Pick up the option on the kid?

SoJetsy

1 hour ago, SoJetsy said:

After his first start I would have said no but the staff seems to be able to coach this kid up. Zach seems like it’s finally slowing down for him this is a tough schedule but he’s showing improvement against good teams?

That’s the take you got from watching this game? This team is trying to play offense with half a playbook. Zach is better than 2022 Zach, but Zach is still showing that he is very limited. We have almost no downfield passing. No side line throws. It’s quick throws, slants, and screens mixed in with some roll outs. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, extmenace said:

That’s the take you got from watching this game? This team is trying to play offense with half a playbook. Zach is better than 2022 Zach, but Zach is still showing that he is very limited. We have almost no downfield passing. No side line throws. It’s quick throws, slants, and screens mixed in with some roll outs. 

Huh?? He’s thrown it sideline pleny

50 year old Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard are not downfield players 😭

2 hours ago, SoJetsy said:

After his first start I would have said no but the staff seems to be able to coach this kid up. Zach seems like it’s finally slowing down for him this is a tough schedule but he’s showing improvement against good teams?

Yeah he is not the issue right now it was eagles and KC he looked good, three games in a row. It just highlights out bad play calling

I was all for a nother QB but he is fine. It's play calling that needs to improve. So far this season only one good game plan for three qtrs

5 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Should have said minimal. Point was, we aren’t throwing utilizing / throwing to routes that some of the better offenses in the league can throw to.

Let's see how Zach does the rest of the way. The dude could potentially get this team to the playoffs. Pretty crazy if he does.
Don't worry the the dark side of the force is strong .. ZW could QB the super bowl winning team and there will still be naysayers ... I'm just looking for more production at this point .. his short game seems fixed. His pocket awareness is getting much better. Need to score TDs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

Don't worry the the dark side of the force is strong .. ZW could QB the super bowl winning team and there will still be naysayers ... I'm just looking for more production at this point .. his short game seems fixed. His pocket awareness is getting much better. Need to score TDs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Im sure Zach and Hackett will work on tge red zone problems the next 2 weeks. If they solve the issues. This team is ready to roll. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Not because he’s great. He is not. Do not get it twisted. 

but because he is slowly and steadily improving and has a laser for an arm…. And maybe we get a discount.

Rodgers for 1 or 2 more, but keep Zach and further develop him. JD had the perfect plan.

god bless JD

Now I’ll run for cover as the angry Wilson haters come out.

You’re right.

Just see Wilson as a back up at this point and if that’s all he ever is….fine.

But you don’t just discard the physical talents he has which No current NFL back up has right now, which could see him turn the corner and become a quality NFL starter.

Also NO NFL Starter or Back up has ever outplayed Patrick Mahomes in Every statistical category….but Wilson just did.  That’s a serious notch on his belt.  Do you discard that?  Not at this point where the Kid just turned only 24 years old.

I could easily see Wilson be on the winning side of the next 3 games.

Does he get “demerits” for the lack of TDs in the Red Zone this year?  Yes he does, but so does the OC who plays it “scared” most of the time down there with no shots at the end zone.

Let him keep playing.  Saleh said he has been close to flawless in practice ever since OTA’s this year.  That’s why he has stuck with him.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He can be the backup here moving forward.  He could be this generations pat ryan.

Only he's not even close to Pat Ryan so there's that. This team won in spite of Wilson and it has NEVER once one because of him . There is literally not one game in this kids History where he took this team on his back and won a game.  He has played like a real QB in maybe 2 -3 games his entire career.

35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Only he's not even close to Pat Ryan so there's that. This team won in spite of Wilson and it has NEVER once one because of him . There is literally not one game in this kids History where he took this team on his back and won a game.  He has played like a real QB in maybe 2 -3 games his entire career.

Titans game his rookie year and Pittsburgh last year with a near flawless 4th quarter.  I would argue both of those games were because of Zach.

Just correcting the "literally not one game".  We know he's been bad.

26 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Titans game his rookie year and Pittsburgh last year with a near flawless 4th quarter.  I would argue both of those games were because of Zach.

Just correcting the "literally not one game".  We know he's been bad.

So let me get this straight a game vs the Steelers where Zach Sucked for 3/4's of the game Threw for 50% 18 of 36 threw 2 Int's and 1 TD (Berrios Threw the other)  Was Zach taking us on his back ?? Lets not forget the Jets Defense that forced 4 turnovers that game as well. I'm saying took the team on his back ... not the team taking Zach on their back. This game should have been a complete blowout if not for Zach so ya going to have to try better than that.

The Titans game you can probably make an argument was his best game but again I'm not sure it qualifies as taking the team on his back. He has never played good enough to make the statement " wow Zach really took the Jets on his back and won this game today" It really has to be decisive to make that statement.

Saddest part about the differing of Opinions here is that you were only able to find 2 games where he even remotely qualified in 3 years.

A QB taking a team on his back is what players like Josh Allen Does when he throws for 300 and runs for another 100 and is 80 % of the offense Same with a guy like Jalen Hurts who has done that numerous times as well as has Mahomes. Zach is not in that conversation 

What happened today in Philly is not sustainable for an entire season and in the euphoria of the win, which was glorious, even though I sat there about to puke for most of that game watching Wilson squander opportunity after opportunity the dumb ass Jets Organization will translate this into yet another start for Wilson after a disgraceful second half and that is Maddening to me.

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So let me get this straight a game vs the Steelers where Zach Sucked for 3/4's of the game Threw for 50% 18 of 36 threw 2 Int's and 1 TD (Berrios Threw the other)  Was Zach taking us on his back ?? Lets not forget the Jets Defense that forced 4 turnovers that game as well. I'm saying took the team on his back ... not the team taking Zach on their back. This game should have been a complete blowout if not for Zach so ya going to have to try better than that.

The Titans game you can probably make an argument was his best game but again I'm not sure it qualifies as taking the team on his back. He has never played good enough to make the statement " wow Zach really took the Jets on his back and won this game today" It really has to be decisive to make that statement.

Saddest part about the differing of Opinions here is that you were only able to find 2 games where he even remotely qualified in 3 years.

A QB taking a team on his back is what players like Josh Allen Does when he throws for 300 and runs for another 100 and is 80 % of the offense Same with a guy like Jalen Hurts who has done that numerous times as well as has Mahomes. Zach is not in that conversation 

What happened today in Philly is not sustainable for an entire season and in the euphoria of the win, which was glorious, even though I sat there about to puke for most of that game watching Wilson squander opportunity after opportunity the dumb ass Jets Organization will translate this into yet another start for Wilson after a disgraceful second half and that is Maddening to me.

Yet he outplayed all 3 of these guys, in the 3 games this year with only 1 INT total, in the 3 games. Compared to their 8 INTS. He isnt taking the team on their back, because the Jets don't need him to. The Jets have an explosive RB and an elite defense. They need him to play mistake free and he is improving on that every week. If you don't see that, you are blind. 

9 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Let's see how Zach does the rest of the way. The dude could potentially get this team to the playoffs. Pretty crazy if he does.

You mean can the D can carry team to playoffs? It did in 09/10 when jets had bad qb (sanchez ). Team is striking similar in many ways. Except thankfully we have a real qb waiting for playoffs, probably game 16 or 17. 

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

How many backups in this league are putting teams on their back and winning games?  Just this week we saw minshew, tyrod taylor, malik willis, pj walker, tyson bagent, josh dobbs and brian hoyer all play.  None put the team on their back and won a game.

The best backups manage games and dont lose them.  Something zach wilson has showed he can do.

QBs who put teams on their backs and win games are starters, not backups.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Yet he outplayed all 3 of these guys, in the 3 games this year with only 1 INT total, in the 3 games. Compared to their 8 INTS. He isnt taking the team on their back, because the Jets don't need him to. The Jets have an explosive RB and an elite defense. They need him to play mistake free and he is improving on that every week. If you don't see that, you are blind. 

They are going to need him to find where end zone is. D can’t always pick up entire team on its back. That area he hasn’t improved on. We must have most wins in history without a thrown td. He is still not seeing wide open receivers and off target in tight spaces. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How many backups in this league are putting teams on their back and winning games?  Just this week we saw minshew, tyrod taylor, malik willis, pj walker, tyson bagent, josh dobbs and brian hoyer all play.  None put the team on their back and won a game.

The best backups manage games and dont lose them.  Something zach wilson has showed he can do.

QBs who put teams on their backs and win games are starters, not backups.

Most teams do not have the elite D that can afford their backup to coast with a few throws here and there. That won’t work in the playoffs, but hopefully rodgers is ready to go by then. We all can only hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

If I were GM:

play like a star for the rest of the year: he gets the option.

play like a game manager and make the playoffs: extend at backup $

Suck, get benched and miss the playoffs: let him go whenever 

Get hurt: no deals

most likely, and the one I think JD and Saleh are currently planning for: backup extension that goes beyond Rodgers’ time

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Another Guy said:

If I were GM:

play like a star for the rest of the year: he gets the option.

play like a game manager and make the playoffs: extend at backup $

Suck, get benched and miss the playoffs: let him go whenever 

Get hurt: no deals

most likely, and the one I think JD and Saleh are currently planning for: backup extension that goes beyond Rodgers’ time

Hes a game manager who doesnt lose the game.  Let him finish out his 4th year and sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal at backup money.  He can be this generations pat ryan.

12 hours ago, extmenace said:

11 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

That sideline throw to GW for 33 yards from his 7 yard line was pretty good. More of that please! :D  

• Post of the Week 1