice our chances by leaving a scared and incompetent man to lose the game or this fan base will lose it patience FAST. 

While we’re celebrating Zach Wilson completing 60% of his swing passes, i’d just like to point out that Mike LaFleur’s offense keeps being prolific with non-Zach Wilson QBs. Put up 30 on the top-ten DVOA Seahawks defense, with Puka Nacua, Tutu Atwell, and Kyren Williams as his skill players. 

He’s the OC for the Rams. That is McVays offense not his

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mike LaFluer is an insecure dictatorial a$$hole who though it was beneath him to actually talk to players.  Maybe he can be successful with  SB winning QB like Stafford, but he is dogsh*t when it comes to actually coaching and instructing young players.  Zach was a victim of this a$$hole.  Get it right!

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:06 AM, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Rewatch the game... He most certainly did... Yes GW came up with a huge catch and defense played lights out... Zach also drove the ball downfield on multiple drives in his own territory to score points against a top 5 defense. But he gets no credit for that??? 

I am not saying he was amazing... But he was absolutely clutch when they needed him to be. He made 4 huge 3rd down passes that get glanced over on critical drives... He rushed for a first down on 4th and 1... 

But no he didn't do anything... Your bias is absolutely showing...

I expected it to be a trash Rewatch... But it's probably one of his best games in his career... Coming off the bench against a top 5 defense with a whole stadium groaning that they are stuck with him...

You underestimate how good of a performance it was

Quite a few people have said they expected the tape to be really bad based on what he has been but found him outside of the one horrid INT to be solid.

Odds seem stacked against him though.

If you had to pick the worst 2 first starts for Zach to be starter again it would be DAL then NE. 

If he is competent in these games and it stays competitive he has a shot to not only remain QB but to resurrect his career.

If he spirals and looks like bad Zach from last year, Jets will bring in somebody and Zach will start the journey of a backup QB.

Having said that everything was stacked against him in this game. The raw emotion of losing Rodgers, the early interception, a subdued crowd. Referees that were not calling an equitable game.

But it was Zach who was composed in the second half, while Allen lost his mind.

I believe Zach is an emotional momentum based QB. I think the more and more confident he gets the better he gets. If he can build that confidence over next 2 days he can justify the #2 pick. If not, well I guess we can hope for Rodgers. It's why I think we should go after Dorial Thompson Robinson. If Zach is done we need to have a young pipeline and find someone.

I am not as upset about Rodgers as many because I excpected this. Not after 4 plays but right from the beginning I was very much against trading for an almost 40 year old QB that showed signs of decline and age. I had the over/under in my mind around 6 games. Kinda sucks I was right to be honest.

Let's see what happens the next 2 weeks. Most teams are not as good or bad as they seem week 1 so this will be a very unpredictable game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

BS.  He had some extra throw aways because he can escape sacks most QBs won’t and still had 67% 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

You are delusional if you think that’s a MLF offense 😂🤣😆🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Completely Wrong

do you goofs even watch the games 😆🤣😂

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:02 AM, Sammybighead said:

For everyone bitching about the TD throw, you're underestimating one key element: Zach changed the play at the LOS.  Consider the fact that he was never allowed to to do that under MLF. He must have been sh*tting a brick, lucky he even got the pass that close. He took a risk, did something for the first time in the highest pressure situation and it worked. Give the kid some credit and stop whinning about the ball placement. It was caught, wasn't it? You've also been whinning for years that we don't have a superstar WR that can make such catches, no? Now we have one and you whine that he's forced to make such a catch? 

Part of the plan needs to be to throw it to Garrett almost every time he is manned up.

• Upvote 2

MiLF is the Rams' Dowell Loggains. Let that sink in, then reread your post.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Zach Wilson would be well served if Rodgers's distaste for the middle of the field rubbed off on him ...

I think that's the offense that Hackett wants to run.  I think we saw a lot of that from Zach this pre-season.  Rodgers gets the ball out quick, mostly short and mostly outside to avoid picks.  Again, It's what Zach was doing this preseason and why fans were sh*tting on him in their desire to explain away his high comp %.  

This will be the offense...with taking some shots downfield to GW when he's in single coverage on the outside.

Wilson, obviously won't be as efficient as Rodgers in that offense, but it will limit errors, get the ball into the hands of playmakers and if he can hit one or two deep balls - the Jets will be fine.  

But again, expecting anything more from Zach right now -would either be setting yourself up for disappointment or reason for the haters reason to get excited.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, cat999 said:

Serious Question - did anyone bashing Zach's performance actually watch the film in the OP?  If so, tell me what you don't agree with......

Right after you write an essay on the statistical likelihood of Zach turning around a league-worst two-year performance based on NFL history 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Next time the Rams O throws up a dud you can bet MLF will get slayed here. Welcome to Intellectual Dishonesty Nation dot com.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Right after you write an essay on the statistical likelihood of Zach turning around a league-worst two-year performance based on NFL history 

I'm not saying he is definitely gonna turn it around.  All I'm saying is watching the game I thought he played ok last week and the tape backs it up.  He shouldn't be taking shots for a decent performance under difficult circumstances.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, cat999 said:

I'm not saying he is definitely gonna turn it around.  All I'm saying is watching the game I thought he played ok last week and the tape backs it up.  He shouldn't be taking shots for a decent performance under difficult circumstances.

My point was that to make a point, it’s more persuasive to make it than to dole out homework assignments that demand others make the opposite one.

2 minutes ago, cat999 said:

The OP shared a video.  I (obviously incorrectly) assumed this thread was to discuss the video not to bash Wilson.  We have enough other threads for that. 

Any thread about a QB who has been the only QB since the NFL/AFL merger to have the lowest QB Rating in consecutive years will justly become a “bash the QB” thread.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Any thread about a QB who has been the only QB since the NFL/AFL merger to have the lowest QB Rating in consecutive years will justly become a “bash the QB” thread.

BTW, I meant look at the Daniel Jeremiah breakdown of Zach Wilson's film, which I thought was posted somewhere in this thread. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Next time the Rams O throws up a dud you can bet MLF will get slayed here. Welcome to Intellectual Dishonesty Nation dot com.

We already had that when the Rams were the worst statistical offense in preseason “Ooooh Little Flower is killing it,” while eliding the fact that the Zach Wilson Jets were the second worst offense in preseason. 

• Haha 1