Hackett Presser "We sucked in the Red Zone and 3rd Down"

kevinc855

We suck in the redzone becasue our qb is gun shy.  He wont take any slight risk down there.  Its been drilled into him that 3 points inst bad.

Now this needed to be drilled into him because he was reckless with the ball at one time.

Now they need to tell him to try and pull the trigger more often in the redzone.  Move him from the red card to the yellow card.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1

This is arguably the worst team left on the schedule the Jets absolutely should not lose to. Be aggressive on the opening drive and score a TD. Get a 7 point lead, and you can kick all the FG's you want after that, as long as you maintain a lead. I know the Giants had an incredible second half comeback against the Cardinals, but putting that aside, I don't think the Giants can accomplish that against the Jets defense. 

Unfortunately, I think Saleh and Hackett are going to call a game almost identical to the gameplan against the Eagles. Whether the Giants start Danny Dimes or TT Quick, I'm sure Daboll is drilling it into their heads that if you have a lead in the 4th quarter, be conservative and don't make any dumb throws, do not give their defense a chance to put points on the board and give the Jets momentum.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Fades are so lazy.

I think they are going to get Ruckert more involved near the end zone?

Maybe put Gipson in motion and hit him with a shovel pass?

Or just let Zach run it in himself!

The bye week is a perfect time for Hackett to get creative on his own and/or watch film and copy some Andy Reid type sh*t.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Giants perspective: This is arguably the worst team left on the schedule the Giants absolutely should not lose to. 

The Giants were in the playoffs last year.  We are not better then them.  We need to stop this "Jets should win this game" nonsense.

We need to play our best game of the year if we are going to be this giants team.

I hope this is coach speak. 

Giants perspective: This is arguably the worst team left on the schedule the Giants absolutely should not lose to. 
The Giants were in the playoffs last year.  We are not better then them.  We need to stop this "Jets should win this game" nonsense.
We need to play our best game of the year if we are going to be this giants team.

Wow. Just……wow.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Giants literally play the Raiders next week, and they just got blown out by the Bears.

Plus, Giants have by a mile the worst offense in the league, and their defense has been pretty bad too (although their last 2 games did pretty well). Imagine that. Take the Jets offense, and make it worse (Which you would think shouldn't be possible. The Jets are better than the Giants in every category.

Statistically, the Jets should easily win this game. Giants are averaging 12 points a game, and that's only because they put 31 on the Cardinals. Outside of that game they haven't scored more than 16 points and they average 9 points per game.

The Jets literally have to just score twice and if their defense plays anywhere near the level they have the Jets should win.

Now, I'm not saying this game will be easy, or that the Jets will blow the Giants out of the water, or that the Jets will win at all. However, calling "Jets should win this game" nonsense is a weird take because statistically they should.

Even if you call this a trap game or something like that, that means the Jets should win the game.

I don't have 90%+ confidence that the Jets will win, because this seems like one the Jets would blow, but the Giants are in no way the better team.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We don't play Joe. We say what we want and it has zero impact on anything. Last year is last year. Giants get no credits in 2023 for what they did in 2022.

The Giants stink. They have one of the worst run D's in the league and a garbage offense. The Jets are going to win by 2 scores. Breece is going to run all over them. The defense is going to clamp them and the hounds will be set loose in the 4th. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We suck in the redzone becasue our qb is gun shy.  He wont take any slight risk down there.  Its been drilled into him that 3 points inst bad.

Now this needed to be drilled into him because he was reckless with the ball at one time.

Now they need to tell him to try and pull the trigger more often in the redzone.  Move him from the red card to the yellow card.

The abridged version: The LaFleur effect.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

No way that's a single poster. It's a screen name on the home computer in a half way house and the derelicts take turns trolling us. The original poster made it home and aside from the constant drooling and occasional crapping himself he's doing great. 

So, it's a happy ending?

Ncaa Football Celebration GIF by ESPN College Football

Robert Kraft Whatever GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Hey-Oooh!!

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

The Giants literally play the Raiders next week, and they just got blown out by the Bears.

Plus, Giants have by a mile the worst offense in the league, and their defense has been pretty bad too (although their last 2 games did pretty well). Imagine that. Take the Jets offense, and make it worse (Which you would think shouldn't be possible. The Jets are better than the Giants in every category.

Statistically, the Jets should easily win this game. Giants are averaging 12 points a game, and that's only because they put 31 on the Cardinals. Outside of that game they haven't scored more than 16 points and they average 9 points per game.

The Jets literally have to just score twice and if their defense plays anywhere near the level they have the Jets should win.

Now, I'm not saying this game will be easy, or that the Jets will blow the Giants out of the water, or that the Jets will win at all. However, calling "Jets should win this game" nonsense is a weird take because statistically they should.

Even if you call this a trap game or something like that, that means the Jets should win the game.

I don't have 90%+ confidence that the Jets will win, because this seems like one the Jets would blow, but the Giants are in no way the better team.

The Giants are so bad yet their qb threw for 2 tds and almost 300 yards last week.  Our qb in the last 2 weeks has thrown 0 tds and under 200 yards a game.  

QB is the most important position on the field.  Theirs throws tds ours doesnt.

We are not better then then Giants by any stretch of the imagination.  This game is a toss up.  We will need to play our best game of the year to win.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No way that's a single poster. It's a screen name on the home computer in a half way house and the derelicts take turns trolling us. The original poster made it home and aside from the constant drooling and occasional crapping himself he's doing great. 

Havent lived in a halfway house since 2001, buddy.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We don't play Joe. We say what we want and it has zero impact on anything. Last year is last year. Giants get no credits in 2023 for what they did in 2022.

The Giants stink. They have one of the worst run D's in the league and a garbage offense. The Jets are going to win by 2 scores. Breece is going to run all over them. The defense is going to clamp them and the hounds will be set loose in the 4th. 

I hope this happens.  But to be so confident that it will is homerism at its best.  If you have been a jet fan for any decent amount of time, you know what type of game this is going to be.  And there is 0 chance we are winning in comfortable fashion.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope this happens.  But to be so confident that it will is homerism at its best.  If you have been a jet fan for any decent amount of time, you know what type of game this is going to be.  And there is 0 chance we are winning in comfortable fashion.

I'm a total homer, Joe. That's why this is the first game since w1 when we had Aaron Rodgers that I'm predicting the Jets to win.

The Giants stink and we match up well to attack their weaknesses.

Thanks for confirming the easy win.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Giants are so bad yet their qb threw for 2 tds and almost 300 yards last week.  Our qb in the last 2 weeks has thrown 0 tds and under 200 yards a game.  

QB is the most important position on the field.  Theirs throws tds ours doesnt.

We are not better then then Giants by any stretch of the imagination.  This game is a toss up.  We will need to play our best game of the year to win.

And yet, despite that, the Giants managed a measly 14 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many yards the QB throws for. The Giants can't score. Taylor was the only player on the entire offense doing anything.

Just because their QB is marginally better and threw 2 TDs against the 29th ranked scoring offense doesn't mean the Giants are better than the Jets. To think as such is laughable. The Jets have by far the better defense, and the Jets offense scores more against better teams.

• Upvote 3