I Was Wrong ...

KRL

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conversely, if the team was 1-6 and Zach Wilson was playing the exact same way he’s playing now, there wouldn’t be a soul alive trying to make the case that Zach is “improved.” You people are reverse engineering a narrative about Zach because the team won the last two games on the backs on defense, special teams, and buttfumble-level screwups by both opponents 

…..and if ma aunt had baws she’d be ma uncle (sorry. I’m Scottish 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, he sucked, and the team won.  Both can, and have, been true statements. And he’s taken 23 sacks this year, nearly all of them bad.  90 for his career.

Just how often do you expect the defense to get 13 straight stops in future games, exactly?  

Haha. He’s taken 23 sacks. Not the OL has given up 23 sacks. Another stats to fit your narrative.

But let me guess when Hall has a bad game rushing it was the OL not Hall.

Crazy how that works isn’t it.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

While Dan Orlovsky and Daniel Jeremiah were right, Zach Wilson played well
with what he was dealing with:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzB7OIixkGS/

When you re-watch the film, without emotion, it's stunning the amount
of breakdowns that were happening around Wilson all game:

- Three different centers and three different RG which made the front
of the pocket "leaky".  Multiple times Wilson stayed in the pocket,
picked out the correct receiver, tried to step into throws and couldn't

- There were multiple route mistakes by receivers.  On one blitz Wilson
threw correctly to Xavier Gipson but instead of him staying "hot" and
"sitting down" on his route he kept running which led to an incompletion.
Breece Hall caused an incompletion when he ran his man into a wide open
Garrett Wilson route down the sideline

- Multiple drops by Allen Lazard and a huge drop by Hall when he had
three steps on the LB and no one in front of him.  It could've been 
another 50+ yard TD

Then to execute a game tying drive after dealing with those issues was
impressive.  After the team reviewed the tape I would think Wilson has
earned a ton of respect in the locker room.  A total 180 from the NE
fiasco of last year   

Just watched the whole game. I have to say as ugly as it was, I came away thinking Zach played a decent game. Now this doesn't  excuse some of the really  bad decisions he made (sack on 4th and 10 was incredibly stupid) but considering the leaking on the OL and taking snaps from a C who I think was on the PS, I think he did about as well as he could all things considered. 

Now this is not saying Zach is good, he just managed the game against a team that couldn't  throw the ball at all. This os jist a case of doing enough to not lose. The Giants kicker missing 2 FG'S also certainly helped. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, he sucked, and the team won.  Both can, and have, been true statements. And he’s taken 23 sacks this year, nearly all of them bad.  90 for his career.

Just how often do you expect the defense to get 13 straight stops in future games, exactly?  

Honest question - How many sacks does 39 year old AR take behind this revamped Oline ?  And if you tell me he will just throw the ball away- then what will his stats look like - will everyone kill him for sub par 50% completion . Yes ZW is part of the issue with this offense , but he's certainly not alone in blame. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. He’s taken 23 sacks. Not the OL has given up 23 sacks. Another stats to fit your narrative.

But let me guess when Hall has a bad game rushing it was the OL not Hall.

Crazy how that works isn’t it.

There’s a reason why sacks taken is considered a QB stat dude.  Unathletic statues Joe Flacco and Mike White had sub-5 % sack rates 2021-22.  Zach’s sack rate is 9.6 % for his career.  

It isn’t the OL causing those excessive sack rates.  It’s Zach holding the ball too long.  He’s 6th in time to throw and t-15th in pocket time this season. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're just going to have to be the 2000 Ravens and ZW Trent Dilfer. Even Dilfer managed a 3 TD game though. Then we can argue all the way to the Superbowl how Zach sucks.

• Upvote 2

We got through an extremely hard portion of the schedule in good shape.  We’re above .500.  I don’t look at every game on the schedule as a loss like in past seasons.  
Im supposed to feel bad for enjoying it.  
Some people, every season have to find a player to bitch about, to flood threads with complaints over.  

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

KRL, I was going off in the game day thread. You have these casual fans constantly blaming Wilson and they couldn’t be more wrong. 

He had zero running game and a sh*tty performance for an offensive line yet he’s still supposed to have “pocket presence.”

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

These casual fans need to be ignored. They don’t know sh*t about football. On Sunday, in sh*tty weather, we had horrid offensive line play, horrid running game, and horrid x2 playcalling…

But Zach Wilson sucks and he has no pocket awareness. It’s just ridiculous. 

I would like to know what the f*ck a "Casual Fan" is? I've seen this term pop up lately, typically from horrible, terrible posters thats seemed to pop up with accounts from April 2021 or so... and you've been around for way longer than that, posting with all of us here... so, what does it mean? I'll give you the actual definition of "Casual" and let you fellas explain.

ca·su·al
[ˈkaZHo͞oəl]

ADJECTIVE
1. relaxed and unconcerned

2. not regular or permanent.

NOUN
  1. a person who does something irregularly

None of that seems to apply here. So, what is it you are trying to say, Ghost? Are you actually Dan Orlovsky, getting paid to study Quarterbacks? Does Woody Johnson pay you to be a fan?

There is no such thing as a "Professional Fan" So.... what is it you think you're trying to say? LOL.
I've been watching the Jets since around 1975, and have been posting on Jets Message Boards almost daily for damn near 25 years. As has T0m, Warfish, JF80, and on and on... because someone doesn't like the product on the field makes them less of a fan?

GTFO with trash like this. Seriously.

State your opinion/case and move the **** on. Tired of this sh*t around here lately, 

EVERYONE HERE wishes Zach Wilson was "The Guy". EVERYONE. But we're in YEAR 3. 

Hell, the Jets themselves wanted to shelve the kid for a year and paid a 39 year old man to play... didn't work out obviously, but if the plan was to redshirt him and they are serious about a playoff run, there has got to be a contingency plan in place beyond HOPING the Defense can hold teams to 15 points every week, get multiple turnovers, miss field goals, and maybe, JUST MAYBE... Zach wakes up from his fog long enough to make just enough decent plays to win a game.

Yeah the Oline sucked. As they say in Russsia, Toughski sh*tski. Can't take brutal sacks by being terrified to throw a pick. Can't miss blatantly open guys all game... two awesome throws in the last minutes don't negate that.

• Post of the Week 1

I credited him for his performance against KC, and have not once blamed him for that loss.  So you’re off base here.  
When he sucks I say he sucks, when he’s good I credit him, win or lose.  It’s just that the latter has only happened less than a handful of times, so….
You blamed him for the fumble. Who are you kidding?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well the season will be over, for all intents and purposes, by the time November ends.  What then?

If our season is over in 4 weeks time it’ll be like every other season the last decade bar last year…..except those seasons were over by early October…..nothing bad can come from Wilson recovering some of his reputation, at age 23 and having overcome adversity to keep his team in the playoff hunt some coach or GM out there will see enough value to be prepared to part with a draft pick for him, we need all the help we can get so anything back for him is a bonus, 3rd or even 4th round pick…..I mean we got a 2 for Darnold FFS!!…..we get nothing out of rolling with the Trevor Siemien’s of this world, that is the very definition of running out the white flag of surrender….it’s ugly, but sometimes you need to dance with some frogs before you find the princess(or something like that). If you genuinely believe we lose the next 4 in a row and our season is ‘over’ at 4-7 come end of November then none of us will be shocked, but what if we don’t?….what if we are at 500, or even, heaven forfend, above and right slap bang in the hunt…I ask you back…..what then?

2 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

If our season is over in 4 weeks time it’ll be like every other season the last decade bar last year…..except those seasons were over by early October…..nothing bad can come from Wilson recovering some of his reputation, at age 23 and having overcome adversity to keep his team in the playoff hunt some coach or GM out there will see enough value to be prepared to part with a draft pick for him, we need all the help we can get so anything back for him is a bonus, 3rd or even 4th round pick…..I mean we got a 2 for Darnold FFS!!…..we get nothing out of rolling with the Trevor Siemien’s of this world, that is the very definition of running out the white flag of surrender….it’s ugly, but sometimes you need to dance with some frogs before you find the princess(or something like that). If you genuinely believe we lose the next 4 in a row and our season is ‘over’ at 4-7 come end of November then none of us will be shocked, but what if we don’t?….what if we are at 500, or even, heaven forfend, above and right slap bang in the hunt…I ask you back…..what then?

My point was to suggest Zach is going to be the reason an otherwise highly talented team isn’t playing meaningful football in December.

You might not be pissed about that inevitability because “whatever, Jets” but I sure will be.  

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This was the exact sh*t people were saying last year when we were 5-2.  How did that season end?  Fun season?  Everyone end up happy?

I can guarantee you absolutely nobody used that turn of phrase around here ever, there are like two of us on here who even know what ‘baws’ are

and to your wider point, it was more fun being 5-2 than 2-5…it’s the hope that kills you, but I’ll take that all day long over none whatsoever

I would like to know what the f*ck a "Casual Fan" is? I've seen this term pop up lately, typically from horrible, terrible posters thats seemed to pop up with accounts from April 2021 or so... and you've been around for way longer than that, posting with all of us here... so, what does it mean? I'll give you the actual definition of "Casual" and let you fellas explain.

ca·su·al [ˈkaZHo͞oəl]   ADJECTIVE 1. relaxed and unconcerned   2. not regular or permanent.   NOUN
  1. a person who does something irregularly     None of that seems to apply here. So, what is it you are trying to say, Ghost? Are you actually Dan Orlovsky, getting paid to study Quarterbacks? Does Woody Johnson pay you to be a fan?   There is no such thing as a "Professional Fan" So.... what is it you think you're trying to say? LOL.
I've been watching the Jets since around 1975, and have been posting on Jets Message Boards almost daily for damn near 25 years. As has T0m, Warfish, JF80, and on and on... because someone doesn't like the product on the field makes them less of a fan?   GTFO with trash like this. Seriously.   State your opinion/case and move the **** on. Tired of this sh*t around here lately,    EVERYONE HERE wishes Zach Wilson was "The Guy". EVERYONE. But we're in YEAR 3.    Hell, the Jets themselves wanted to shelve the kid for a year and paid a 39 year old man to play... didn't work out obviously, but if the plan was to redshirt him and they are serious about a playoff run, there has got to be a contingency plan in place beyond HOPING the Defense can hold teams to 15 points every week, get multiple turnovers, miss field goals, and maybe, JUST MAYBE... Zach wakes up from his fog long enough to make just enough decent plays to win a game.   Yeah the Oline sucked. As they say in Russsia, Toughski sh*tski. Can't take brutal sacks by being terrified to throw a pick. Can't miss blatantly open guys all game... two awesome throws in the last minutes don't negate that.      
Casual Fan : a snarky term employed by the self important internet basement dwellers that have a need to drive their agenda forward without substance as a way of attempting to elevate their status amongst like minded troglodytes.

Ex: "I know the OL was in shambles, the defense was committing atrocious penalties, and the Head Coach was clueless... But anyone categorizing the QB play as average ... He is just a Casual".

As you can see .. no evidence is given to support the claim ... it's similar to a person of a certain political alignment blaming bad food on the chef being from the opposing party.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My point was to suggest Zach is going to be the reason an otherwise highly talented team isn’t playing meaningful football in December.

You might not be pissed about that inevitability because “whatever, Jets” but I sure will be.  

Yep that OL sure is highly talented, I’ll be pissed about the Jets failing, not overjoyed that I was ‘right’ about Zach Wilson

3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I can guarantee you absolutely nobody used that turn of phrase around here ever, there are like two of us on here who even know what ‘baws’ are

and to your wider point, it was more fun being 5-2 than 2-5…it’s the hope that kills you, but I’ll take that all day long over none whatsoever

Hey some of us have absurdly low standards.  It’s cool.

Just now, redlichtie said:

Yep that OL sure is highly talented, I’ll be pissed about the Jets failing, not overjoyed that I was ‘right’ about Zach Wilson

Dude, just one final point, please just enjoy the fkn ride, otherwise what’s the point?…we’re 4-3, had an insane amount of adversity, shocking injuries all over the place, a poor WR group outside of GW and TE’s that barely contribute, we’ve played a number of the best teams in the league and beaten 2 of them(should’ve beaten a 3rd)……and yet here we are…..in contention, next game matters….if you can’t enjoy that then why put yourself through this?

I'm one breath we are told the Jets have one of the worst wide receiver rooms in the league and in another we are an average QB away from the Lombardi It's hilarious.

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Just watched the whole game. I have to say as ugly as it was, I came away thinking Zach played a decent game. Now this doesn't  excuse some of the really  bad decisions he made (sack on 4th and 10 was incredibly stupid) but considering the leaking on the OL and taking snaps from a C who I think was on the PS, I think he did about as well as he could all things considered. 

Now this is not saying Zach is good, he just managed the game against a team that couldn't  throw the ball at all. This os jist a case of doing enough to not lose. The Giants kicker missing 2 FG'S also certainly helped. 

dont forget the rain. oh yea and those big drops

3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Dude, just one final point, please just enjoy the fkn ride, otherwise what’s the point?…we’re 4-3, had an insane amount of adversity, shocking injuries all over the place, a poor WR group outside of GW and TE’s that barely contribute, we’ve played a number of the best teams in the league and beaten 2 of them(should’ve beaten a 3rd)……and yet here we are…..in contention, next game matters….if you can’t enjoy that then why put yourself through this?

Again….I was told to enjoy the ride last year, too.  I did not enjoy it.  The season is 17 games, not 7.  

25 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

and what’s more, there are people for whom accepting they may be wrong about something, or at the very least, not entirely right, is anathema….the rest of us couldn’t give a flying f**K, we jus want to be playing meaningful games in December

I have no idea where Zach will ultimately land as far as a QB. The odds are stacked against him at this point in his career. I have enough of an understanding of the complexity of the QB position however, to understand that you do not ignore progress, and you cannot say how much someone will or will not progress. Not everyone develops the same way, some develop immediately, some develop over time. Some get worse over time. For now I am accepting that ZW was slated to be the backup QB (for good reason not being the starter) and he has done and admiral job as a backup with the team sitting at 4-3 with a gauntlet of a schedule. I see zero reason to knock the sh*t out of a backup qb in this situation, but to each their own I suppose, many Jets fans want to do nothing more. If he continues to progress, with his athleticism and arm strength, its not impossilbe he becomes a very good starting QB. I am not betting on it nor against it, but many here are rooting strongly against it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m talking QBs who put together seasons you described, not 2 games out of 4 like Richardson.  He didn’t look the part, he had a couple of decent games.  
I said it’s rare that a QB comes into the NFL and has a light it up rookie season.  I didn’t comment on Zach Wilson 

I guess my point is that it is more common than ever for guys to come in and perform well right away.

NFL teams have adopted more college/spread schemes to accommodate guys who have been playing 7 on 7 at QB camps since high school. It's obviously still a huge adjustment but a) most of the guys who can play are good right away and b) most of the guys who can't suck right away and are never good.

I don't really get the denial that Zach isn't in the second group.

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like if the Jets had a "so so" QB like Daniel Jones who actualy has shown real promise and has had glimpses of looking good. It would be a neverending conversation -- we can't even all get on the same page that Zach Wilson sucks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

I'm one breath we are told the Jets have one of the worst wide receiver rooms in the league and in another we are an average QB away from the Lombardi emoji28.png It's hilarious.

That and our diabolical OL …the worst coach and coaching staff in the league…an incompetent meddling owner…a $96M DT who makes no plays ….John Franklin-Myers being a starter….the refs stiffing us at every opportunity(honourable exception to the zebra that sprinted to touch the ball Sunday)….but otherwise we are stacked except at QB….yep

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1